The Nature Boy

Georgia teen who got donated heart dies in crime spree: cops

68 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/local-news/steve-jobs-liver-transplant-memphis

Interesting story of how Steve Jobs got his transplant. Jobs had an (incurable) pancreatic tumor which spread to his liver. He used a technique called multiple listing to get a liver transplant in Memphis. The transplant extended his life for 2.5 years, however he eventually died from complications of the pancreatic cancer.

Very controversial in that he still had incurable cancer even after the liver transplant. Most people would not have got this liver transplant. And yes - someone else on the waiting likely died because of this.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Wales
Timeline

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/local-news/steve-jobs-liver-transplant-memphis

Interesting story of how Steve Jobs got his transplant. Jobs had an (incurable) pancreatic tumor which spread to his liver. He used a technique called multiple listing to get a liver transplant in Memphis. The transplant extended his life for 2.5 years, however he eventually died from complications of the pancreatic cancer.

Very controversial in that he still had incurable cancer even after the liver transplant. Most people would not have got this liver transplant. And yes - someone else on the waiting likely died because of this.

If you've got enough money, you can buy anything!

View my K1 -> ROC Timeline

*Filed I-129F - 21st October 2011* *Applied for SSN - 8th June 2012* *Filed I-751 (arrived) - 26th March 2015

*NOA1 - 28th October 2011* *Filed for AOS, EAD & AP - 26th June 2012* * Check cashed - 30th March 2015
*NOA2 (no RFE) - 26th January 2012* *AOS, EAD, & AP arrive at Chicago Lockbox - 28th June 2012* NOA1 - 26th March 2015 (arrived 3/4/15)

*Packet 3 sent - 27th February 2012* *Email notification of receipt - 3rd July 2012* *No biometrics letter - Service Request submitted 5/4/15
*Medical - February 28th 2012* *Check cashed - 7th July 2012* *Still no biometrics letter - 2nd Service Request submitted - 8/6/15
*Packet 4 received - 17th March 2012* *NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP - 9th July 2012* *Biometrics in Aurora, CO - 8th July 2015*
*Interview in London - 5th April 2012. APPROVED!!!* *Biometrics in Philadelphia (Drummond Road)- 7th August 2012*
*POE Newark, NJ - 16th May 2012 *Biometrics walk in at Philadelphia (Drummond Rd) - 25th July 2012*
*K1 process took 160 days* *Case Transfered to California Service Centre - 26th July 2012*
*SSN DENIED! - 17th August. 10 weeks after I applied!!*

*EAD/AP Approved - 28th August 2012* 59 days
*Married! - 1st June 2012* *EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
*EAD/AP card in hand - 1st September 2012*
* Re-applied for SSN - 14th September 2012*
*Put in service request at 8mo/3days wait - 19th March 2013*

* AOS Approved!!! - 1st May 2013* Exactly 10 months after applying.

*Green card in hand - 6th May 2013

2yrdn5s0q.png

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep. Not much thought or analysis or into that. Certainly not when compared to a black tearaway.

Timeline

Yep. Not much thought or analysis or into that. Certainly not when compared to a black tearaway.

I do think one of the criteria for transplants is the potential benefit you would get from it. In general, All things being equal, I would rather see a young person get a second chance than a person who has made a lifetime of bad choices. This young man made bad choices and wasted his second chance. A broader analysis would show that he is not alone.

In Job's case, I'm not saying he bought his way to the top, but he did use his trememdous resources to go to the place that had the smallest waiting list. If he stayed in California, he would not have got a transplant because he would never have reached the point of being considered.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Iv'e asked 3 times now. He's got nothing.

It clearly says on page 1 post 1, he was denied because he did not follow doctors orders. I do not know how posting another link to the same story is going to cure your inability to absorb facts

Timeline

It clearly says on page 1 post 1, he was denied because he did not follow doctors orders. I do not know how posting another link to the same story is going to cure your inability to absorb facts

And it clearly says decision was unfounded and sparked outraged that prompted them to reverse the decision.

You said he was not compliant with taking medications after the transplant. You still haven't provided the basis for that statement.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I do think one of the criteria for transplants is the potential benefit you would get from it. In general, All things being equal, I would rather see a young person get a second chance than a person who has made a lifetime of bad choices. This young man made bad choices and wasted his second chance. A broader analysis would show that he is not alone.

In Job's case, I'm not saying he bought his way to the top, but he did use his trememdous resources to go to the place that had the smallest waiting list. If he stayed in California, he would not have got a transplant because he would never have reached the point of being considered.

Effectively he did buy his way to the top. The man could afford it so I guess why not, but I do wonder if all of those organs come from the same pool - or if there is a separate one for people of means, while the people at the bottom of the pile are quietly passing away.

Timeline

Effectively he did buy his way to the top. The man could afford it so I guess why not, but I do wonder if all of those organs come from the same pool - or if there is a separate one for people of means, while the people at the bottom of the pile are quietly passing away.

It's separated by region, so if you go somewhere with fewer people on the list, the chances of getting a transplant increase. Even if you don't meet all the criteria.

QCjgyJZ.jpg