Toddandcamilla

USCIS to NVC

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hi all! We got our NOA2 approved 1st of April ( better not be an April fools) and it still just says " your case was approved we will send you a mail with further instructions".. Soo nothing yet and when do they actually send the case from Uscis to the nvc?? Anyone have experince with that? Thanks in advance guys!! Camilla

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My husband got the NOA2 letter from USCIS about a week after we got the email acceptance. That's also how long it took before USCIS even mailed our approved petition to NVC. Patience is really a virtue at this stage. ?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

Thank you guys! Yeah, its more of a dark hole this part of the process. No estimated time on when it all will happen. Just a lot of checking uscis and having to call those people at nvc at some point and hoping for an interview before they all go on a long nice summer vacation with our cases on their dusty desks right ;-) Thank you for replying guys!! Much appriciated!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

before they all go on a long nice summer vacation with our cases on their dusty desks.

We worry about that so much too. If all goes well at NVC, we should hear something mid-June, just in time for summer vacation. Dreading it. ?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Anywhere between 2 weeks, but closer to, 30 days.

(Mine took 3 weeks to arrive at NVC; several more days for case# to be assigned).

Give it about 3 weeks, then start calling NVC. Don't hold your breath for that "mail with further instructions"; may or may not come.

Many of us are in that same dark hole. Here's hoping for that light at the end of a tunnel optimism..held og lykke.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

We worry about that so much too. If all goes well at NVC, we should hear something mid-June, just in time for summer vacation. Dreading it. ?

i will send good karma and prayers that you all will be together with your loved ones soon! Hopefully you guys will make it just before summer vacation! Im hoping that for you guys!! Virtual hug from copenhagen. Soon its all over friends! Or at least we are with our loved ones and that gives us strenght to go through the rest of all this processing our lives with papers! Best of luck!:-)

Timeline

Anywhere between 2 weeks, but closer to, 30 days.

(Mine took 3 weeks to arrive at NVC; several more days for case# to be assigned).

Give it about 3 weeks, then start calling NVC. Don't hold your breath for that "mail with further instructions"; may or may not come.

Many of us are in that same dark hole. Here's hoping for that light at the end of a tunnel optimism..held og lykke.

thank you so much for your answer! It means a lot! Sometimes its only you guys in here who truly understand how its like to be apart from our love and same time have a total mind spin over not having any control over when our lives can begin. But one thing is for sure, it will happen, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen soon for all of us! :-) i will wait and then call uscis. Does the status of the uscis page change from approved at some point? To something like " sent to nvc" or down that road? Appriciate ur time and anwers! And the danish good luck :-))) awesome hehe!!

I've read of a handful members who posted seeing a change on the uscis page after approval. I'm yet to see an example.

However, the NOA2 hard copy says your case has been forwarded to nvc.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

thank you so much for your answer! It means a lot! Sometimes its only you guys in here who truly understand how its like to be apart from our love and same time have a total mind spin over not having any control over when our lives can begin. But one thing is for sure, it will happen, maybe not tomorrow but it will happen soon for all of us! :-) i will wait and then call uscis. Does the status of the uscis page change from approved at some point? To something like " sent to nvc" or down that road? Appriciate ur time and anwers! And the danish good luck :-))) awesome hehe!!

Some change some don't, mine changed on March 9th saying they have sent the case to NVC for visa processing. That was roughly two weeks from approval date of Feb 24th and then another week to get to NVC. Good luck!

Hi all! We got our NOA2 approved 1st of April ( better not be an April fools) and it still just says " your case was approved we will send you a mail with further instructions".. Soo nothing yet and when do they actually send the case from Uscis to the nvc?? Anyone have experince with that? Thanks in advance guys!! Camilla

I was in nebraska, they Aproved on february 27, send to nvc march 10, and nvc receive on march 16

Timeline

Thank you guys:) we just recieved our hardcopy yesterday, the 6th of april. Can i ask you all another question? So when i ask for the case number at NVC, can i go ahead and book medical and do the DS-160 form and schedule an interview. Even before its at the Embassy? Or will they not accept it since they havent gotten my case when i call the NVC in a weeks time. And which do you do first? Do you book medical first and then interview or the other way around? The xray clinic has a 4 week wait and so does the medical clinic. Two different ones. I have to shedule both at the medical and also call the xray clinic. They dont do that for me. But i dont wanna have an interview tooo late. I was informed that it takes 11 days for the medical to get my results back and then send them to the embassy afterwards. So if my interview is too early i wont make it in time. Since the medical office has 2-3 weeks wait for an appointment.. I think its hard tp make it go hand in hand. Without having to postphone the interview for months :-( waited 3 years to move back to y fiance and all my things at our place. Dont wanna wait more then i have too. Sorry for dumb questions. I just am stressing out a bt :-/ thank you guys! Hugs Camilla!!

So when i ask for the case number at NVC, can i go ahead and book medical and do the DS-160 form and schedule an interview. Even before its at the Embassy? Or will they not accept it since they havent gotten my case when i call the NVC in a weeks time. And which do you do first? Do you book medical first and then interview or the other way around?

We are at the NVC stage now, and I believe you have to get Case Complete there (at the NVC), get the new case number assigned, then you can book medical. You need this number for your medical papers as it goes on there. You will take your medical to your interview.

It depends on a country as to how the interview is being scheduled. Mostly the NVC schedules an interview after CC.

Edited by OLee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.