19 posts in this topic

Last update : after calling several times, the lady handling my case finally called me back and first question was " I see that you left notes for me to contact you. What is going on?" ( All sort of thoughts are going through my head at this point as: you'd think you know why I am calling since it has been several months now since I applied with no concrete feedback). Didn't say any f that and decided to play nice, so I calmly explained the situation and my questions. She asked me a couple of questions about my kid and I replied. How long has it been since you've seen her dad? Why? Are you sure? Then said well that matches her previous file ( she had a passport before he disappeared in thin air, he had signed a consent ), but not what you said in your written statement . She said she was going to issue the passport but discover some inconsistencies. I explained again ( read back my statement no inconsistency, the question she was asking what written down black and white, as I have a copy of it in my computer, dates she said didn't match match to the T). But again I decided that there was no need to fight , so I asked gently what did I need to do. She said write another statement explaining it exactly like you just told me and reapply and I will issue it

I told her no, I can't really again. It has been way pass the timeline that your agency gives, I provided everything you asked, followed up, and I really need it since I did all I could to apply as early as possible to have it in time for the trip. I asked for a fax number and she finally agreed. Drafted the letter and faxed it before the end of the day. Couldn't call her back to verify she had received it because the phone number she had called from would not allowed incoming calls. So all I could do was wait and pray for the best. A week later I got an email notifying me that they were done processing the application and 2 days later the passport was in the mail.

Thanks for all your help and I don't know how but I hope this can help someone in the same situation

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; you works are wonderful, I know that full well"~Ps 139: 14

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Congratulations bbutterfly !! :dance:

All your information has been helpful. Thank you for sharing your experience. God bless you!

My son and I are also waiting for his passport (similar situation, his father is in Mexico, not US citizen though).

:clock:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for the update!

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.