RocketElephant

K1 Process Differentiation?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You mentioned your "good job" there, a letter from the company you work for is very good evidence to me, of proof of return, using hers with it.,,.,.,.it might help.

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I see your points, and I might not have looked closely enough at the B2 visa. The kind folks over on the B2 visa thread imitated that it was nigh impossible and her relationship with me made it even more so. You can see the thread here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541329-wish-to-reside-in-vietnam/ They did say that the B2 applicant must qualify 'on their own merits'. I took that to mean that nothing my employer or I say or do would help her to get the visa.

I suppose the thing I would be worried about is if we should be married before the B2 visa. If we should be married before applying for the B2 visa, and she is consistently rejected for the B2, then we would have lost our chance to use the K1 to go see friends and family in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She doesn't live eith me and she doesn't have a house. In Vietnamese culture, children live with their parents until they marry, then they'd get a house. She is a pharmacist here in Vietnam and she makes good money for the living wage here ($400 a month), although that isn't enough to prove 'strong ties.'

I do still have two US bank accounts, a 401k, and student loans. All of which I contribute to monthly. I also still maintain a voter registration at my father's house and I plan on voting in the next presidential election.

Although, I will not lie about my intent to resettle back in the US. There has to be an honeat way for my fiancee to visit my family and my hometown in the US.

I never would have imagined that the government would oppose this. It appears it's easier for her to emigrate than it is to stay temporarily. Am I taking crazy pills??

Thanks again for all of your help.

It probably would be easier if you were planning to move to and live in the US. Tourist visas can be hard to get in some countries, even without having a USC fiance(e).

Research what is required for the K-1 visa interview in Vietnam. It is possible you may not have to prove your US domicile or domicile intent. Each consulate can have different processes and requirements. You will need to show a stable continuing US income, or US assets worth 3-5 times the income requirement. You may also be able to use a co-sponsor to satisfy the financials.

Just always be honest throughout the process about your intent and plans, if ever asked.

If you are able to get the K-1, then you can legally use it the way you are describing. It won't stop her from being eligible for a spousal visa at a later date, should you decide to then move to the US permanently.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.