hatemheather

Please help! Trying to obtain info on my ex husband

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I am taking each step at a time. my application is absoluetly perfect... sponsoring is lined up as well when that point comes. i don't know what u are trying to make me slow down for, i'm asking a question. if you don't have an answer to it you didn't need to say anything. i have waited enough and taken extremely slow measures. so what if i want a speedy answer for something annoying. it's not my whole application, it's ONE QUESTION.

Slow down so you don't miss anything and take it a step at a time. Sorry, I know you were in Califonia, but my brain was somewhere else. I think people are trying to help need more information to properly answer some things. I didn't see too much judging going on.

Timeline

what does "no RFE" mean? and did you attach a letter why you didnt have it?

inside box the number hand written..No RFE for me using "unknown" . goodluck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Word of caution -- (And, BTW, none of this has to do with whether you are legally free to remarry or not -- it's all about completing the immigration paperwork properly.) Your memory of the whole process in the lawyer's office -- by you own statements -- is confused and vague. The petitioner (which would be you for your ex -- undoubtedly one of the papers you signed was the I-130) must ALWAYS be a sponsor, so you would have also likely signed the I-864. His brother-in-law would have been a co-sponsor. But, you would still be his sponsor and they would look to you for payment first and the brother-in-law second. Not saying you will ever have to pay anything -- just that for paperwork purposes, it is almost guaranteed that you should put that you sponsored your ex and that needs to be factored into your I-134/I-864 for your fiancee. If you did in fact sponsor him -- as it appears likely you did, whether you understood it at the time or not -- and you deny this on your current form, USCIS will think you are concealing this on purpose and lying on the form.

This is what I'm getting at.

Timeline

I have been on social security disability for the past 5 years now. So what are you trying to say? regardless i need the information of the whole immigration thing with the ex at least when it comes to filling out the sponsor part even though i don't qualify ? so doing this g-639 will give me all the information as to what the hell is going on if i sponsored or not. and it is very unlikely i did, because i do remember them laughing at me saying impossible i can sponsor. i own nothing, i am in 10,000 debt, my parents pay my school and rent. filing out the sponsoring part comes after we have been approved correct?

Word of caution -- (And, BTW, none of this has to do with whether you are legally free to remarry or not -- it's all about completing the immigration paperwork properly.) Your memory of the whole process in the lawyer's office -- by you own statements -- is confused and vague. The petitioner (which would be you for your ex -- undoubtedly one of the papers you signed was the I-130) must ALWAYS be a sponsor, so you would have also likely signed the I-864. His brother-in-law would have been a co-sponsor. But, you would still be his sponsor and they would look to you for payment first and the brother-in-law second. Not saying you will ever have to pay anything -- just that for paperwork purposes, it is almost guaranteed that you should put that you sponsored your ex and that needs to be factored into your I-134/I-864 for your fiancee. If you did in fact sponsor him -- as it appears likely you did, whether you understood it at the time or not -- and you deny this on your current form, USCIS will think you are concealing this on purpose and lying on the form.

Timeline

you wrote Unknown in the boxes and RFE around the box? who told you about this to write RFE? and do you know what these other people are referring to when it comes to the sponsoring part? did u have to go through that as well? out of all people, i would like to hear your story please.

No letter at all "unknown" will do.....RFE Request For Evidence if you're missing something in your application.

Timeline

what does OP mean? what high fraud consulate? and confusing past? I didn't pay any attention to this stuff when i got married? what is wrong with my case? I just need to know whether or not to put unknown or wait for the alien #. and im asking since two people have said for whatever reason im my exes sponsor, WOULD THAT info be in the G-639? how in the world would i even find that out? nothing in complicated about this. i just have a few questions and that's it.

I am not one to idly suggest a Lawyer, but this case does suggest one.

OP has medical issues, high fraud consulate and confusing past.

Filed: Timeline

I have been on social security disability for the past 5 years now. So what are you trying to say? regardless i need the information of the whole immigration thing with the ex at least when it comes to filling out the sponsor part even though i don't qualify ? so doing this g-639 will give me all the information as to what the hell is going on if i sponsored or not. and it is very unlikely i did, because i do remember them laughing at me saying impossible i can sponsor. i own nothing, i am in 10,000 debt, my parents pay my school and rent. filing out the sponsoring part comes after we have been approved correct?

Just to be clear, my comment was about having signed the form for your ex-husband. I'm sure they did assure you at the time that you didn't have to worry about sponsoring your ex since you have/had no resources. But, legally, it is still a requirement that you must sign the I-864 as the primay sponsor. If his green card was approved, you undoubtedly signed the financial sponsor form.

The sponsoring part for the K-1 for your fiancee is basically in two parts -- the I-134 is submitted prior to or at the visa interview. The I-864 has to be submitted at the time of Adjustment of Status (AOS), after he has arrived in the US and you have married. This is after your I-129f has been approved by USCIS, if that's what you mean by your last question. But, it's still important that USCIS not think you misrepresented anything to them. Even though your petition would have been approved, it could result in the AOS being denied.

Timeline

we are here to help. im coming for advice? why are you shooting people down in need of advice? I come here for a safe environment in hopes of some advice on situations. as what everyone else is here for.

Also some comprehension skills issue here.

thank you jan22.. okay so my question is how would i even know or get that info? would that all be on the g-639?

Just to be clear, my comment was about having signed the form for your ex-husband. I'm sure they did assure you at the time that you didn't have to worry about sponsoring your ex since you have/had no resources. But, legally, it is still a requirement that you must sign the I-864 as the primay sponsor. If his green card was approved, you undoubtedly signed the financial sponsor form.

The sponsoring part for the K-1 for your fiancee is basically in two parts -- the I-134 is submitted prior to or at the visa interview. The I-864 has to be submitted at the time of Adjustment of Status (AOS), after he has arrived in the US and you have married. This is after your I-129f has been approved by USCIS, if that's what you mean by your last question. But, it's still important that USCIS not think you misrepresented anything to them. Even though your petition would have been approved, it could result in the AOS being denied.

we are here to help. im coming for advice? why are you shooting people down in need of advice? I come here for a safe environment in hopes of some advice on situations. as what everyone else is here for.

We Can Explain the issues/situations to You (after many pages here) But We Can't Understand It For You.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

no one has answered this

thank you jan22.. okay so my question is how would i even know or get that info if i sponsored or not? would that all be on the g-639?

We Can Explain the issues/situations to You (after many pages here) But We Can't Understand It For You.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.