sanda

Question about I-134 affidavit of support

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi good people of visa journey!

One easy question for you, which number on 10-40 form is important for I-134? Is that line 22 or some other?

Few more questions...

Last year my fiance spent 7.5 months in Croatia, with me, so he only worked for 4.5 months. He owns a small business and since he wasnt working, i believe his income is lower than required. Is it possible that the fact that he wasnt working all year will be taken as a factor while reviewing his affidavit. In a way that he can earn 4 times what he earned last year if he works full year? Or is it becoming evident we will need co-sponsor or assets as a poof?

His income should be 19,912 dollars or 3 times 19,912 if proven in assets, right?

Any thoughts, ideas or experiences are welcome!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi good people of visa journey!

One easy question for you, which number on 10-40 form is important for I-134? Is that line 22 or some other?

Few more questions...

Last year my fiance spent 7.5 months in Croatia, with me, so he only worked for 4.5 months. He owns a small business and since he wasnt working, i believe his income is lower than required. Is it possible that the fact that he wasnt working all year will be taken as a factor while reviewing his affidavit. In a way that he can earn 4 times what he earned last year if he works full year? Or is it becoming evident we will need co-sponsor or assets as a poof?

His income should be 19,912 dollars or 3 times 19,912 if proven in assets, right?

Any thoughts, ideas or experiences are welcome!

I'm not sure where you got the 19,912 but the number is 20,090 for two. It doesn't matter what he will or should make only what he most recently made. You will need a co-sponsor.

If You Can’t Meet the Minimum Income Requirements

If you cannot meet the minimum income requirements using your earned income, you have various options:

• You may add the cash value of your assets. This includes money in savings accounts, stocks, bonds, and property. To determine the amount of assets required to qualify, subtract your household income from the minimum income requirement (125% of the poverty level for your family size). You must prove the cash value of your assets is worth five times this difference (the amount left over).
    • Exceptions:
      • If the person being sponsored is a spouse, or son/daughter (who is 18 years or older) of a U.S. citizen: The minimum cash value of assets must be three times the difference between the sponsor’s household income and 125% of the federal poverty guide line for the household.

Three times the amount, yes. Keep in mind that Manila is picky and will want the co-sponsor to be a family member. And oddly enough after all that the I-134 is not even legally enforcable....

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

http://www.***removed***/affidavit-of-support/i-864p-poverty-guidelines.html

this is where i found a number. Thx for the answer! i believe we will make the requirements using tax returns and assets, without a co-sponsor.

Which documents are needed to prove value and ownership of house or condo?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm not sure where you got the 19,912 but the number is 20,090 for two. It doesn't matter what he will or should make only what he most recently made. You will need a co-sponsor.

$19,912 is 125% of the poverty level for a household of two. $20,090 is 100% of the poverty level for a household of 3.> http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Which documents are needed to prove value and ownership of house or condo?

You need an appraisal and documentation showing any liens against the property, such as an active mortgage, to get the net value.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

$19,912 is 125% of the poverty level for a household of two. $20,090 is 100% of the poverty level for a household of 3.> http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

You need an appraisal and documentation showing any liens against the property, such as an active mortgage, to get the net value.

Derp, read the wrong line. Sorry and thanks.

Edited by Shauneg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.