zahra143

paid my visa fee 4 month ago but yesterday got a letter from nvc that fees been rejected.

26 posts in this topic

hi everyone. ...I paid all required fees along with all the financial supporting document about four month ago.I received my first checklist on 11 February just asking me to fill up ds261. I done this same day. Nw I got my second checklist last week by instructing still need to pay my visa fees.that's when I found out that money has not been deducted from my bank, so I did that again straight away..called nvc yesterday they told to fill up ds261 which I already filled twice. .can somebody tell me do I hav to fill it again for third time or Just wait...and how long more it will take now to review and schedule my interview date? Thank you.

Just as a note, pay all fees from a US bank account using IE (internet explorer). Using another web browser can cause the fees to be rejected. Pay attention to your bank account to when the fee is removed.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

thank you for your kind reply. Last time we paid by check may this is why it has been rejected. But this time we paid online and status showed its paid.we called nvc last week and they confirmed that they received the money and asked to fill ds261 again....I will do it tomorrow. Now how long it could take more to scheduled a interview date after they received ds261. Its already nearly 5 months now my file at nvc. Thank u.

thank you for your kind reply. Last time we paid by check may this is why it has been rejected. But this time we paid online and status showed its paid.we called nvc last week and they confirmed that they received the money and asked to fill ds261 again....I will do it tomorrow. Now how long it could take more to scheduled a interview date after they received ds261. Its already nearly 5 months now my file at nvc. Thank u.

You have to send in the civil and AOS documents, they take about 60 days to review. and you have to do the DS-260 which is the visa application. So you have at least 2-3 months until a case complete provided there are no mistakes on your I-864.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

You couldn't have submitted the DS-260 without the DS-261 and the IV fee being paid. It's impossible.

NLR, I think the confusing part is 260 doesn't say that 261 must be submitted in travel.state.... site. It does say that you need proof of payments but didn't see 260 in my brief search. This is how sites like this turns out helpful...

It says you need the visa application. That ia the DS-260.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/contact.html

Step 3.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.