mpangels

Help with border crossing

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

i am a mexican citizen and live in mexicali b.c., mexico.

my wife went to the united states and got medi-cal and gave birth to my two children. they are u.s. born citizens and live here with me in mexico.

here is my question. i have a valid border crossing card, but have heard rumor that if i pass the border with my u.s. born children it would be taken away. is that true?

i have recently contacted the state of california to try and pay back medi-cal, but they told me the account was closed and NO money is due.

thank you for any in-put.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I really hope so.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hardly a charitable response sir and not a response relevant to the question.

I really hope so.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

What do you mean "IT" would be taken away? Do you mean the kids or the card? When you were in the USA were you Legal or Illegal? I say this because California gives out Medi-Cal to almost anybody Legal or Illegal no matter what. Why would you pay back Medi-Cal, did you get a letter saying that they need to be compensated for the children while they lived in the USA? I got a letter like that when my ex-wife filed for food stamps and medicaid for our children when she was already getting support and I had insurance for the kids.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

i am a mexican citizen and live in mexicali b.c., mexico.

my wife went to the united states and got medi-cal and gave birth to my two children. they are u.s. born citizens and live here with me in mexico.

here is my question. i have a valid border crossing card, but have heard rumor that if i pass the border with my u.s. born children it would be taken away. is that true?

i have recently contacted the state of california to try and pay back medi-cal, but they told me the account was closed and NO money is due.

thank you for any in-put.

No. Your border card will not be taken away.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Before we spend a lot of electrons beating up the OP, let's remember a few things:

1) The US as well as many other great countries grant citizenship to anyone born within its borders-- legal immigrants, tourists, undocumented folks, and so forth

2) If you were not a USC, and you had the chance for your kids to be US citizens I wager that every single person on this board would take advantage of that opportunity

3) Taking advantage of whatever benefits the government provides to legal immigrants, tourists, and undocumented folks-- US, CA, or whatever -- is not against the law

4) You may not agree with some facets of any law, but if it is legal, it is legal

Now to the OP -- he offered to repay MediCal -- certainly not something most folks would do. But let's get someone from CA to answer the question -- does MediCal provide benefits to undocumented folks or not. And to the OP -- was your wife legally in the country at the time.

As a matter of interest what other great countries offer anchor baby citizenship?

She came on a tourist visa and last I looked that does not include availing yourself of free medical care. There is a big business in birth tourism but you are supposed to pay your costs.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

As a matter of interest what other great countries offer anchor baby citizenship?

She came on a tourist visa and last I looked that does not include availing yourself of free medical care. There is a big business in birth tourism but you are supposed to pay your costs.

Another country affected by birth tourism to gain citizenship is Canada.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Before we spend a lot of electrons beating up the OP, let's remember a few things:

1) The US as well as many other great countries grant citizenship to anyone born within its borders-- legal immigrants, tourists, undocumented folks, and so forth

2) If you were not a USC, and you had the chance for your kids to be US citizens I wager that every single person on this board would take advantage of that opportunity

3) Taking advantage of whatever benefits the government provides to legal immigrants, tourists, and undocumented folks-- US, CA, or whatever -- is not against the law

4) You may not agree with some facets of any law, but if it is legal, it is legal

Now to the OP -- he offered to repay MediCal -- certainly not something most folks would do. But let's get someone from CA to answer the question -- does MediCal provide benefits to undocumented folks or not. And to the OP -- was your wife legally in the country at the time.

If you would have read any part of my post above then you would see that I am in California and clearly stating that they will give Medi-Cal to Illegals. I know it was not stated clearly but it was implied. This is a known fact here in California that Illegals have it way better here than people like me who work, pay taxes, and still have to pay for ROC for my wife. No, not mad about paying for it, it just makes me mad that we pay the fees and still get treated like ####### from Immigration.

They just had big raids across Orange and Los Angeles Counties because of that. Primarily because of Chinese women paying thousands of dollars to come here and stay in "Birth Hotels". When they were getting ready to have the baby the facilitators would then take them to primarily one hospital in the OC (Orange County). The women would have the baby andfly home to China with the baby and the baby's dual citizenship. All the while saying to the hospital that they were indigent and couldn't afford to pay the hospital bill. So the hospital would then bill the Federal and State Governments for those costs.

This has been happening for years in the SGV (San Gabriel Valley) due to it being a hub for primarily Chinese speaking immigrants

Edited by cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.