Deepujhajj

FNU BEFORE NAME

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys i hv a another question the letters i am recieving from nvc

There FNU FRONT OF MY NAME is that mean first name unknown

Will it effect on my visa do i need to change anything or it will be fine with visa processing is it fine for future if anything wrong pls tell me

Visa type CR1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys i hv a another question the letters i am recieving from nvc

There FNU FRONT OF MY NAME is that mean first name unknown

Will it effect on my visa do i need to change anything or it will be fine with visa processing is it fine for future if anything wrong pls tell me

Visa type CR1

Yes you are rt.. its first name unknown. .

for getting visa I don't know if there is an issue but after you get into US u will find probs in obtaining SSN as far as my knowledge.

Your passport doesn't have your surname?

Timeline

Yes you are rt.. its first name unknown. .

for getting visa I don't know if there is an issue but after you get into US u will find probs in obtaining SSN as far as my knowledge.

Your passport doesn't have your surname?

In my passport hv given name or full name may be they write only coz i dont hv sur name in passport

Are u really sure i will face problems with social security number

Timeline

In my passport hv given name or full name may be they write only coz i dont hv sur name in passport

Are u really sure i will face problems with social security number

Yes I'am quit sure about it. if you want you can google it and find out what other probs ypu might find. Bcoz in US your first name is very important. And without SSN you won't be able to get evn a driver's license.

Plz be prepared to solve the issue after reaching there.

How much time you have left for interview?

Timeline

Yes I'am quit sure about it. if you want you can google it and find out what other probs ypu might find. Bcoz in US your first name is very important. And without SSN you won't be able to get evn a driver's license.

Plz be prepared to solve the issue after reaching there.

How much time you have left for interview?

I got cc on 27th march waiting for interview letter

Timeline

Do you know how long it will take in us to solve this issue coz without ssn i cant do anything

I think following link will have all your answers.

https://binil.wordpress.com/2007/09/17/the-curse-of-the-fnu/

Timeline

I think following link will have all your answers.

https://binil.wordpress.com/2007/09/17/the-curse-of-the-fnu/

Hey bro i read on internet someone saying that i can req them on the day of interview by showing my names proofs that it was a mistake on passport

Or i can do one more thing i can make an affidavit stating my first nd last name is will it help any information on this

Thank you so much

Timeline

Hey bro i read on internet someone saying that i can req them on the day of interview by showing my names proofs that it was a mistake on passport

Or i can do one more thing i can make an affidavit stating my first nd last name is will it help any information on this

Thank you so much

Hey it may help.

Even I have made an affidavit as my name in passport and other documents is little different.

Yes go on with this...good luck!

Timeline

Hey it may help.

Even I have made an affidavit as my name in passport and other documents is little different.

Problem sort out by calling nvc they said make a new passport nd take new passport to embassy on the day of interview along with old passports nd i dont even need to send new passports photo copy to nvc thank god problem sort out

Edited by Deepujhajj

Timeline

Hey it may help.

Problem sort out by calling nvc they said make a new passport nd take new passport to embassy on the day of interview along with old passports nd i dont even need to send new passports photo copy to nvc thank god problem sort out

I know you can make a new passport. . Corrected one but do you think you have that much time to do so.

In India your passport will get in 20 days as they say but mine took 5 months...tthats awesome rt.

Well take someones advice on before going as your interview is very close.

Timeline

ame="Deepujhajj" post="7555307" timestamp="1428018311"]

Time is changed now bro last year i got in 3 days after apply

In punjab india is faster now

I know you can make a new passport. . Corrected one but do you think you have that much time to do so.

In India your passport will get in 20 days as they say but mine took 5 months...tthats awesome rt.

Well take someones advice on before going as your interview is very close.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.