duvalin

DS260 help with address for petitioner, please!

96 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent all in one email. I checked after, and it says the email was 14.5 Megabytes in total, but yes each attachment was way under 5MB...

Edited by duvalin

Timeline

NLR: I just got an email from NVC!!! And it says:

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Centre (NVC) received your inquiry regarding the immigration visa petition: MTL00000001 file by: My spouse on behalf of Me.

This case is now enrolled in the Electronic Processing Program.

The additional email address submitted with the enrolment email were added to our records.

Please not that all forms and documents that we requested and require in the future must be scanned copies of the originals. The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the consular officer at their visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

As this case is processing electronically, all forms and documents most be sent via email as scanned attachments to NVC....gov. Sending physical documents to the NVC will delay the processing of your case.

Case Number: MTL00000001

Petitioner's Name: Spouse

Principal Applicant's name: Me

Preference Catergory: IR1

Your Priority Date: 05March2014

Foreign State Changeability : The Country I was born!

Invoice ID Number: 11100000

U.S. Consulate General

1155 Rue St. Alexandre

Montreal, QC

Name

NVC

This email is sensitive .......

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am wondering two things NLR, one, they used the Foreign State Chargeability as the country I was born (Honduras) but the biometric page I submitted was from my Canadian Passport, as my Honduras passport is expired. I am wondering, whether I need a new Honduras passport? My Canadian passport is expiring in Summer 2016.

Then I google what the Foreign State Chargeability is, and I found this on the USCI website:

The independent country to which an immigrant entering under the preference system is accredited. No more than 7 percent of the family-sponsored and employment-based visas may be issued to natives of any one independent country in a fiscal year. No one dependency of any independent country may receive more than 2 percent of the family-sponsored and employment-based visas issued. Since these limits are based on visa issuance rather than entries into the United States, and immigrant visas are valid for 6 months, there is not total correspondence between these two occurrences. Chargeability is usually determined by country of birth. Exceptions are made to prevent the separation of family members when the limitation for the country of birth has been met.

Since I am a naturalized Canadian, would my visa be delayed because I was born in Honduras?

Edited by duvalin

YAY for the official email!! (When I went through the process we had to OPTIN to the email before we could send them. LOL)

They may do more background checks. When did you move to Canada?

If you were over 16 years old, did you get a police certificate from Honduras?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

oh god, I have been checking our status online so much. Obsessively, I can't help it. Today, I see something different, it may not be a big deal, BUT, before it said in the Affidavit of Support: PAID. But now it says: N/A although you can't click anymore. NLR, do you know what this means? My hands are cold as I type this :o(F)

Edited by duvalin

Timeline

Oh my! I just got off the phone (57 min on hold!). AND, she said: "it looks like your case was completed yesterday" I can't believe it!!! I am so happy, thank you so much NLR for being a light throughout the process! :idea: At then at the end, she said told me that they will send a confirmation email, and our case now is being put in line for the next available interview. I asked if she knew when that would be like, but she didn't know.

Timeline

Hi! Maybe we celebrate too soon :( I got an email from NVC attorney, with a subject line CHECKLIST COVER LETTER (CC)

In one page a note for the applicant: indicating, that I am missing information about my affidavit of support - Financial information on the form or documents. Stating also that our case is on hold until we send this documents.

I scroll down bellow and then in the other page a note for my spouse:

And they said is missing information or the affidavit of support form was incomplete or both. But it says not to contact the NVC at this time and to give the missing documents to me the applicant, to take to the interview... And the item missing is the W-2 form from 2014.

Even though I checked the email I sent and its there!!! What should I do? Re send it? Call them? Maybe you know what to do, thank you NRL.

Timeline

6:26 AM the email from NVC saying that our case is completed!!! So confusing specially with the email we just got yesterday! But we figured it was just technical instructions that were not too clear for us. Whew! anyways, back to celebrating case completed! :) :) :)

Edited by duvalin

Timeline

thank you!! oh my, we just got another email and it was about removing our lawyer, remember we sent an email about it a while back?... but instead they removed my email! and sent it to my spouse only!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.