lostinblue

Indiana pizzeria closes after threats

297 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

It's saying more than that - it's saying that people who object to discrimination against gays in the USA don't have an issue with gays being thrown from rooftops by ISIS. The implication being, that alleged conservatives are not conflicted on the issue at all and that this is a reason to not vote for Hillary Clinton. Quite what Hillary has to do with either situation remains to be explained. Of course, it won't be.

You have to wonder what thought process is going on behind that - it's crass and spectacularly dishonest.

I agree. I was purposely trying to leave the political aspect out of it. Even without politics, the logic behind the message is flawed.

I rather we just start posting "My dad is bigger than your dad - I win". Similar logic, but at least I would know it's a joke.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

We all do, however the American Taliban will stop at nothing until they convince you that since it's much worse somewhere else we must abide by their extremism and accept bigotry and prejudice. Consider the source too...

I personally have higher expectations of America than of ISIS. I don't see the logic of when something bad happens here, we say "Oh well, look what ISIS does. things could be worse".

Lets act like the land of the free and home of the brave instead of just singing about it. I haven't seen anyone here supporting ISIS. I have seen people here supporting discrimination in America. A picture and slogan doesn't change that.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We all do, however the American Taliban will stop at nothing until they convince you that since it's much worse somewhere else we must abide by their extremism and accept bigotry and prejudice. Consider the source too...

One of the moderation team? ;-)

Timeline

Fair enough... Most of the time I'm not being serious. My humor is drier than that of most and I oftentimes forget that.

Your avatar dog in your profile is always winking. I'm never sure when you're serious or not.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Actually I don;t have an issue with a mod acting as a troll. There seems to be levels of moderators.It's not the caption that bothers me so much that a supposed peer of this community would have posted such an obscene image. I believe we'll need to get Ewok's input on this one. It's his house after all.

Horrified by the fact this came from a moderator, but utterly unsurprised. This is an image entirely designed to paint liberals as supporting violent acts and that kind of slander shouldn't be coming from moderators if the site is to have ANY illusion of unbiased moderation.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** One image post and those quoting removed. While it looks like a staged/ bungee jumping image, we cannot be certain and so to avoid upset, the image has been removed. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

**** One image post and those quoting removed. While it looks like a staged/ bungee jumping image, we cannot be certain and so to avoid upset, the image has been removed. *****

It wasn't staged, the image was actually of a man who was thrown to his death by ISIS. It is one of a number of photos that featured in a recent news story in the mainstream press.

Actually I don;t have an issue with a mod acting as a troll. There seems to be levels of moderators.It's not the caption that bothers me so much that a supposed peer of this community would have posted such an obscene image. I believe we'll need to get Ewok's input on this one. It's his house after all.

Posting obscene content is quite clearly against the TOS.

Edited by Venkman