hatemheather

Please help! Trying to obtain info on my ex husband

81 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

on the form I-129F form it asks about previous spouses alien number if you filed for immigration stuff before... I was told to fill out the G-639, but I'm confused on how to fill it out. There seems to only be examples for the immigrant.... I can't obtain this from my ex. Can someone give me an example how to file for this??? If they have been through it? and what sort of thing to attach about how to obtain it faster?

Timeline

did you get approved? where are you on your immigration status? i spoke with a lawyer... he highly suggests i get that number, because it will prolong my process and eventually they will need a hold of that. especailly because my offical nasty divorce was finalized just march 7.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Not sure I understand your situation, best to start with a timeline of events.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I just got my divorced finalized march 7, but was separated for 2 years and had been with someone else. going through this divorce was extremely tedious and hard. and i cant marry the man i love without divorcing this idiot first. i thought i was done with dealing with the ex. but it still came to haunt me due to him being an immigrant and i need his alien # which i can't obtain from him. there are no examples on how to fill this out or advice on how to expedite it(making it faster than waiting 1-2 months) just so i can answer two questions on the application! it's ridiculous :/

I just got my divorced finalized march 7, but was separated for 2 years and had been with someone else. going through this divorce was extremely tedious and hard. and i cant marry the man i love without divorcing this idiot first. i thought i was done with dealing with the ex. but it still came to haunt me due to him being an immigrant and i need his alien # which i can't obtain from him. there are no examples on how to fill this out or advice on how to expedite it(making it faster than waiting 1-2 months) just so i can answer two questions on the application! it's ridiculous :/

The guides and example forms show you how to fill out the forms.

If you do not know his alien number it is not a huge issue, I imagine you could just put what you do know.

Also you cannot expedite it just because you don't want to wait 2 months.

Chances are you're looking at 5-10 months in total.

And you cannot expedite without legitimate reasons such as medical emergencies, extreamly financial hardship or humanitarian issues.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Timeline

i did pay for a lawyer on here... since me being married to an immigrant and the divorce was so recent. they are going to be looking harder at us. so everything needs to be put. and he suggests i do the g-639.....but im so confused. im also confused why i need to have someone notarized my notary whatever that means. im still asking. and apparently have it stamped? i dont know why i cant just go into the immigration office and get it that same day.

Timeline

I don't know if i should make copies of my medical records of even a letter from my pyshcitrist. i have severe anxiety disorder, as well as being bipolar. all of this is somewhat of a medical emergency because i need him here as soon as possible. He not only has been the love of my life, but he eases my mental illness. but my problem with writing that to my attachment of urgency is that maybe they wont approve us because they will think im too crazy and not thinking right. you still think we could possibly be approved within 6 months if i have to wait up to 2 months for this thing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Put unknown, then on an additional sheet put what information you do know. His name, his last known address, the country he came from , where he landed in the US, the date when he got his green card and where

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Immigration is a two way road, have you considered moving, probably quickest.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

I have no idea where he landed in the US, or the date of when he got his green card (or if he even did). I wasn't aware he wasn't a citizen until after i married him.. he was secreative, a liar, and abusive. Getting him summoned was hard enough.

Put unknown, then on an additional sheet put what information you do know. His name, his last known address, the country he came from , where he landed in the US, the date when he got his green card and where

I WOULD LOVE TO MOVE TO HIM! but i have come wayyyy to far along in my studies to just throw it out the window. So yes moving there would be an option. but we also want our children to have the benefits and more choices by being born in the US.

I have no idea where he landed in the US, or the date of when he got his green card (or if he even did). I wasn't aware he wasn't a citizen until after i married him.. he was secreative, a liar, and abusive. Getting him summoned was hard enough.

You're not making much sense.

I don't understand this.

You don't know where he landed in the states.

Or if he got a green card.

But when you married him you thought he was a citizen?

Did you go through a k1 with him? Because it sounds like you petitioned him.. Then how could you have thought he was a citizen?

London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

Timeline

Trust me, I'm just as much as confused as you are.... I married him just for impulse kind of like a vegas thing. I was heartbroken from a previous relationship, and i barely knew this guy. But i thought he was nice so i figured why not, i never have to worry to date again. I asked him if he was a citizen and he would give me a response like he was offended i'd even ask. i didnt go through any k1 visa. i didnt fill out any paperwork. but a month after marriage he tells me we need go sign some papers with his lawyer. turned out to be an immigration lawyer. i just went with the flow. So i guess since i signed i was the petitioner. i met him in new jersey. but i dont know here he orignially landed no... It doesnt make sense to me either, which is why it's so complicated.

You're not making much sense.
I don't understand this.
You don't know where he landed in the states.
Or if he got a green card.

But when you married him you thought he was a citizen?
Did you go through a k1 with him? Because it sounds like you petitioned him.. Then how could you have thought he was a citizen?

Okay it's a bit clearer.

You don't need to write down an alien number for him. How would you know it? You didn't know he was an alien with no green card.

You met him, married him assuming he was a citizen and then it turned out he wasn't.

So just write down what you know on the forms.

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

Timeline

Back to needing a time line. Sounds like a lot of the information could be obtained from the lawyer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.