kingneptune1

Sad News..But a new beginning

78 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I've been to this site so many times since I started my journey and it has been invaluable and I once again thank everyone for their support.

To make a very long story short,,,after a lengthy and sometimes painful 15 months spent to get my fiance here, i was shocked and saddened to hear her confess that she was unfaithful and fell in love with another man in the Phils. I'll spare you the gory details but suffice to say there was a great deal of lies and deceit involved. What made it even sadder is we had finally crossed the finish line. She had finally received her visa and just needed CFO sticker and get on the plane. I caught wind of the affair about a month before her last trip to manila to get the visa. I could tell she had lost interest and the love was gone, she was just going through the motions..,maybe in case it didn't work out with her new bf, I'm not sure. So...a year and half of total devotion of my life to this relationship and bringing her here all down the drain, just like that. Not to mention a few hard earned dollars burned as well.

Before I ask my next questions...a word of advice to potential suitors of a foreigner: I stumbled into a skype conversation between my fiance and another visa applicant she met at the embassy one day. This woman went on to coach my fiance on the fact that even if she had her boyfriend there, she should still come to the states, and once she got here and got her green card, she could leave me and bring her bf here. She even went on to tell her she could chat with him while I was at work. Just tell him to be patient and wait for her. Nice huh? I feel really bad for the poor guy that petitioned the visa for that monster...SO, JUST BE CAREFUL.

OK..enough of that, My heart is strong and I'm moving on, searching for true love. My question today is, I've met someone I am very interested in, from the same vicinity as my x-fiance. If things go well and after some time we get serious enough, what are my chances of petitioning for another k-1 visa. It would be my third, My x-wife (married for 7 years), my x-fiance (never used the visa), and my new love. I hate to get too involved if there is no chance. Also, would it maybe be easier to marry in the Philippines..then bring her here eventually? I also thought if I should maybe contact the embassy and explained what happened to this last one, to avoid maybe having to explain it in the future if the need arises.

As always, thank you for your advice and support

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I know of a few that have done multiple K-1 visas and had no issues. You already know about the waiver requirements.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. You have a good attitude and are moving forward. I wish you the best.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I don't have advice but I want to say sorry about all that. It's despicable what some will do and what some will encourage others to do. I hope you find the one and things work out for you.

I know for sure you would have to apply for a general waiver. Basically a letter stating you circumstances and why you deserve to be considered again, but I don't want to dare to advise you what to write in it, someone else with experience can help you.

So Sorry, it's happened to me so I can relate...

Timeline

Are all of your exes from the Phillipines? If so, why don't you try a different country?

It's because I love that country,,the culture and the people..the climate. Im comfortable there...i want to retire there at least part-time. I still think the woman there for the most part are special..smart, intelligent, loving, beautiful and kind. Thats who I'm attracted to. I know some guys that have had great success fiding their partner there. there are good and bad everywhere. Sometimes it takes awhile and maybe a few tries to find the right one

I know of a few that have done multiple K-1 visas and had no issues. You already know about the waiver requirements.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. You have a good attitude and are moving forward. I wish you the best.

Thanks for the kind words Hank

Timeline

Its sad to hear this kind of story :( but things like that do happen. Sorry, its her lost and for sure someone better and genuinely faithful will come your way.

If your ex- wife is also from another country (even if she is not from the Philippines), it might affect your future application in the same category. It's already a red flag for USCIS. Once you cleared yourself, you can reapply after the two year period. I've read, a waiver can be an answer if you plan to petition someone again within two years (same category). I'm not sure though. I've read some stories like this from different groups. It sucks, but it does happen. Maybe someone here who personally experienced this can explain further?...

She has been issued a Visa already so you might have to call the US embassy here to get more information on what to do. She can't use the Visa anyway, and it will just expire naturally. If she decides to come here with the intention of marrying another using "your" Visa, (with you not taking action yet), she will just put her self into trouble.

Don't rush into falling in love or commitment. Make yourself "clean" from all the troubles your ex fiance has caused you, both legally and emotionally :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Good luck

I think I read somewhere that there is a limit of 3 K1 visas one can apply. Please take a look at that rule, I can't find it right now. So you should be fine.

Are you sure you want to go for a new K1 that fast?

It's your life and your choice, but based in the last experience I would probably hold of another K1 for awhile.

Just saying

Good luck anyhow :)

Timeline

Good luck

I think I read somewhere that there is a limit of 3 K1 visas one can apply. Please take a look at that rule, I can't find it right now. So you should be fine.

Are you sure you want to go for a new K1 that fast?

It's your life and your choice, but based in the last experience I would probably hold of another K1 for awhile.

Just saying

Good luck anyhow :)

Yeah...the reason I'm asking about it now is before i pour my heart and soul into another relationship, I want to be sure I can still petition for a k1 if it gets that far. Ive already had my share of disappointment. Thanks for the advice

Timeline

Yeah...the reason I'm asking about it now is before i pour my heart and soul into another relationship, I want to be sure I can still petition for a k1 if it gets that far. Ive already had my share of disappointment. Thanks for the advice

Like I said before you need a waiver. The rule is a 2nd one within two years or if it is your 3rd or more. I can't tell your the likelihood of acceptance though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Like I said before you need a waiver. The rule is a 2nd one within two years or if it is your 3rd or more. I can't tell your the likelihood of acceptance though.

He should have zero problems getting a visa approved. I doubt the CO will even mention it if he goes to Interview at USEM

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

The "3" limitation is not true... just a humor being perpetuated... still so I see.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If your ex- wife is also from another country (even if she is not from the Philippines), it might affect your future application in the same category. It's already a red flag for USCIS.

That's why they require a waiver for multiple filers. You need to explain the reason for requesting the waiver, and usually for the most part it's accepted.

I think I read somewhere that there is a limit of 3 K1 visas one can apply.

There is a rule limiting the filing of multiple I-129F petitions for fiancé(e). The rule basically states:

• You are not allowed to file a petition within 2 years of approval of your last petition
  • You are not allowed to file more than 2 petitions

This is the multiple filing limitations rule of the IMBRA. However, you can "break the rule" by submitting a waiver request of the multiple filing limitations.

The multiple filing limitations rule is in the Immigration and Nationality Act § 214 (8 USC 1184) : http://www.uscis.gov/laws/immigration-and-nationality-act

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

The person coaching her at the embassy probably failed to mention how long it would take for her to get her boyfriend here. Most likely she would give up if it was even possible. I don't think it would hurt contacting USCIS, but the embassy probably doesn't care much. Perhaps changing the background checking you do in meeting a girl might help avoid things like this in the future. I think it's important to meet all of their family, also spending a week together at a minimum, some guys hire detectives and other things. I have a friend of mine who is also on his third, and he just got in a fight before they meet for the first time because she was on another dating site. Myself I would have cut her off or at least changed the point of my trip. A lot of Filipinas are very monogamous, but it's usually the polar opposite on the ones who aren't. Good luck I hope the next one works out for you, I've dated girls from almost every country and I think Filipinas in general are the best wife material. Although I have friends married to Colombians who are great wives and that would be my last choice in the world so there are always exceptions.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. It is a real let down after making a "commitment" to someone and find out that their commitment is somewhere else. I am glad you are keeping a positive attitude and moving forward. I'd like to offer you some information, specific to your case to answer you question.

You can apply for a second K1 visa petition after 2 years has past since the approval of your first K1 visa petition. If you want to file a K1 petition in less than two years, you will have to apply for a waiver of this rule. Also, if you have filed two or more K1 visa petitions at any time in the past, you will need to apply for a waiver. So, although you can technically apply for unlimited K1 visas, it is complicated to apply for more than 2.

To request a waiver you must submit a signed and dated written request with your K1 visa petition accompanied by documentation of your claim to the waiver. The written request must explain why the waiver is appropriate in your situation. For example, if your prior fiancé died, you would need to explain the circumstances and provide a death certificate. Other supporting documents could include police reports, news articles, or medical reports from a licensed medical professional. If you have divorced you will need a waiver. If you called off the relationship, and a visa was issued but not used, then you should make a written request to the Embassy asking to withdraw the petition. You may wish to notarize such a statement so USCIS can be assured that you personally are asking the petition to be withdrawn.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

The "3" limitation is not true... just a humor being perpetuated... still so I see.

Realy? IMBRA says different, though in his case it's really just a formality....it would be approved as long as their isn't a history of violence.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/Static_Files_Memoranda/Archives%201998-2008/2006/imbra072106.pdf

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-109publ162/html/PLAW-109publ162.htm

SEC. 832. ACCESS TO VAWA PROTECTION REGARDLESS OF MANNER OF ENTRY.

(a) Information on Certain Convictions and Limitation on Petitions

for K Nonimmigrant Petitioners.--

(1) 214(d) amendment.--Section 214(d) of the Immigration and

Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(d)) is amended--

(A) by striking ``(d)'' and inserting ``(d)(1)'';

(B) by inserting after the second sentence ``Such

information shall include information on any criminal

convictions of the petitioner for any specified

crime.'';

© by striking ``Attorney General'' and inserting

``Secretary of Homeland Security'' each place it

appears; and

(D) by adding at the end the following:

``(2)(A) Subject to subparagraphs (B) and ©, a consular officer

may not approve a petition under paragraph (1) unless the officer has

verified that--

``(i) the petitioner has not, previous to the pending

petition, petitioned under paragraph (1) with respect to two or

more applying aliens; and

[[Page 119 STAT. 3067]]

``(ii) if the petitioner has had such a petition previously

approved, 2 years have elapsed since the filing of such

previously approved petition.

``(B) The Secretary of Homeland Security may, in the Secretary's

discretion, waive the limitations in subparagraph (A) if justification

exists for such a waiver. Except in extraordinary circumstances and

subject to subparagraph ©, such a waiver shall not be granted if the

petitioner has a record of violent criminal offenses against a person or

persons.

``©(i) The Secretary of Homeland Security is not limited by the

criminal court record and shall grant a waiver of the condition

described in the second sentence of subparagraph (B) in the case of a

petitioner described in clause (ii).

Edited by Shauneg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.