vis.a.vis

American Petitioner Living Abroad - I-129F Questions

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Well, I certainly make above 125% the poverty line. I suppose I should find more information on 'domicile in the states'. I maintain records, accounts, retirement, etc, all with my father's address. I could use that as a domicile. However, if the K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, why would we have to prove a domicile that would be for immigrant purposes?

I suppose we could try the B2 visa first, $125 and her trip to Ho Chi Minh City is a huge inconvenience, but not insurmountable. It's certainly a waste if she's rejected and we're back to square one.

If the K1 visa is a non-immigrant visa, but you must immigrate to qualify, then maybe we should get a different visa. Would the K3 be a better option? I'm still open to considering all of my options.

As far as taking up time, (and don't take this rudely), but I'm a US citizen born and bred. I've paid my taxes, voted, and stayed within the confines of the law. I still file taxes and vote even while residing in Vietnam. I don't have any qualms about taking this time, because it's my country and my government. Thus, I can use this time and my government's services as needed.

Surely, there must be a way for us to take a short vacation and go visit my family, and then come back to Vietnam. I know *almost* everyone wants to emigrate to the US. But certainly, I can't be the only one who wants to go for a visit with my fiancee, then return to where I can do the most good in the world. Helping unfortunate, underprivileged, downtrodden folk to better their lives.

K-3 is for someone who is already married, bringing the spouse to the United States to live. So that is surely NOT your intention.

K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visas

Immigration law allows the alien spouse of a U.S. citizen and his or her minor children to be admitted to the United States as nonimmigrants while they are awaiting the adjudication of a Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. It also allows them to obtain employment authorization while they are waiting.

Eligibility

To be eligible for a K-3 nonimmigrant visa, an individual must:

• Be married to a U.S. citizen
  • Have a pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on his or her behalf

http://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/k3-k4-visa/k-3k-4-nonimmigrant-visas

You are involved in a sticky situation because visitor visas are so hard to obtain . Perhaps schedule an appointment at the Embassy for yourself (American Citizen) and ask them how they recommend you proceed. Being honest is sometimes the ONLY way to go !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.