martiv

NVC cannot be reached, should I be worried?

80 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

we got NoA2 by USCIS on 03/05 (40 days ago) and we haven't heard from NVC or the US Embassy in my country ever since. My Fiance and I have been constantly trying to reach NVC via phone and e-mail for 3 weeks, but all the lines have been busy, couldn't talk with an operator.

I wrote an e-mail to the US Embassy in Hungary last week but they have not answered yet.

As I wrote, our application has been approved by the USCIS, so I am not sure why there is a delay.

Should I be worried?

Has anyone experienced extended waiting time with NVC?

Thanks,

Marti

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No worries

I called daytime in USA and all I got was lines are busy

Called around 7 am morning time and could get phone answered in about 5 minutes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You are in the same boat as me! Forget about NVC at the moment. You need to call USCIS and find out where your approved petition is!

I got approved a day after you, I got my USC fiancé to call USCIS and find out why NVC hadn't received my case yet as it had been more that 32 days. When he called they told him that CSC still had the petition and hadn't sent it yet! Rather frustrating. He got somebody to put in a service request for him so they can just send the petition on. That was last week so he called up yesterday just to find out where we stood. This is the email he sent me after he called them

The lady was like "I see you just put in a service report(or whatever it's called) on the 9th and it takes at least 15 days for them to response back and if it's by mail it will take an additional 15, so give it at least 30 days" and I said well I've already waited past the 35 days and you're telling me to wait another 30 is out of the question so may I speak to someone on teir 2. And she kept saying sir there are certain procedures that we have to take. You have to give them.25 days..and I just kept asking to speak to someone on teir 2 and she just kept saying the same thing..so after the 8th time I got a lil ratchet..I'm sorry..I said are you going to respect my request to transfer me to someone on teir 2 or nah, If not this conversation is done? And she said sir there are certain procedures...and I hung up on her @ss..

So seems like we're stuck for another month. If you're the USC fiance, call USCIS! Speak to somebody on tier 2!!

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

Timeline

we got accepted at CSC too.. oh gosh...

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll do so!

Yeah, I saw you were CSC and straight away thought you were prob in my boat too! Hopefully you can this resolved quickly.

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

v5Hb.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

either call first thing in the morning at 7 am EST or after 9 pm EST, you will get through. The consulate has no control over the NVC and won't be able to help you. The consulate has no clue you even have a case until they receive it from the NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Definitely call around 7am or a little after.. The pass few mornings I called at 7am and I still had to wait 10-15 mins before I got a chance to speak with someone lol but it's worth a try!

You guys have been waiting a lot longer than I have but we're in the same boat. My fiancé got approved on April 2nd and I called USCIS this morning to find out the petition had already been send off, but the lady told me she can't verify that so I should keep calling NVC to see if they have it ( -_- ) I called NVC and they haven't received it and told me to wait 35 days

October 30, 2014 - Sent I-129F

November 5, 2014 -USCIS received petition

November 9, 2014 - Check pending

November 10, 2014 - Check cashed and NOA1 received

November 17, 2014 - NOA1 hard copy received

************NO RFE...***************

April 2, 2015 - NOA2 (143 days) (L)

April 8, 2015 - NOA2 hardcopy

April 14, 2015 - Send to NVC

April 21, 2015 - NVC Received petition

April 23, 2015 - Case number assigned

April 25, 2015 - In transit

April 23, 2015 - Package 3 received (Email)

April 27, 2015 - Consulate received petition

May 5, 2015 - Package 3 completed & NVC letter received

May 18, 2015 - Medical

May 27, 2015 - Pick up medical results

May 29, 2015 - Interview ----- APPROVED! :dancing:

June 8, 2015 - Administrative Processing

June 9, 2015 - ISSUED! :luv:

June 12, 2015 - Visa Received :dancing:

Timeline

Definitely call around 7am or a little after.. The pass few mornings I called at 7am and I still had to wait 10-15 mins before I got a chance to speak with someone lol but it's worth a try!

You guys have been waiting a lot longer than I have but we're in the same boat. My fiancé got approved on April 2nd and I called USCIS this morning to find out the petition had already been send off, but the lady told me she can't verify that so I should keep calling NVC to see if they have it ( -_- ) I called NVC and they haven't received it and told me to wait 35 days

My Fiance called USCIS, they said they had already forwarded the application to NVC, but didn't say when.

We have nothing else to do but keep trying to reach NVC. We will call them after 9pm and if we can't reach them, tomorrow 7am.

My Fiance has been calling them for the past 3 weeks 4-5 times a day in various time of the day, but all he could hear was the automated message that all the operators are busy... It's ridiculous.

This whole situation is quite frustrating, cause I already bought my plane ticket for June 19th, hopefully with a little luck I can still get the visa by then...

Timeline

June 19th is really cutting it close because after the case gets to your consulate you never know if you'll be approved or if you get approved, we don't know how long we'll be stuck in AP before the visa is issued... Hopefully you can get it in time though

Hang up and keep calling back until they place you on hold to speak with someone. I call this morning & it says because of the high volume of calls I should call later, I hang up and call again and got through so don't give up

May 18, 2015 - Medical

Timeline

Lol you're really not in the same boat as us. Your boat isn't even in the same sea as ours loool. If you got approved April 2nd, that's not even two weeks yet! Wait till Thursday and start calling.

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

v5Hb.png

Timeline

My Fiance called USCIS, they said they had already forwarded the application to NVC, but didn't say when.

We have nothing else to do but keep trying to reach NVC. We will call them after 9pm and if we can't reach them, tomorrow 7am.

My Fiance has been calling them for the past 3 weeks 4-5 times a day in various time of the day, but all he could hear was the automated message that all the operators are busy... It's ridiculous.

This whole situation is quite frustrating, cause I already bought my plane ticket for June 19th, hopefully with a little luck I can still get the visa by then...

All over this site and in the instuctions is tells you not to make any concretre travel arrangments. Well let's just hope you get sorted by then. The trick to calling NVC is, as soon as you hear the voice say 'Thank you', just put the phone down and call back. do that each time untill you hear it ring first. You'll only get through on a ring. Persistence is the key.

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

v5Hb.png

Timeline

All over this site and in the instuctions is tells you not to make any concretre travel arrangments. Well let's just hope you get sorted by then. The trick to calling NVC is, as soon as you hear the voice say 'Thank you', just put the phone down and call back. do that each time untill you hear it ring first. You'll only get through on a ring. Persistence is the key.

At the time of the purchase it sounded like a good financial decision to buy the plane ticket ahead of time, and it looked like I had given reasonable amount of time for the documents to pass through... didn't expect this NVC delay :S Once we reach NVC we'll get closer to find out what the situation really is and if I need to modify the flight... fingers crossed, hoping for the best...

Timeline

Listen, regardless of where we are in our journey please be mindful of what you say to others. I CLEARLY pointed out the fact by saying you guys have been waiting ALOT longer than I have (AT THIS STAGE), but the fact still remains that we are WAITING TOGETHER which puts us in the same boat regardless if you've been sitting on the boat longer than the newer persons who are just boarding the waiting ship. This is the problem with other people on this website because those at TSC filers talks down to CSC filers because they received their NOA2 a lot faster than the rest of us which isn't something any of us can control. However, I've been sitting at TSC for almost 5 months before my fiancé finally got approved and it's heartbreaking for those who are still waiting whether they applied before me or after while you on the other hand receive you approval in less than a month and now waiting over a month to get your petition to NVC... Oh my looks like the world is gonna end!

I've seen your posts about the long wait at NVC and I do sympathize with you about the long wait, but please don't ever respond to my comment by trying to talk down to me because you feel as if I have no room to comment because you've been waiting 30+ days & we're only at a few weeks. If you calculate my wait time from USCIS to NVC compare to yours, I should be the one telling you that you're not in the same boat or same sea so please be mindful of what you say to others and how you say it. We're all upset and hurting over this immigration journey one way or another, but this constant bickering & snapping at other people on this website is getting ridiculous and needs to stop.

May 18, 2015 - Medical

Timeline

Listen, regardless of where we are in our journey please be mindful of what you say to others. I CLEARLY pointed out the fact by saying you guys have been waiting ALOT longer than I have (AT THIS STAGE), but the fact still remains that we are WAITING TOGETHER which puts us in the same boat regardless if you've been sitting on the boat longer than the newer persons who are just boarding the waiting ship. This is the problem with other people on this website because those at TSC filers talks down to CSC filers because they received their NOA2 a lot faster than the rest of us which isn't something any of us can control. However, I've been sitting at TSC for almost 5 months before my fiancé finally got approved and it's heartbreaking for those who are still waiting whether they applied before me or after while you on the other hand receive you approval in less than a month and now waiting over a month to get your petition to NVC... Oh my looks like the world is gonna end!

I've seen your posts about the long wait at NVC and I do sympathize with you about the long wait, but please don't ever respond to my comment by trying to talk down to me because you feel as if I have no room to comment because you've been waiting 30+ days & we're only at a few weeks. If you calculate my wait time from USCIS to NVC compare to yours, I should be the one telling you that you're not in the same boat or same sea so please be mindful of what you say to others and how you say it. We're all upset and hurting over this immigration journey one way or another, but this constant bickering & snapping at other people on this website is getting ridiculous and needs to stop.

I'm sure it was nobody's intention to make you feel this way. You are right, we are all waiting, therefore we are all in the same boat. We are more alike than we think...after all you both suggested the same :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.