Ilovemyman

Second interview after long ap

41 posts in this topic

On april 1, i had my second interview after a year in ap.

That was very terrible and made me feel so depressed and sad.

First thing the consulate tolked to me like if i were a terrible criminal ( i am math teacher and never i havent been arrested)

The co said that i had 2 arrested , and that she needed all the truth about that.

I told her that never i havent been arrested, then she said i was lying.

I told her: no i am no lying.

Then she gave me a paper she wanted that i wrote all my crimes, i told her i cant write nothing, i havent done nothing.

Then she was really very angry and mad at me, and told me you never will ebter to usa if you dont tell the crimes you have done.

I told her, well do whatever you want, i am no going to tell you that i am a criminal, because i am no.

Then she sais this is the last oportunity, i told her i cant tell that i am a criminal.

If you want cancel the case, because i am no a criminal.

Then she was speaking laud, and telling me that i know very well what i did.

I askwd her: just tell me what i did?

She said that isnt my job tell you your crime.

Then she said again you arent going to enter to usa never if you dont tell the truth.

I said : i am no a criminal.

Then she said: well the case continue in ap, if you dont want tell the truth we are going to investigate .

NOTE:

They have my papers that show that never i havent had problem, i sent them all police papers and certificate that proof that i dobt have any issue.

She gave me a paper saying that my case is in ap.

I told her cancel it, because i am no going continue with this case, i am no a criminal.

And i am no going to tell you that i am a criminal only because you want it.

End of the interview.

She made me feel terrible, she talked to me in a abusive way and incriminant.

I hope that nobody go through this never.

I am so frustrated, but God is powerfull and one day he will help me, i know that

Contact your senator and explain what happened. If you have the police certificate, I have no idea what else you can give to prove you never committed a crime. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It sounds like someone with the same name may not be a nice person. Get your congress person involved and see if there is anything you can do locally. Is there a way to see if someone ahs been pretending to be you to avoid their crimes.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

seriously i feel this is nightmare.i am sure about one things if they really know you did something they will deny you.I cant pretend with they have but like some said you need get involved your congressman .i have read topic on here some went trought same story believe then he made his congressman involved plus the proof that show he is inocent and never had any probleme or get aressted later they ask him come get your visa. Good Luck i'm so sorry heard that be strong .Like provereb here in Morocco the meaning in english say " if you are sure you did not do anything wrong so never worry "

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

I'm really sorry, friend, I feel really sad for you, I think it might be someone is using your name and that's why they are accusing you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

On april 1, i had my second interview after a year in ap.

That was very terrible and made me feel so depressed and sad.

First thing the consulate tolked to me like if i were a terrible criminal ( i am math teacher and never i havent been arrested)

The co said that i had 2 arrested , and that she needed all the truth about that.

I told her that never i havent been arrested, then she said i was lying.

I told her: no i am no lying.

Then she gave me a paper she wanted that i wrote all my crimes, i told her i cant write nothing, i havent done nothing.

Then she was really very angry and mad at me, and told me you never will ebter to usa if you dont tell the crimes you have done.

I told her, well do whatever you want, i am no going to tell you that i am a criminal, because i am no.

Then she sais this is the last oportunity, i told her i cant tell that i am a criminal.

If you want cancel the case, because i am no a criminal.

Then she was speaking laud, and telling me that i know very well what i did.

I askwd her: just tell me what i did?

She said that isnt my job tell you your crime.

Then she said again you arent going to enter to usa never if you dont tell the truth.

I said : i am no a criminal.

Then she said: well the case continue in ap, if you dont want tell the truth we are going to investigate .

NOTE:

They have my papers that show that never i havent had problem, i sent them all police papers and certificate that proof that i dobt have any issue.

She gave me a paper saying that my case is in ap.

I told her cancel it, because i am no going continue with this case, i am no a criminal.

And i am no going to tell you that i am a criminal only because you want it.

End of the interview.

She made me feel terrible, she talked to me in a abusive way and incriminant.

I hope that nobody go through this never.

I am so frustrated, but God is powerfull and one day he will help me, i know that

I am very sorry to hear that. What remains is for your petitioner to contact a senator immediately and file a complaint.

Either there was a mix up with your name or the CO is on a 007 power/ego trip.

I would also have the petitioner contact the chief consul at the embassy, email, phone call, in person, whatever works.

I hope by you saying "cancel it" she did not take you literally and canceled your application.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The petitioner should speak with the Section Chief of the Immigrant Visa Unit at the consulate as a priority. The consuls are "human lie-detectors," but how you were treated is unconscionable.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I gave her a letter saying that i want that she cancel the patition, and she took the letter but she said is only the petitioner who can cancel it.

I said then well the petition will be close alone bevause i am no going to continue with the case.

I am very sorry to hear that. What remains is for your petitioner to contact a senator immediately and file a complaint.

Either there was a mix up with your name or the CO is on a 007 power/ego trip.

I would also have the petitioner contact the chief consul at the embassy, email, phone call, in person, whatever works.

I hope by you saying "cancel it" she did not take you literally and canceled your application.

The senator office is involved, thanks to the senator office i had the second interview.

Contact your senator and explain what happened. If you have the police certificate, I have no idea what else you can give to prove you never committed a crime. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sometimes they act like this to get you confused so you will admit to something. You should have remained calm at all times and continued to tell her you didn't do any crimes. My husband was interviewed by 3 men at the same time and they were yelling at him calling him a lie and saying he only married me to get a visa. Through it all he remained calm because he knew they sometimes try to trick you...he knew this because i read visa journey everyday and have learned their tricks.

It is not too late to clear this up. The petitioner needs to contact the congressman right away and explain what happened. Every detail needs to be told to the congressman. The congressman's aide will do whatever the petitioner suggests. My husband got his visa and I believe you will get yours too if you put aside your pride and remember why you went after the visa in the first place.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I do agree with MRS carolyn completly .Like i told you too if you are so sure you never did anything why you give up like this .you have proof you didnt commit any crimes in your past its their turn prove you lie of course ,if they have anything against you they will inform your congressman then your congressman will say sorry i cant defend and help you.Dont give up if you are inoccent dont give and dont give up the person you love. good luck

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

So they have had you in AP for over a year now and still are investigating your "criminal" background history? That's obsurd! I am very sorry you had this experience because I know how much you were looking forward to this second interview. I think your fiancé needs to fly down to DR and pay the embassy a visit and get some answers. If they really believed you were a criminal would they not have told this to your congressman when he inquired for you? Praying for you and hoping this will be resolved very soon.

You are such a big help here on VJ and you deserve a happy ending!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

I gave her a letter saying that i want that she cancel the patition, and she took the letter but she said is only the petitioner who can cancel it.

I said then well the petition will be close alone bevause i am no going to continue with the case.

Only the petitioner can close the petition but the beneficiary can definitely close or withdraw his application.

But why ? Some hurdles on the road shouldn't stop you from being with the one you love. I understand because it took us 5 years to come

together and a lot of obstacles, a rude CO also. But we persevered and are together now.

Contacting the senator again with detailed narration of what happened should get you some results.

They need to have PROOF of the reason for refusal and hopefully the senator's liason will go after the CO to provide it and if she can't then

you would be approved. You are too close to quit now.

It comes down to how bad do you want this ?

Your petitioner can also file a FOIA for detailed consular notes.

Edited by Ebunoluwa
Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.