NewYork140

NVC received I-129F Petition a month ago- What's next?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok- I'm really confused now.

I was living in a world, where after the NVC received the approved I-129F petition- they would send my fiance a packet or something with an interview date, and we sail into the sunset. Well she hasn't received anything yet from the New Delhi Embassy and our petition expired June 3rd 2015.

So here are my questions. I have our Case number and the USCIS Receipt number, so....

1) Can we fill out the visa application and submit it?

2) How do we pay for the k1 visa application online? Or does she have to pay for it in person in New Delhi?

3) What do we do AFTER we pay for the k1 visa application? I was told, we can book the interview date online? There is a website called ustraveldocs, does anyone recommend this?

4) Do we go online to schedule a medical exam?

If you can help me, you will be invited to the wedding.

Thanks,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First order of business - call NVC and find out what is happening with your case.

call - 1 603-334-0700

• Press 1 for English
  • then press 1 again.
  • Have your USCIS case number ready as well as passport #, name and DOB

You may encounter issue reaching their menu - if you get standard message that everyone is busy - hand up and call again, keep calling this way until you get the menu.

If your case has been processed - you will get your case number and can locate specific embassy that has your case and contact them for all your questions.

If it is lost - they need to find it and they will give you instructions

If its still processing - you will need to wait.

Good luck

Edited by MSF

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Ok, I got the case number ect.

So here is what happened, I called the New Delhi Embassy, and they connected me to an outsourced company called ustraveldocs. I spoke to them on the phone and they asked for me to send them an email requesting information on my case.

I received a response stating the IMMIGRANT VISA is now ready for processing.

Here are the directions they gave me:

Step 1: Obtain your Police Clearance Certificate from the Regional Passport Office.

>

> Step 2: Complete your medical examination with an approved panel physician from the list available at http://newdelhi.usembassy.gov/medical_report.html. Do not appear for the interview if you do not have a completed medical clearance.

>

> Step 3: Complete Form DS-260 online at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ and print the confirmation page to bring to your interview. Please do this for any derivative spouse and children who will be applying for a visa. If your petition did not go through the NVC process (for example, you filed your petition overseas), your invoice ID number will be the principal applicant’s date of birth (Format: DD-MMM-YYYY).

>

> Step 4: Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in. Create a user account and select your passport/visa pick-up location.

>

> Step 5: Only after completing Steps 1 to 4, log in to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in to schedule two appointments:

> One appointment for biometric fingerprint and photo collection at the Visa Application Center (VAC) and

> One appointment at the Embassy.

SO HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS IF ANYONE CAN HELP.

1) Why are they asking me to flll out the DS260 form for a K1 Fiance Visa?

2) How can I even have my fiance get the police clearance certificate without the original appointment letter from the Embassy?

3) How can I get my fiance to take the medical clearance without the original appointment letter from the Embassy?

I emailed back, and spoke to ustraveldocs and they told me I need to fill out the DS260 and not the DS160, and I can just take a print out of the email they sent for confirmation of the letter from the Embassy.

Please advise. Someone. Anyone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hopefully this will help.

1) You need to fill out and complete DS260 to be able to schedule an interview on ustraveldocs. This is mandatory.

2) She doesn't need the appointment letter for the PCC. All she'll need to do is schedule an appointment on http://passportindia.gov.in/for the PCC - select USA as the country for which PCC is being requested. Just to be sure, ask her to take a printout of the email from ustraveldocs stating the need for PCC.

3) She WILL definitely need the appointment letter for the Medicals. You should contact the New Delhi embassy for the same since your case is already "Ready for processing". I would forward the email from ustraveldocs to the embassy and wait for a response. The US embassies are usually pretty fast with responses - CALL if they don't reply.

At this point, I would recommend getting the PCC since you don't need the appointment letter for that. The PCC can take a while.

Simultaneously, work on talking to the embassy and getting the appointment letter. Once you email the consulate and they respond, you can schedule your medical (you will need to show the e mail from the Mumbai consulate to be able to attend the Medical appointment). They will not send you anything, no packet 3 or 4, except a pretty standard response - which is enough for the Medicals.

P.S : This is not from experience. This is what I've gathered from all the research that I've been doing over the past few months. We're still waiting for our NVC case number.

All the best!

:energy:

July 2012 - met through a dating app

Jan 2013 - Officially started dating. Moved in together

Oct 2013 - Because of VISA issues, I move back to India

Jan 2015 - John visits me in India. Engaged!

K1 timeline

I-129 Petition filed : March 5th 2015

I-129 NOA1 : March 12th 2015 (File sent to CSC )

I-129 NOA2 : April 6th 2015

NVC Recieved : April 23rd 2015 (got case number by calling NVC)

NVC Left : April 24th 2015 (according to CEAC status tracker - https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx)

Consulate Recd : May 4th 2015

Biometrics Appointment (Mumbai VAC) : May 21st 2015

Interview Date (Mumbai CAC) : May 22nd 2015

VISA approval date: May 22nd 2015

Travel Date : 13th June 2015

POE Date: 14th June 2015 (Abu Dhabi)

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent : July 1st 2015

USCIS NOA1 : July 6th 2015

Job Offer: Aug 12th 2015

USCIS Expedite Request for EAD : Aug 17th 2015

Submitted Proof for Expedite : Aug 19th 2015

Called Senator for Expedite help: Aug 20th 2014

I-765 Approved: Aug 24th 2015

I-765 Mailed: Aug 27th 2015

Timeline

Hopefully this will help.

P.S : For K1 VISA, DS160 is used. Not DS260.... CONFIRM WITH THE CONSULATE.

1) You need to fill out and complete DS160 to be able to schedule an interview on ustraveldocs. This is mandatory.

2) She doesn't need the appointment letter for the PCC. All she'll need to do is schedule an appointment on http://passportindia.gov.in/for the PCC - select USA as the country for which PCC is being requested. Just to be sure, ask her to take a printout of the email from ustraveldocs stating the need for PCC.

3) She WILL definitely need the appointment letter for the Medicals. You should contact the New Delhi embassy for the same since your case is already "Ready for processing". I would forward the email from ustraveldocs to the embassy and wait for a response. The US embassies are usually pretty fast with responses - CALL if they don't reply.

At this point, I would recommend getting the PCC since you don't need the appointment letter for that. The PCC can take a while.

Simultaneously, work on talking to the embassy and getting the appointment letter. Once you email the consulate and they respond, you can schedule your medical (you will need to show the e mail from the Mumbai consulate to be able to attend the Medical appointment). They will not send you anything, no packet 3 or 4, except a pretty standard response - which is enough for the Medicals.

P.S : This is not from experience. This is what I've gathered from all the research that I've been doing over the past few months. We're still waiting for our NVC case number.

All the best!

K1 timeline

NVC Left : April 24th 2015 (according to CEAC status tracker - https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx)

AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You are rightfully confused as was I (currently waiting on two things: schedule Medical exam date and scheduled Consulate appointment).

The response the agency gave you is Indeed for "IMMIGRANT" visa where you need DS-260, as shown here.

But Fiancee K-1 Visa is a "non-IMMIGRANT" visa but handled similar to an Immigrant visa and thus slightly different steps due to it's 'in-between' classification. For K-1, you need DS-160, not DS-260 as shown here.

(the reason it's in-between is the fiancee may come to the USA, not get married or have 90 days window expire, and have to return home as a non-immigrant unlike other immigrants who are classified as such upon entry/arrival into the USA).

The agency should have pointed you to something similar for the ND consulate as the Mumbai one has show here (if you want something with consulate letterhead confirming it is DS-160 not DS-260 you need)

Ok, what now?

A1 - fill out DS-160 which is available here (notice here is non-immigrant) and you will receive confirmation letter

A2 - as advised by other poster, get the PCC as you dont need appointment letter for it

A3 - You DO need appointment letter for Medical exam

What else can I do?

Go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in Create a user account

Pay the Visa fee (~Rs 17,000) following the instructions

Schedule your appointment which will require you to select your document pickup location.

good luck

Timeline

Hi Lazy,

Have you received anything from the Consulate yet?

Also, wouldn't the appointment letter have information about the petitioner and beneficiary?

I'm sorry - The more you read about K1 process in India, the more you're confused. :/

K1 timeline

AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Coincidentally enough, the fiancee received the package in the mail just today. Their website said it was shipped on April 9th, today is the 20th, so about 8 days from Mumbai to Hyd.

But as has been the case for me, you dont need to wait on it to do the steps mentioned earlier.

Timeline

Correct me if I'm wrong - but this is the order/ manner in which an interview is to be scheduled at MUM/NWD, right?

1. Apply for PCC
  2. Get Case number from NVC
  3. Track application - DHL.
  4. After it arrives at MUM/ NWD - petitioner emails the embassy for appointment letter (?).
  5. With appointment letter, schedule medicals
  6. Complete DS160 - pay fees - schedule VISA interview

I'm still confused on what the appointment letter would contain... Is this done before or after we pay the fees?

HELP!

Coincidentally enough, the fiancee received the package in the mail just today. Their website said it was shipped on April 9th, today is the 20th, so about 8 days from Mumbai to Hyd.

But as has been the case for me, you dont need to wait on it to do the steps mentioned earlier.

K1 timeline

AOS

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I am in the same situation here, NVC received the I129f case on May 08 and still we have not received the instruction letter in mail to book the interview.

My fiance and I have sent an Email to ustraveldocs on June 10 and still waiting for the reply.

Can anyone please help me ? Shall I just contact the embassy right away because the call center guys asked my fiancé to wait till the time he receives a letter in the mail and it has been more than 45 days.

Please advise.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to India Regional Forum~

~Instructions/requirements at this stage of the process can be embassy/consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I am in the same situation here, NVC received the I129f case on May 08 and still we have not received the instruction letter in mail to book the interview.

My fiance and I have sent an Email to ustraveldocs on June 10 and still waiting for the reply.

Can anyone please help me ? Shall I just contact the embassy right away because the call center guys asked my fiancé to wait till the time he receives a letter in the mail and it has been more than 45 days.

Please advise.

What does the CEAC status say?

K1 timeline

AOS

Timeline

As per ceac-:

Case creation date - may 4 2015,

Case updated date - June 4 2015

Still nothing in the mail, I called up the customer and they escalated the case to the embassy, I guess I just have to wait.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.