duvalin

DS260 help with address for petitioner, please!

96 posts in this topic

Omg. I swear sometimes... Governments everywhere need 2x4s to the head to knock sense into them. You'd think the most intelligent people would get to work for them... but apparently we're stuck working for Target instead? LOL

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

you should definitely look into this job!!! For sure. But none the less, they are so nice though when you call.

When we called last night (I called first and then had my spouse join the phone-call from Michigan immediately after the lady answered, I asked her for permission) so NVC said; everyone is been taking care, lawyer off our case, the agent is the petioner, and that my email still on file. The explanation was, that only my spouse got the email, because the email was notifying him as the new agent. (they even emailed his job email!) *still didn't explained what the actual email said, that our lawyer has been assigned as the new agent... but in their computer screens they said everything looks good.

Oh and they also said, that there are different types of emails sent out, and that critical emails such as the interview, is sent out to all parties in the file.

In the letter we received (CC) it says no to make travel plans for me the applicant, I might, and this is just a maybe, have to go in a business trip for two months to Europe this summer. Would this interfere in the process? I know, I have to make plans to return for my interview for sure, while I am away, but other than that, please let me know your thoughts!

I so wish we get an interview for June, that would be so so great! I check my email so often now, that anything it comes in, I run as fast as I can to my computer... am I going crazy? :no:

Thank you NLR! have a great day!

I would not make any travel plans for outside of Canada until after you interview and get the visa back. The interview can take a month or can be as little as a few weeks. The medical must take place then too. There is just too much planning etc taking place at that time. Remember you normally have 6 months before the visa validity runs out and once you enter the USA you can leave right away too if you want a vacation.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I would like to book the medicals, now that I know the date in Toronto. The lady, at the phone in NVC was so nice, and she was so eager to give me the good news!.. and then she said, that I should be receiving a package #4 shortly, and to call back if I don't get the email within a week. Should I book the medicals now? or wait for the Package #4?

Timeline

Thank you NLR!! I have my meds next week!!... One little thing, my husband just texted me, and said that he got the interview letter in the mail?!! even though we are EP! It was sent out on June 4th! Still no email from them, have your heard of such thing?

Edited by duvalin

Did you guys get regular emails from them saying they had accepted your docs or to pay bills?

Timeline

Yes to docs; we got emails when they received them, and since we had a lawyer initially he received the letter saying that we had to pay the bills! I can't tell for sure whether he got it via mail or email though

Hmm dunno then. Weird but thats your p4 He can scan it and email it to ya tho.

Timeline

oh my, NVC just called me on my phone! while I was about to write a reply to you: they wanted to let me know about my interview date, time, and gave a phone number to call to register my interview! And that they will be sending out my confirmation out soon!... I have to say, I freaked out a little.

Lol wow. Look at you with the personal service! Lol ;)

Just did my biometrics for ROC today. People should avoid ROC as much as humanly possible. Im avoiding the 3 year citizenship like the plague.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.