hatemheather

Please help! Trying to obtain info on my ex husband

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

if it makes you feel any better about your comment, i do have a learning disability yes.. so a lot of the time my comphrension skills become skewed.... due to stress, and just in general. i do get extra help at the school, because of this. so patience with me would be nice. not asking u to baby me. but please dont knock a person down

no one has answered this

thank you jan22.. okay so my question is how would i even know or get that info if i sponsored or not? would that all be on the g-639?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

no one has answered this

thank you jan22.. okay so my question is how would i even know or get that info if i sponsored or not? would that all be on the g-639?

Nothing is on th G-639 . It is a request to get information, you would request a copy of the I-864.

I-864 is binding until:

• Immigrant leaves USA and gives up residency, OR;
  • Immigrant Naturalizes and becomes a citizen, OR;
  • Immigrant works and is credited with 40 quarters of work per SSA, OR;
  • Immigrant dies, OR;
  • Sponsor dies

Boiler will correct me here, but I don't think Divorce affects this - it's still valid.

Yep, it is all on the I 864.

inside box the number hand written..No RFE for me using "unknown" . goodluck!

you wrote Unknown in the boxes and RFE around the box? who told you about this to write RFE? and do you know what these other people are referring to when it comes to the sponsoring part? did u have to go through that as well? out of all people, i would like to hear your story please.

No one said write RFE outside the box.... just write the word "uknown" inside the box where the number would go.

OP--original poster, that's you.

High fraud consualte---Tunisa has a high visa fraud rate

Unsure of your immigration responsibilies from prior marriage----could rais flag with embassy

It seems you have no research into anything and want everyone here to lay it out for you. (not judging myself but it's why I told you to slow down before)

That's why the person said we can't understand it for you.

Edited by Shauneg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Put "unknown" on the form, as has been said several times.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

yes, i'm aware of tunisian horror stories of fraud marriages particularlly with older british women. i know. my previous marriage was just so silly to me. i was 21 years old just being wild, i left him 9 months into the relationship. just so happen the person i stumbled upon marrying wasnt a citizen, and so many youngsters hve made this silly mistake, but im being patronized because he wasn't a citizen? it's not fair, and i'm sure my case it isn't uncommon. so how would i go about getting a request of the copy of the 1-864? thanks for breaking it all down for me.

Nothing is on th G-639 . It is a request to get information, you would request a copy of the I-864.

No one said write RFE outside the box.... just write the word inside the box where the number would go.

OP--original poster, that's you.

High fraud consualte---Tunisa has a high visa fraud rate

Unsure of your immigration responsibilies from prior marriage----could rais flag with embassy

That's why the person said we can't understand it for you.

Timeline

yes, i'm aware of tunisian horror stories of fraud marriages particularlly with older british women. i know. my previous marriage was just so silly to me. i was 21 years old just being wild, i left him 9 months into the relationship. just so happen the person i stumbled upon marrying wasnt a citizen, and so many youngsters hve made this silly mistake, but im being patronized because he wasn't a citizen? it's not fair, and i'm sure my case it isn't uncommon. so how would i go about getting a request of the copy of the 1-864? thanks for breaking it all down for me.

Like it has been said many times before on here. File a G-639.

http://www.uscis.gov/g-639

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

what does OP mean? what high fraud consulate? and confusing past? I didn't pay any attention to this stuff when i got married? what is wrong with my case? I just need to know whether or not to put unknown or wait for the alien #. and im asking since two people have said for whatever reason im my exes sponsor, WOULD THAT info be in the G-639? how in the world would i even find that out? nothing in complicated about this. i just have a few questions and that's it.

I agree with @boiler. @haterheather, I also suggest you consult with a really good immigration lawyer, because your case is somehow complicated. I wish you happiness with your new found love, and would like you to get someone who will help you organize your paperwork so nothing goes wrong. Have a nice day.

Adjusting from J-1 Visa

*********J-1 waiver timeline***********************

10/15/2014: filed I-612 with USCIS, and DS-3035 with DOS
10/22/2014: alien reg. number changed
10/30/2014: Dos received my DS-3035 application(posted info online)
12/05/2014: USCIS requested non USCIS advisory opinion
12/10/2014: DOS received I-613 from USCIS
01/16/2015: Favorable recommendation send to USCIS
01/26/2015: USCIS approved my hardship case
02/01/2015: Received hard copy I-612 approval notice

**************AOS timeline*************************

02/27/2015: Filed AOS ( I-130/I-485/I765)

03/04/2015: Received

03/06/2015: Finger print fee accepted

03/13/2015: Received NO1 hard copy( I-130/I-485/I765)

04/11/2015: Received Biometrics Notice---April 24

04/13/2015: Early walk-in biometrics successful

05/12/2015: EAD approved

05/19/2015: EAD card mailed

05/20/2015: EAD delivered

08/21/2015: I-485 interview notice( scheduled 09/24/2015)

09/24/2015: I-485/I-130 interview( approved)

09/30/2015: Greencard ordered for production

Timeline

what does OP mean? what high fraud consulate? and confusing past? I didn't pay any attention to this stuff when i got married? what is wrong with my case? I just need to know whether or not to put unknown or wait for the alien #. and im asking since two people have said for whatever reason im my exes sponsor, WOULD THAT info be in the G-639? how in the world would i even find that out? nothing in complicated about this. i just have a few questions and that's it.

Sounds like you didn't know Tunisa was high fraud consulate.

You should get a lawyer for help for all the things stated.

If you have trouble comprehending/remembering/understanding things then you really need too. You don't want to mess this up. I'm not one to judge but it's the reality of the situation it seems,

Timeline

i have wrote twice i know that tunisia is nortorious for fraud... my application is perfect and beautifully organized! all im saying is will the g-639 tell me if i was a sponsor to my ex or not? there is no need for a lawyer, when all there is, is two questions.

Sounds like you didn't know Tunisa was high fraud consulate.

You should get a lawyer for help for all the things stated.

If you have trouble comprehending/remembering/understanding things then you really need too. You don't want to mess this up. I'm not one to judge but it's the reality of the situation it seems,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I really think this thread has reached the purpose it was opened for.

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Timeline

yes indeed it has, but now it's gotten more complicated because i guess i am the sponsor to my ex. now i want to know does that info come in the g-639?

I really think this thread has reached the purpose it was opened for.

Timeline

i have wrote twice i know that tunisia is nortorious for fraud... my application is perfect and beautifully organized! all im saying is will the g-639 tell me if i was a sponsor to my ex or not? there is no need for a lawyer, when all there is, is two questions.

And I told you already the G-639 doesn't say anything, it's a request form. I even linked to it for you.

Moot point but if you already it was high fraud then why did you ask this?....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think most of us think it is odd that you sponsored your ex husband without seemingly having a clue what was going on and what you were doing.

This site has guides as to the process, I STRONGLY recommend you read them both to find out what happened last time and what needs to happen this time.

We have also seen many many cases where people have rushed into these situations and it ends in disaster. You have been there once, you seem to be heading there again.

Time to take a deep breath, take a week out, get your head together and work out what you want to do and if you need legal help.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

yes indeed it has, but now it's gotten more complicated because i guess i am the sponsor to my ex. now i want to know does that info come in the g-639?

I think you'd be better served doing some research on your own. I've told you twice there's nothing on it and linked to the G-639 for you. I'm not going to type out everything that's on the form.

Forget about the freedom of information act.

The form is just an application for information and you never know how long it will take.

Just write unknown for his alien number and carry on how you are if that's all you need.

No one can help you much more than this.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

Forget about the freedom of information act.

The form is just an application for information and you never know how long it will take.

Just write unknown for his alien number and carry on how you are if that's all you need.

No one can help you much more than this.

She's worried about the sponsorship thing now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.