Liz323

Visa Interview-Ciudad Juarez

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, and I wanted to see if anyone can help my husband get ready for his interview to Ciudad Juarez. We started our application back in March 28, 2014. My husbands waiver was approved May 2015, and his interview is this April 22, 2015. We are very nervous, but happy! It has been a long wait and many stressful days trying to prove extreme hardship. I just wanted to know if anyone can give us any feedbacks. I will not be traveling with my husband, because I am currently taking my last courses for my BA degree ( I am graduating June). Hope to hear from everyone soon :)

Timeline

BTW- my husband and I have been married for 6years (December will be 7 years). We have been looking foward to this interview for such a long time. My father in law passed away, and my husband never got the oppoirtunity to go see him. It has been more than 15 years since my husband has seen his mother. His grandmother is currently very ill so this visa interview is very important to us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

BTW- my husband and I have been married for 6years (December will be 7 years). We have been looking foward to this interview for such a long time. My father in law passed away, and my husband never got the oppoirtunity to go see him. It has been more than 15 years since my husband has seen his mother. His grandmother is currently very ill so this visa interview is very important to us.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Mexico

I-129F: Sent 9/5/2014
I-129F: Arrived at Lewisville 9/8/2014
I-129F: NOA1 Text message/mail 9/11/2014
I-129F: Alien Registration Number Changed 9/16/2014
I-129F: Request to correct on document or notice assigned to an officer for response 10/25/2014
I-129F: Name Change request made 10/31/2014
I-129F: NOA 2 Text message/mail 4/6/2015

I-129F: NOA 2 Hardcopy 4/9/2015

I-129F: Sent to NVC 4/13/2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Two issues I have seen for CDJ which is ground zero for waivers are:

Gang affiliation

Issues beyond the I 601 a application requiring waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Two issues I have seen for CDJ which is ground zero for waivers are:

Gang affiliation

Issues beyond the I 601 a application requiring waiver.

Thank you very much, we are so nervous. Mostly because we don't have children, and we feel like they will find that suspecious (school being the main reason why we don't have children).

Timeline

I meant to put that I am currently a college student, therefore we are waiting to have children after I graduate. Hopefully we won't have a problem. We are so nervous, 9 more days till my husband leaves. :unsure: Wish us luck, please!

Edited by Liz323

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Your explanation about your schooling is very reasonable. Good luck, and report back!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I was browsing through the US visas website, and I saw that under "Collect Supporting Documents" it says police certificate. Is everyone required to obtain one? Thank you in advance.

Edited by Liz323

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Mexico is an exception.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if someone can recommend a hotel close to ciudad juarez consulate (close=walking distance). I wanted to book 4days at Ibis hotel but I read a lot of bad reviews online. So, if you can please recommend one it will be very helpful :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to the Mexico/Latin/South America regional subforum -- new question is country-specific. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, Just curious how did your husbands interview go? Which hotel did he end up staying in? My husbands i-601a was just approved last week and were still waiting for the paper approval notice. his interview was already scheduled by nvc for june 5- so very little time and soooo close!

Timeline

Hi, Just curious how did your husbands interview go? Which hotel did he end up staying in? My husbands i-601a was just approved last week and were still waiting for the paper approval notice. his interview was already scheduled by nvc for june 5- so very little time and soooo close!

Sorry for the late reply. My husband's interview went well, he was approved. He stayed at Microtel, and we payed in advance using Expedia (website). It's much cheaper, and they have other hotel options (they range in prices).

The hotel was good, however breakfast was not so good (It's free so what can we expect). There is a Denny's next to the hotel, but it's pricy.

The only thing that my husband panicked about, was when they asked if he ever had any trouble with immigration. He replied "no", but they fingered printed him again and all the three times he was caught crossing the border popped up. He was asked again if what was showing in the computer was true, and he replied "yes". The officer then approved him.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.