Dakine10

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cakes

93 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Why don't you just tell me what to say? If someone assumes that giving human rights to gay people is PC nonsense then that IS ignorance. If you have a problem with gay people perhaps this is not the site for you. Things have changed in US immigration, whether you like it or not. The flow of gay people on this site is only going to increase. It's sad that you are unable to moderate these topics properly.

You can feel however you want about it. What you cannot do it attack other posters for how they feel about it. If another poster breaks VJ's TOS, report them and we will take care of it. If you wish to talk more about it, you will need to PM me. We do not discuss moderation in public threads.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can feel however you want about it. What you cannot do it attack other posters for how they feel about it. If another poster breaks VJ's TOS, report them and we will take care of it. If you wish to talk more about it, you will need to PM me. We do not discuss moderation in public threads.

Could you direct me to the section of the TOS that says that calling someone a homosexual is derogatory? I don't think that's moderation discussion if I'm asking about the TOS, but I can't find the part where my identity is considered an insult by the staff?

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Timeline

Could you direct me to the section of the TOS that says that calling someone a homosexual is derogatory? I don't think that's moderation discussion if I'm asking about the TOS, but I can't find the part where my identity is considered an insult by the staff?

I will address this with you offline.

Filed: Timeline

What a bunch of intolerant, deflecting bigots we have here....

If you want a direct answer to your quoted passages, you need to look at the context of the times they were written. We know that Leviticus was written at some point around 500 BC and that the letters in Romans were written it was in the late 50s AD.

Was homosexuality bad then? I would argue YES. In a society where woman had to rely on their husbands to survive, it was detrimental. In reality, gay marriage as we see it now has only been really functional for the common person through the women's rights movement of the early 20th century.

(One could argue, among men it could have always been possible - but then there is the argument of a gender marriage imbalance like you see in India or China).

1d35bdb6477b38fedf8f1ad2b4c743ea.jpg

and satan planted fossils to test our faith. he's a trip, huh. i'm smarter than you satan, can't fool me.

Damn Satan for inventing the science of carbon dating! Damn you, Satan!

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Damn Satan for inventing the science of carbon dating! Damn you, Satan!

i mean duh, if you don't want people to believe in god, bury the bones of unbelievable monsters in the ground. and the rest is history..

Timeline

And just a heads up so the rest of you guys understand what the violation is, referring to someone who is a homosexual as a homosexual is not a problem.

However, questioning another poster's sexuality would violate this section of TOS

last_post.png Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you want a direct answer to your quoted passages, you need to look at the context of the times they were written. We know that Leviticus was written at some point around 500 BC and that the letters in Romans were written it was in the late 50s AD.

Was homosexuality bad then? I would argue YES. In a society where woman had to rely on their husbands to survive, it was detrimental. In reality, gay marriage as we see it now has only been really functional for the common person through the women's rights movement of the early 20th century.

(One could argue, among men it could have always been possible - but then there is the argument of a gender marriage imbalance like you see in India or China).

I don't think anyone except religious extremists take leviticus seriously. It just isn't relevant to the present day in any way whatsoever.

And just a heads up so the rest of you guys understand what the violation is, referring to someone who is a homosexual as a homosexual is not a problem.

However, questioning another poster's sexuality would violate this section of TOS last_post.png Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Does this also include referring to things as gay where the intention of meaning is to suggest that something (a behaviour or an object, for example) is sub par? Edited by Venkman

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-baker-to-stop-making-wedding-cakes-after-losing-discrimination-case/

The owner of Masterpiece bakery, the bakery that lost a case in Colorado for not baking a wedding cake decided to comply with the law by not making any wedding cakes anymore for anyone. That way they do not have to face a charge of discrimination.

The owner apparently feels that by making the cake, he is part of the ceremony and thus is seen as condoning it. I'm picking up a cake for my sons's birthday later this week so I'm not sure if I should ask the baker if he plans to attend or if I should just keep quiet and hope for the best. If the pizza delivery guy and the baker both plan to attend, I'll need to buy more chairs. Then I'll have to invite the guy at Home Depot too. It could get expensive pretty quick.

Will you be checking the ID of the Home Depot guy? You know, to make sure they have legal authorization to be at the birthday party? ???

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

However, questioning another poster's sexuality would violate this section of TOS

last_post.png Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

Does it work for other reasons? If someone admits to being a bigot, can we then call him Mr. Bigothead.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

sounds kinky.

sounds like someone will be tested off line

Edited by The Nature Boy

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Will you be checking the ID of the Home Depot guy? You know, to make sure they have legal authorization to be at the birthday party? ???

Yes. Leviticus 19:33-34 .

If it doesn't work now, I'm sure, all things being equal, it will be added if and when they expand the religious freedom act.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

sounds like someone will be tested off line

i'm not gonna lie, i'm a little bit jealous. g&d never addresses me offline.

Timeline

Does it work for other reasons? If someone admits to being a bigot, can we then call him Mr. Bigothead.

Would the reason of you calling him that be designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users?