Mrs. DK

Approved/denied right after the interview?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

We are now waiting for an interview schedule (cr-1), and I've heard that you will get an answer whether your visa is approved or denied right after the interview. Is this true? Would like to hear anyone else's experience!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. I don't use this site very often and I'm still not sure if I'm using is right. Please no sarcastic comments, just want to hear other's experiences right after the interview. Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are now waiting for an interview schedule (cr-1), and I've heard that you will get an answer whether your visa is approved or denied right after the interview. Is this true? Would like to hear anyone else's experience!

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum. I don't use this site very often and I'm still not sure if I'm using is right. Please no sarcastic comments, just want to hear other's experiences right after the interview. Thanks!

Any response you get may not be an example of what happens in your case because they are all unique. If your case has been presented correctly the interview should be easy and quick. My embassy said they needed 3 days to insert the visa. There are cases that are put in A P which can then take days, weeks or months to be approved or denied.

I hope your post is in the right forum so you will get info from Japanese based cases.

Timeline

Any response you get may not be an example of what happens in your case because they are all unique. If your case has been presented correctly the interview should be easy and quick. My embassy said they needed 3 days to insert the visa. There are cases that are put in A P which can then take days, weeks or months to be approved or denied.

I hope your post is in the right forum so you will get info from Japanese based cases.

Yeah, I expected that, but was hoping to hear what most have experienced. And yes, my interview will be in Tokyo Japan, so I do hope to get some response from those who had their interview in Tokyo as well, but I'd love to hear experiences from anyone/anywhere! Edited by Mrs. DK

Timeline

What does AP means? We've gone this far, but we are not very familiar with certain abbreviations or names since we don't get on this site or other website except Nvc and uscis.

Our interview was in Bangkok and the officer told my wife that we should hear from them in 2-3 weeks and that she will be keeping my wifes pasport. She did not say approved or not, so I emailed the embassy the next day and they told me that it was approved and to wait to hear from them. My wife says that 3 of her friends with recent interviews were told the same thing, no specific answer, but all were approved.

July 2013 Met online

Sept 2013 Met in person

Nov 2014 Engaged

Jan 23, 2015 Married

Jan 27, 2015 Filed I-130 DCF in Bangkok

Feb 18, 2015 I-130 Approved

March 2, 2015 Sent Packet 3 docs US Priority Express Mail

March 10, 2015 Packet 3 arrived US Embassy Bangkok

March 12, 2015 Received packet 4 email

March 25, 2015 Interview

March 25, 2015 Approved

March 26, 2015 Issued

March 27, 2015 Visa in hand

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry, I was talking about the i-130! Not k-3. I think they're different? Lol

Mrs. DK,

The K-3 is now obsolete, but it is essentially the same visa as the CR-1 - a spousal visa.

AP means Administrative Processing - and just means they need to do further research before making a decision.

In many embassies/consulates, the officer will let you know immediately. Unfortunately, in some countries, the case will go into administrative processing.

So it is impossible to assure you one way or another. However, Japan is not a high-risk or a high-fraud country, so most likely, if your case is clean, you will probably be told your results at the interview.

My spouse is from Australia. We knew immediately that she had been approved.

Sukie in NY

Edited by Sukie
Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to US Embassy & Consulate Discussion; topic is about this phase of the process.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Japan is a low fraud country. Statistically, you stand to have fewer problems because of this. In MENA countries being put into AP is extremely common. Unless you have some real red flags you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

You might try reading the embassy reviews. http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Japan

They might be helpful.

Good Luck!

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.