SumanLama

No K1 visa class in USAtraveldocs.com

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi guys,

My fiancee got approved and was told to go to ustraveldocs.com and follow the step.in the given list.

It tells you to go to set new appointment and choose visa class howevere there is no K1 visa class. Anyone has anyidea what to do?

We are doing this so she can set the place to pick up her visa.

You can see there is no option. I tried to link the pic but for some reason we can't link it so please follow the link below

Thank you

http://imgur.com/rD37yMZ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

What we did for my fiancé was to select one of the married classes and register that way. The USTRAVELDOCS.COM people don't know and it really honestly seems like they don't care. I spent a week talking to my congressman about having the embassies pressure them into putting the k1 on there. But don't waste your breath asking the USTraveldocs.com support what to do. Good luck!

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline

What we did for my fiancé was to select one of the married classes and register that way. The USTRAVELDOCS.COM people don't know and it really honestly seems like they don't care. I spent a week talking to my congressman about having the embassies pressure them into putting the k1 on there. But don't waste your breath asking the USTraveldocs.com support what to do. Good luck!

Yeah I called them few days ago and they sent me so generic answer on email which didn't help at all. I have called them again today. Hoping they will fix it. However, if I select married class will it not create a problem? Thank you for helping me out,

Hi guys,

My fiancee got approved and was told to go to ustraveldocs.com and follow the step.in the given list.

It tells you to go to set new appointment and choose visa class howevere there is no K1 visa class. Anyone has anyidea what to do?

We are doing this so she can set the place to pick up her visa.

You can see there is no option. I tried to link the pic but for some reason we can't link it so please follow the link below

Thank you

Did you choose Immigration Visa? Under USTRAVELDOCS K-1 is listed under immigration visa even though it's non-immigrant. Hope that helps!

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Timeline

When we did it, the k1 wasn't listed anywhere on the site. And no it doesn't mess it up. But if it's under the immigrant side, then definitely use that.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Timeline

Did you choose Immigration Visa? Under USTRAVELDOCS K-1 is listed under immigration visa even though it's non-immigrant. Hope that helps!

Yeah, we chose the immigration visa. If you look at the link I have it is all the visa under immigration visa. So I have no idea what to do :(

Here is the screen shot

When we did it, the k1 wasn't listed anywhere on the site. And no it doesn't mess it up. But if it's under the immigrant side, then definitely use that.

K-1 is not listed anywhere on the site for me. I checked immigrant side as well JR. No option in either Immigrant or non immigrant

Edited by SumanLama

Timeline

I pm'd you the conversation that I had with another member while going through the process. There were four of us at the time having the same issue in Haiti. All of us used a different immigrant visa type and picked it up without any issues. Though we were all very concerned that it wouldn't work.

Timeline

I pm'd you the conversation that I had with another member while going through the process. There were four of us at the time having the same issue in Haiti. All of us used a different immigrant visa type and picked it up without any issues. Though we were all very concerned that it wouldn't work.

Thank you JR. I appreciate your help. I guess I will wait for 2 days and follow your route.

Thanks once again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.