Toddandcamilla

vaccines, please help !

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

You'll have to take the XRay at the medical. That is one of the 'big ones' at the medical and has to be signed off by the embassy appointed doctor so you won't be able to get it done independently. The only thing you can do yourself while you wait is the vaccinations so focus on that in the meantime. Your case shouldn't take long to get to NVC, but I'm not sure with your embassy if the NVC holds onto your petition to assign an interview date, which means it stays there longer or whether it goes right out to the embassy and they appoint the interview date. For example, London Embassy only assigns interviews when they receive the medical results, so ours is likely to be sent out of NVC in the next few days.

Have a look at our signature to give you an idea of the time scales on this process. California Service Center is a bit slower at getting the petitions to NVC than Texas is, but it's by a matter of days or a week or two, typically not months.

Timeline

You'll have to take the XRay at the medical. That is one of the 'big ones' at the medical and has to be signed off by the embassy appointed doctor so you won't be able to get it done independently. The only thing you can do yourself while you wait is the vaccinations so focus on that in the meantime. Your case shouldn't take long to get to NVC, but I'm not sure with your embassy if the NVC holds onto your petition to assign an interview date, which means it stays there longer or whether it goes right out to the embassy and they appoint the interview date. For example, London Embassy only assigns interviews when they receive the medical results, so ours is likely to be sent out of NVC in the next few days.

Have a look at our signature to give you an idea of the time scales on this process. California Service Center is a bit slower at getting the petitions to NVC than Texas is, but it's by a matter of days or a week or two, typically not months.

. Yeah i dont know if the NVC holds on to it and assigns a interview date. Its been hard to find answers from others from sweden. So, the waiting time to get an xray will go away due to me scheduling a medical? Do i jump the line sort of speak cause i have a medical assigned? My worry was that since the xray clinic is a different place than my medical by the looks of the specific doctors office, was that i then had to wait a month to get an appointment for the xray cause the have a waiting time. But i jump that line cause i do this sort of medical? Thats why i was having doubts and thinking i might just book the time now eventho i dont have a medical appointment. :-) sooo much mind spin. Can only give a headache hehe. Again, im so glad this forum exists and kind people like you are helping!! THANK YOU :-))))) and BEST of luck further on! Im crossing my fingers for you both!!

Sorry if im difficult to understand hehe. I meant once im at my medical im scared they will say i will have to wait for the xray due to waiting time at the clinic. Do they take care of that as part of the package in medical?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I really don't know how it works. They all seem to have their own system.

Have you had a look at this? http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Sweden&cty=Stockholm

Perhaps if you are calling the doctor about the vaccines you can ask about the X ray too. Make a list of the questions you have before you call so that you can take a note of all the answers.

Thank you for your kind wishes. We wish you all the very best, too :)

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Timeline

I really don't know how it works. They all seem to have their own system.

Have you had a look at this? http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Sweden&cty=Stockholm

Perhaps if you are calling the doctor about the vaccines you can ask about the X ray too. Make a list of the questions you have before you call so that you can take a note of all the answers.

Thank you for your kind wishes. We wish you all the very best, too :)

thank you Wbeem! I appriciate you taking your time and helping me! :-) have a great week and hopefully you will be with your fiance soon!! :-)) Virtual hugs from denmark!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I havent gotten the Hep A or Hep B vaccine among a lot of other ones. Some require that its taken 2 times within 6 months.. will i be denied cause i can't take the second shot here in Denmark? i don't really wanna postpone interview etc just because of vaccines.. :( I cannot find any answers, i tried looking. Do any of you have any experience from your journey?

I need the flu shot i googled my way too as well.. if i want it or not :/ What did you guys do and what happened as your medical?

Thanks in advance guys!! Have a great Easter day!!

Camilla Denmark

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

The phone number for the panel physicians is listed on that page. It states to call them to get age specific requirements.

To do the AOS, you must have had all that are required for your age. The link to the table below is directly from the CDC .

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

Edited by tarzan31

Camilla, have you looked into doing your medical in malmö? I know it's a short train away if you're fairly close to the Copenhagen, and it'll save you time and money of going all the way up to Stockholm.

Mvh svensk tjej ;)

K-1 Journey: 309 days from received to POE (TSC)

[september 11, 2014] - I-129F received by USCIS

[september 15, 2014] - NOA1
[May 27, 2015] - NOA2
[July 9, 2015] - I N T E R V I E W! (APPROVED!)
[July 13, 2015] - Issued
[July 14, 2015] - Visa in hand
[July 16, 2015] - POE JFK

AOS Journey: 169 days from received to GC in hand (NSC)

Spoiler

[July 17, 2015] - Successfully applied for SSN

[July 18, 2015] - Sent out AOS package

[July 21, 2015] - Received

[July 24, 2015] - NOA1 (3x)

[August 18, 2015] - Biometrics

[september 19, 2015] - EAD/AP approval (63 days)

[september 24, 2015] - EAD/AP Received

[January 6, 2016] - Green Card approved without interview(166 days)

[January 12, 2016] - Received Green Card

ROC journey starts: October 2017

ROC Journey: 419 days (VSC)

[October 30, 2017] - Sent package

[November 3, 2017] - NOA1

[November 18, 2017] - Biometrics letter received

[December 5, 2017] - Biometrics

[December 18, 2018] - Card is being produced (no interview)

[December 22, 2018] - Received Green Card

Timeline

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/STK%20-%20Stockholm.pdf

The phone number for the panel physicians is listed on that page. It states to call them to get age specific requirements.

To do the AOS, you must have had all that are required for your age. The link to the table below is directly from the CDC .

http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

wow!! THANK YOU tarzan!! That document for the embassy doctors is awesome!! Thank you thank you so much for that!!!!! I will call them! Much much appriciated!!! Best of luck to you on your journey!!! :-)

Camilla, have you looked into doing your medical in malmö? I know it's a short train away if you're fairly close to the Copenhagen, and it'll save you time and money of going all the way up to Stockholm.

Mvh svensk tjej ;)

Hej Sandra! Luckily i dont have to take the medical in Stockholm, pheew!! :-)) we have one assigned in Copenhagen so thats at least something!! But THANK you so much for wanting to help! I appriciate that so much! :-)))) Virtual hug from copenhagen!

And good luck Sandra! Your Noa2 should be coming anytime soon now!! Beat wishes and beat of luck to all of you till you are with your fiance again!! :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.