Rob L

Congresswoman Rogers asks for Obamacare horror stories and gets thousands of them

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Timeline Photos
11024211_10153225909544772_1724085404351
10291078_10152809787049772_7936184516992

This week marks the 5th anniversary of #Obamacare being signed into law. Whether it's turned your tax filing into a nightmare, you’re facing skyrocketing premiums, or your employer has reduced your work hours, I want to hear about it.

Please share your story with me so that I can better understand the challenges you're facing: http://mcmorris.house.gov/your-story/
Like · Comment · Share · March 23
  • Write a comment...
  • 10449899_10154541935990257_1524713096035
    Mitchell Wiggs The Republican solution to th Afordable Care Act? Let people drown in debt, clutter our emergency rooms, and die from lack of coverage due to pre-existing conditions. No thanks, "Congresswoman". Some of us care more about our fellow Americans than trying to bash the President. Keep trying to scare your followers with phony horror stories, though
  • 1797389_10205816303747540_16739875921115
    Melissa Kelly 5 years of not waking up in the middle of the might panicked that my child won't ever be able to get health insurance thanks to a brain tumor at the age of 2. Thank God for Obamacare. Anyone who ever fought an insurance company for pediatric neurosurgery coverage knows there was NEVER a hassle-free system in place and Obamacare is light years better than what we had.
nnifer Holden My biggest problem with Obamacare: My partner and I no longer have health benefits from an employer, and the ACA has made health insurance more accessible and less expensive for us.Oh wait, that isn't a problem!
Like · Reply · 1,266 · March 24 at 6:37am
3 Replies · about an hour ago
Dean Vercruysse I love people like you Cathy who HAVE Gov't Health Care who want to cancel it for others! it's the Christian thing to do!
Like · Reply · 7,563 · March 23 at 7:43pm
68 Replies · 4 hours ago
Seth Miller I think we should repeal Obamacare, and replace it … with universal socialized medicine - like the rest of the industrialized nations of the world.
Like · Reply · 8,975 · March 23 at 7:39pm
121 Replies · 10 hours ago
Robert Fairfax I work for cancer care northwest. We actually have more patients with insurance and fewer having to choose treatment over bankruptcy. Cathy, I'm a die hard conservative and I'm asking you to stop just slamming Obamacare. Fix it, change it or come up with a better idea! Thanks
Like · Reply · 6,530 · March 23 at 7:33pm
58 Replies
Erika Dennis My whole family now has coverage. The ACA is the cause for this, I work in health care, I have seen the increase in covered patients first hand. The next step is universal coverage, this will truly lower costs and provide the best care. Cathy, you bare...See More
Like · Reply · 8,476 · March 23 at 7:00pm
90 Replies
Dylan McGuire My premiums have not increased, my hours have not been reduced and I know a couple of people who were able to get medical care through insurance rather than going to an emergency room. Taxes are no more difficult than they have ever been.
Like · Reply · 2,801 · March 23 at 6:57pm
21 Replies
Allan Massie Thanks to the ACA, my cousin was able to get affordable insurance despite her preexisting condition. So grateful.
Like · Reply · 5,385 · March 23 at 6:56pm
36 Replies
Eduardo Garcia I like ACA.
Unless you have something better,
Don't mess with it.
Like · Reply · 1,116 · March 23 at 6:53pm
1 Reply
Bink Olney It's working fine - you and your Republican cohorts aren't.
Like · Reply · 4,872 · March 23 at 6:32pm
18 Replies
Denise Foster Lockamy And now my daughter, diagnosed with MS at age 22, can have insurance. What do you plan to do with her?
Like · Reply · 4,620 · March 23 at 6:17pm
66 Replies
William Francis Condon My story is that I once knew 7 people who couldn't get health insurance. Now they all have it, thanks to the ACA and President Obama, and their plans are as good as the one my employer provides--and they pay less for them. Now, that's not the kind of story you want to hear. You want to hear made-up horror stories. I don't know anyone with one of those stories.
Like · Reply · 4,952 · March 23 at 6:00pm
121 Replies
Jeff Sellen This is nothing more than a talking point framed pathetically as a question. It has become the Republican way, unfortunately: Pay no attention to the evidence. Let's introduce a little integrity into the discussion, ok? What are the strengths and weaknesses of Obamacare?
Like · Reply · 1,324 · March 23 at 5:52pm
13 Replies
Jim Reid Hello Congresswoman McMorris Rodgers!
I work as the facilitator of a task force that is overseeing the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in Washington State. I have learned that the ACA is helping people who did not previously have health ins...See More
Like · Reply · 3,296 · March 24 at 9:18am
44 Replies
Dale Lindekugel Having looked through these comments it appears that the jury is in. I trust you'll be changing your position in the face of the evidence.
Like · Reply · 991 · March 24 at 9:01am
27 Replies · 11 hours ago
Janet Clark My story is this: my husband and I worked to pass Obamacare because we believed all Americans should have access to quality healthcare, like we did through his workplace. We never thought it would affect us. Then one day I came home and found my strong...See More
Like · Reply · 2,590 · March 24 at 7:42am
35 Replies
Matthew Root Employee insurance premiums for my small business were up only 6% this year. That is the smallest increase in the 16 years I have been in business. The ACA has been very good to my employees and has contained costs for my business. Please stop trying to take people's insurance away by repealing the ACA,
Like · Reply · 2,462 · March 24 at 7:13am
28 Replies · 32 minutes ago
Janice Grounds With the ACA my partner is able to FINALLY get health insurance. She has severe arthitis....you know the kind that the wealthy golfer talks about helping with the magic of humera...only this medication is $$$$. She has lived with, worked with severe pa...See More
Like · Reply · 870 · March 23 at 9:11pm
15 Replies · 2 hours ago
Camilla Kane I am sure you know that the ACA is a great thing for this nation. I am sure that you have heard that type 2 diabetes went up 22% in states that extended medicare (because they had gone undetected in people without insurance - not because Obamacare was...See More
Like · Reply · 834 · March 23 at 9:03pm
5 Replies
Laura Walker Oh, my, where to start? Let's see, I now am able to get annual exams for breast cancer, colon cancer, depression screening, bone density tests and overall wellness exams FOR FREE! My insurance (thanks to Medicare) covers eye care and dental care, plus ...See More
Like · Reply · 4,521 · March 23 at 8:57pm
97 Replies · about an hour ago
Steve Verhey My sister, a breast cancer survivor, couldn't get health insurance, and now she has it. Thanks, Obama!
Like · Reply · 838 · March 23 at 8:37pm
Nancy Lazarus Taylor Thanks, Obama!! Because of the ACA, I have health insurance and with a pre-existing condition. Without this, I would most likely be dead or on gov't assistance, something else you, CMR, don't like. And I managed to do my taxes myself. No nightmare. Next fallacy to debunk?
Like · Reply · 1,853 · March 27 at 4:36am · Edited
11 Replies
Deanna Bax Why don't you ask for people to tell their stories instead of just asking for the negatives? If you honestly want to help Americans you need All the stories and weigh what's best based on the facts not based on what you want to hear.
Like · Reply · 3,102 · March 23 at 7:57pm
25 Replies · about an hour ago
Gina M. Nardoianni I love the insurance I have through the ACA. Silver plan, no problems - not a one. Still seeing all the same doctors: eye doctors, gynecologist, PCP. Have been to the ER, had blood work done, and have acquired a new doctor as well. Not one complaint.
Like · Reply · 1,589 · March 25 at 7:31am · Edited
Kevin S. McCarthy Millions more Americans can now receive the medical care they require than could prior to the Affordable Care Act and millions of the rest of us who were lucky enough to have had insurance prior to the new law now have policies with more benefits. It is not perfect but the Affordable Care Act is much better than the broken system we had prior thereto.
Like · Reply · 1,036 · March 23 at 7:18pm
Lisa Barber Instead of trying to repeal it why don't you improve it? Our local rural clinics are packed daily with people who have needed healthcare for years!! it is a godsend. It is pitiful this nation does not have healthcare for all and that doesn't mean the EMERGENCY room!!
Like · Reply · 3,818 · March 23 at 7:10pm
28 Replies · about an hour ago
David Smith I am outraged that a member of the US House of Representatives would have such an unscientific and slanted poll. Her website had better not be publicly funded.
Like · Reply · 693 · March 23 at 6:59pm
9 Replies
Gary Downing Instead of doing all you can to tear down our Nation why don't you start working to make it better.. Seems like Republicans have just become the real terrorists of this Nation..
Like · Reply · 3,023 · March 23 at 6:44pm
38 Replies
Benjamin Calvert I had to quit my job to take care of my father after he had a massive stroke. After my work insurance had to drop me, I applied and got health insurance in 15 minutes... Full coverage, no questions, and with all the stress I'm under now knowing that I have no co-pays and everything covered is the biggest relief. Explain yourself madam.
Like · Reply · 626 · March 24 at 10:57pm
5 Replies
Katy Killilea With Obamacare, my child with Type 1 diabetes can not be denied insurance.
Like · Reply · 658 · March 24 at 4:43pm
6 Replies
Justin Konrad My small business has been greatly benefited by the ACA; we're able to offer our partners and staff less expensive and more comprehensive plans. Shame on you for lying and fearmongering about this for political gain.
Like · Reply · 555 · March 24 at 8:35am
7 Replies · about an hour ago
Carla Carnegie I and my husband now have really truly affordable insurance. In the past 20 years, as small business owners, whatever any insurance company offered us as 'affordable' was not affordable in the least, and had pretty high deductibles. I have had nothing but praise for what we have now, and I am sure it could be made a little better with some tweaking, but compared to where we were without---there is no comparison.
Like · Reply · 613 · March 23 at 9:51pm
4 Replies · about an hour ago
Brian McMorris The only horror I find in Obama care is that President Obama forced a congress full of thieves to establish an affordable healthcare option for americans. Somehow you and the other crooks on Capitol Hill have made it your main goal of plotting against ...See More
Like · Reply · 1,827 · March 23 at 7:01pm
23 Replies
John Cunningham It's the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Everyone likes the Patient protection part of the law. It has saved peoples lives and stopped insurance companies from dropping people and refusing to cover them. No republican plan has the patient p...See More
Like · Reply · 1,747 · March 23 at 6:36pm
18 Replies
Mike Ruiz I'm very happy. We still have great coverage and our premiums are much lower than before
Like · Reply · 2,530 · March 23 at 6:29pm
42 Replies
Bruce Milligan OBAMA care definitely works FOR me I love it.
Like · Reply · 1,501 · March 23 at 6:29pm
20 Replies
Ian A. Walker Here's one: a Republican Congresswoman asked for Obamacare horror stories to help with her push to dismantle the program. When she was instead confronted with overwhelming proof that the program is helping millions of people who desperately need it, sh...See More
Like · Reply · 374 · March 26 at 11:19am
7 Replies
Peter Rothbart My premiums went up, but if that's what it takes to bring healthcare to millions of Americans who would otherwise be without coverage, then so be it.
Like · Reply · 474 · March 26 at 7:55am
21 Replies · 6 hours ago
Brooke Kelty This is the only comment section I've seen in a while that didn't make me disappointed in life.
Like · Reply · 1,477 · March 26 at 7:21am
21 Replies · 3 hours ago
Cathy Scott As the president of the board of directors for a local nonprofit childcare facility, we were spending upwards of $40k to insure 5 of our full time teachers (a benefit choice of range of options). We recently elected to get rid of this policy in order t...See More
Like · Reply · 462 · March 24 at 6:49am
8 Replies
Shana Cuddy I work in a bone marrow transplant unit at one of the top rated hospitals in the country. Although the ACA has had its problems, I have seen numerous patients get life saving transplants when previously they did not have insurance coverage, or they had...See More
Like · Reply · 373 · March 24 at 4:10am · Edited
1 Reply
Chuck Larson Looks like you're getting your answers, Cathy...just not the ones you wanted.
Like · Reply · 1,146 · March 24 at 3:25am
6 Replies
Julie Stecher My son, who was born with asthma, scoliosis, who was never able to get insurance before, finally has medical insurance. Even though my hours at work have been reduced, I finally have medical insurance as well. Thank you President Obama for Obamacare.
Like · Reply · 1,301 · March 23 at 9:40pm
18 Replies
Earl Roney My wife is disabled and she could not leave her current plan that sucked, $40 Dr copays and no limit out of pocket and because of preexisting conditions couldn't leave. Obama care gave us a plan through BC/BS $120.00 per month cheaper 3 times better, ...See More
Like · Reply · 794 · March 23 at 7:55pm
27 Replies
Jeff Scott Seems this hack job didn't go as planned huh?
Like · Reply · 1,169 · March 23 at 7:53pm · Edited
11 Replies
Hank Greer Our congresswoman is not interested in hearing what good the Affordable Care Act has done, which is precisely why I'm posting a story about that.
Like · Reply · 1,345 · March 23 at 6:34pm
7 Replies
C Elizabeth Clark ACA has been a good plan for our nation! A healthier nation is a stronger nation!
Like · Reply · 775 · March 23 at 6:29pm
13 Replies
Shar Van Winkle Obama Care saved us when my husband was unemployed and we couldn't afford coverage. We might have been ruined without it. My husband could not have had the eye surgery needed after an accident. So grateful.
Like · Reply · 691 · March 23 at 7:53pm
Ryan Boddy My premiums have risen in the same amount as they had previous to the ACA and my coverage is better. Thanks Obama:)
Like · Reply · 796 · March 23 at 6:39pm
11 Replies
Tony James Our story is that our son was facing a battle with Hodgkins Lymphoma, before Obamacare was enacted. He had an insurance policy (the kind that wouldn't even be allowed under the current ACA) and the out of pocket costs were extremely high for his chemo...See More
Like · Reply · 132 · March 25 at 6:34am
2 Replies
Christopher Sanders I pay about $20 more a month. Boo hoo, pity me. Oh wait I never have to worry about my nieces being covered after being born with health issues so nevermind
Like · Reply · 134 · March 24 at 8:47pm
1 Reply
Kristin Lee Schlupp I have been declined coverage by major providers because I took a "migraine medicine" when I was in my 20's, and now have the opportunity to get insurance. I am insured by my employer, and now have breast cancer to add to my medical history, however I am assured coverage, which is a fabulous relief to my family. I cannot be declined coverage. Thanks Obama!
Like · Reply · 138 · March 24 at 4:40pm
8 Replies
Ron Irvine I have a preexisting condition. Thank you Mr President for ensuring allowing me to obtain my healthcare coverage. Also saved me a ton of money.
Like · Reply · 132 · March 24 at 9:32am
Stefani Crabtree My story is that my brother can now have health insurance, my friend who had a preexisting condition could have health insurance. I'm am 100% for universal health care and 100% against our elected representatives dismantling this. I really do not understand why they want to repeal the universal care act. It's disgusting. I thought congress people were supposed to work FOR their people, not their own interests.
Like · Reply · 139 · March 24 at 7:34am
1 Reply
Keri Belliston Doesn't appear to be the nightmarish stories you're looking for. I'm certain you'll feel the need to falsify some horror stories that are more along the line of your delusions.
Like · Reply · 132 · March 24 at 6:43am
Tom Pell Myself and others in my family were without health insurance and now we are covered by OBAMACARE. It is working for our family. Please stop trying to repeal something that is working and has improved our health and possibly saved my life. Leave it alon...See More
Like · Reply · 140 · March 24 at 1:43am
1 Reply
Paul Huntley Who's got time for facts?
ObamaCare doesn’t regulate your health care; it regulates health insurance and some of the worst practices of the For-profit Healthcare Industry....See More
Get 2015 health coverage now. Health Insurance Marketplace
Official site of Affordable Care Act. Enroll now for 2015 coverage. See health coverage choices, ways to save today, how law affects you.
HEALTHCARE.GOV
Like · Reply · 391 · March 23 at 11:28pm
28 Replies
Justin Gordon The difference between a benevolent public servant and Congresswoman Rodgers is a decent person would have asked for all experiences with the ACA not just the selectively worded ones that suit her cause against the elderly, veterans, disabled, and poor.
Like · Reply · 563 · March 23 at 9:07pm
10 Replies
'"Every word of the Bible is true forever... until Ronald Reagan."
~ Matthew 5:17-18 GOP Bible'
Republican Jesus
"Every word of the Bible is true forever... until Ronald Reagan."
~ Matthew 5:17-18 GOP Bible
Like · Reply · 139 · March 23 at 9:06pm
8 Replies · 7 hours ago
Philip Kuntz Your inquiry says a lot about your true objective. Why do you only want to hear the bad news? I know many who love it and don't want to lose it. Only know 1 person whose premiums went up (for much better care). Perhaps it would have been more fruit...See More
Like · Reply · 135 · March 23 at 6:14pm · Edited
Al Petterson I'm doing fine, I've got a good job I enjoy, I had insurance before the ACA, I still have insurance today; it hasn't particularly helped nor hurt me. But millions of my fellow citizens didn't have insurance, and now do. Only a sociopath would be angr...See More
Like · Reply · 258 · March 25 at 8:21pm · Edited
5 Replies
Matthew Root My wife was diagnosed with cancer in 2011 (pre-ACA). The first thing my insurance company did was to deny coverage for chemotherapy. The oncology center said that was common. I had to fight the insurance company for coverage. Thanks to the Affordable ...See More
Like · Reply · 259 · March 24 at 7:18am
9 Replies
Mike Vitiello It is working well for my family, sorry Cathy no nightmare story here. Keep looking, perhaps you will find one in a hundred, or a thousand that will help you further your cause.
Like · Reply · 122 · March 23 at 10:33pm
Katie Calvert I paid exactly $0 last night for my prescription as opposed to the $120 it used to cost me. Shut up.
Like · Reply · 117 · March 26 at 7:07am
3 Replies
Kevin Fox I couldn't get coverage and couldn't afford medications. I now have full coverage....and no help from the government vouchers. I pay my own premiums and can get the medications I need. Thanks Obama! No thanks to you, Cathy.
Like · Reply · 116 · March 24 at 9:28am
1 Reply
Meredith Stark None of my doctors have been lost.
Like · Reply · 117 · March 24 at 7:13am
2 Replies · 47 minutes ago
Wesley Bauer I finally have health insurance after losing it in 2008. Thanks Obamacare!
Like · Reply · 116 · March 24 at 4:39am
Donna Trott I am happy with it. It has gotten me through a rough patch in my life. Not complicated.
Like · Reply · 116 · March 23 at 9:22pm
Karl Chwe I have a horror story for you. When I first got insurance, there was a rider excluding coverage for my asthma, because it was a pre-existing condition. So I put off getting care because it would be out of pocket. Even the drugs alone cost $300 a month...See More
Like · Reply · 108 · March 26 at 10:31am
4 Replies · 6 hours ago
Nancy Steele I am so glad Obama cares because I now have affordable insurance.. well I could not get insurance before. I have a pre existing condition but I want the same American dream as many others - to work for myself. But the insurance industry and the feder...See More
Like · Reply · 108 · March 24 at 6:23pm · Edited
3 Replies
Karen Whiteman Bunch I still don't understand why so many people misunderstand what our president is trying to do. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again expecting different results. Our system is broken and our president had the nerve to try ...See More
Like · Reply · 106 · March 24 at 7:45am
9 Replies
Lisa Kukal Jennings The kids health coverage has remained the same. Our eldest regardless of our financial situation has retained her traditional Medicaid per our adoption support agreement with the state. Thankful for that because A LOT has changed for us since adopting ...See More
Like · Reply · 106 · March 23 at 7:23pm
7 Replies
Edward Craig In other words, please help this beeotch compile a war chest of scary stories to use as a bludgeon in her psychotic quest to overturn the ACA.
Like · Reply · 336 · March 23 at 6:53pm
5 Replies
Mardiclaw I have health insurance despite my rotten governor, bobby jindal. and I love it.
Like · Reply · 103 · March 24 at 10:48am
Patrick Eggers I have better coverage and pay less, keep trying to spread your lies.
Like · Reply · 99 · March 24 at 8:35am
Matthew Knight My plan is BETTER than the one I had before Obama are. Lower deductible broader coverage and costs about 1/3 of what it used to. Without Obamacare I would have nothing. It has literally saved me from financial ruin.
Like · Reply · 100 · March 24 at 8:33am
Tamara Mohr What she going to do,vote to repeal it for the umpteenth time? Sorry Cathy the ACA is working just fine for us. No problem filling our taxes.
Like · Reply · 102 · March 23 at 10:38pm
4 Replies
Chelsi Andrews Hmmmm... well my mother in law only pays less than $50 a month including copay to see her Dr using obamacare insurance plans. Soooooo not sure what you're talking about. Especially since my immediate family plan is almost 300 a month for health insurance through my job. Hope the search for lies works out for you ma'am.
Like · Reply · 96 · March 25 at 11:29am
Roy Osborn My plans are intact, premiums have increased as always, but what seems to be a lesser rate, my plan was not cancelled, I did not lose my doctor, I have not experienced reduced work hours, and it's actually freed me from the chains of employer based being the ONLY path to coverage. #FEARMONGER
Like · Reply · 97 · March 24 at 7:34am
Rachel Barrow Under tha ACA, our premiums hav increasd 2 a min. My son has autism, I was able 2 purchase an extra ins policy to enable him 2 go 2 a therapy center specifially for his needs. He was a "pre-existing" condition. Myself? I hav multilpl health issuses, in...See More
Like · Reply · 94 · March 24 at 3:00am
Barry Yinger My friend has many ongoing health problems and was not eligible for insurance that he could afford. He would have had to pay almost his entire salary for the premiums. Now he has insurance he can afford that covers all of his health issues. Obamacare has saved his life.
Like · Reply · 97 · March 24 at 2:56am
Rosie Lineham "Obamacare" saved my daughters life. She was in critical care for 4 days, and is a single mother of a 6 year old daughter. Now, she will never be denied insurance for a pre-existing condition thanks to The Affordable Care Act. We were born and raised in Washington State, and honestly, you are Washington's Sarah Palin.
Like · Reply · 200 · March 23 at 11:34pm
6 Replies
Rich Lussier This is rank nonsense. O'care is fueling a boom in health care and has reduced the number of uninsured by one third!
Like · Reply · 94 · March 23 at 10:35pm
Danny O'Halloran I finally have health insurance!
Like · Reply · 96 · March 23 at 8:36pm
Peggy Munson Anyone telling the truth will not report these things to you because they are not true! But, you can count on your rabid base to feed you all the lies they can drum up.
You tout your sponsorship and advocacy for the disabled but you will not miss an o...See More
Like · Reply · 219 · March 23 at 6:07pm
8 Replies
Marci Youngberg I was hit by a truck as a pedestrian while I didn't have insurance and couldn't get adequate care which has left me with permanent damage to my body. Then I couldn't get coverage because of "pre existing" conditions. I now have health care because of P...See More
Like · Reply · 87 · March 24 at 6:00pm
Teegan Bonnie Mullins-Getting My psychiatric care is now covered by an insurance policy with a premium I can afford. Now I can work instead of being on welfare!
Like · Reply · 89 · March 24 at 8:20am
David Goode With Obama care my wife and I were finally able to go full time with our small buisness! 30 percent growth in the first year ! Thanks Obama!
Like · Reply · 90 · March 24 at 8:13am
2 Replies
Matthew Lillich I love these polls asking for horror stories and the comments are filled with how the ACA has helped!
Like · Reply · 89 · March 24 at 8:12am
1 Reply
Meredith Stark Website is not broken anymore, lady.
Like · Reply · 91 · March 24 at 7:13am
Bill Stamper I don't understand the problem most of the first world has universal health care. Why do you guys want to fight it so bad. Instead of identifying it by who is trying to implement it, look at what it does for the people you say you represent. Look after the people instead of the lobbyists and your system my improve
Like · Reply · 89 · March 24 at 6:37am
Darrel Brown Sorry Cathy.....your tired ole bashingof the ACA seems to be fallingon deft ears. 16 M have insurance now. Does that mean anything to you??? The ACA is working and will work better in the future.. You need to move on to another ox to gore....and the 5th CD needs to move onto a new representative.. You are not doing your job....read what people are telling you here. Do you ever read what is written here?????
Like · Reply · 88 · March 23 at 11:07pm
1 Reply
Sean Hubbard My son was born in December with a heart defect and a cleft palate. Since December his medical bills have exceeded $5,000,000 and he still has another surgery scheduled for this year. It costs $2,400 for a visit to his cardiologist. All of this is paid for by an ACA plan that I couldn't have afforded before the ACA.
Like · Reply · 85 · March 26 at 10:07am
6 Replies
Gary Gil-Schor Obamacare sure beats "we don't care."
Like · Reply · 86 · March 26 at 4:04am
2 Replies
James Brent I now know the horror of having health insurance I can afford.
Like · Reply · 82 · March 25 at 7:27pm
Damien Brooksbank This year, I didn't have to choose between food and medication. I also didn't have pay the thousands of dollars it would have cost for the MRI/MRV of my head to see if I had a brain tumor. Thanks Obama #thanksobama
Like · Reply · 85 · March 24 at 10:34pm
2 Replies
Anita Sheffield My greatest benifit, my son was allowed to remain on my policy after he turned 18. Such a relief!
Like · Reply · 85 · March 24 at 9:33am
4 Replies
Jeff Sellen Wow! Look at this evidence in response to your question, would you Ms. McMorris Rodgers? Is it not time to take the health care of Americans seriously--instead of making it into a series of partisan talking points?
Like · Reply · 82 · March 23 at 9:31pm
Sue Luppert The ACA has been the best thing that has happened for our family in years.
Like · Reply · 84 · March 23 at 6:27pm
9 Replies · 4 hours ago
Andrew Lam Ask your best friend Ted Cruz how it doesn't work and why he's signed up for it.
Like · Reply · 38 · March 26 at 10:24pm
Paul Onorato I went from $800 per month and a $10,000 deductible to $525 per month and a $3500 ded. Thank the lord for the Affordable Care Act. I now have options, better coverage.
Like · Reply · 78 · March 25 at 2:22pm
Tricia Lyman All you do is put fear into people's hearts when the statistics shows this has been the best thing for everyone. SHAME on you!!
Like · Reply · 78 · March 23 at 10:31pm
Jeffrey Gardner I was paying $1500/month with Blue Cross/Blue Shield before Obamacare. I was literally going broke between that huge payment and my high rent (I live in New York City). I am self-employed, so some of that premium was tax-deductible, but the monthlies...See More
Like · Reply · 77 · March 26 at 9:31am
Robb Coles Yeah I blame Obama. He's awful. My premium was only reduced by 70%, and even worse, it actually covers what I need. He sucks so much. And get this, my prescription co pays are so low, they've left money in my checking account for that nasty grocery habit I have of eating 3 times a day.
Like · Reply · 75 · March 25 at 5:03pm
5 Replies · 4 hours ago
René Bryce-Laporte When I lost my job in 2007, I also lost my health insurance. When I investigated buying insurance on my own, the monthly cost was going to exceed my rent and they would not cover my pre-existing illness, very common for a 40 something. I also faced $20...See More
Like · Reply · 75 · March 24 at 1:38pm
Alta Smith I must admit these comments are a pleasant surprise.
Like · Reply · 75 · March 24 at 8:58am
3 Replies
Gordon Kendall Boom: Nearly 30 million Americans have received health insurance under Obamacare. http://www.motherjones.com/.../obamacare-charts-stats...
20 Obamacare stats the GOP doesn't want you to see
A routine check-up finds that health care reform is...
MOTHERJONES.COM
Like · Reply · 77 · March 23 at 6:27pm
10 Replies · 2 hours ago
Mathew Ahrens My first post was deleted so I'll try this again. My wife and I had insurance through our employers. When our first child came we found that his premiums through our plans would have been between $700 - $900 a month. We decided to sign him up through Obamacare for $277 a month (without subsidies). Obamacare has worked great for my family.
Like · Reply · 73 · March 26 at 11:13am
Stephanie Porta I couldn't get insurance. I had cancer. I enrolled and within a month I was having the surgery I needed to remove the tumors. Coming up on 4 years cancer free! Thanks Obamacare!
Like · Reply · 213 · March 26 at 9:31am
10 Replies
Jerry Smith As a longtime Republican, and representing our party, you make me ashamed by your ignorant comments. My employees insurance is finally affordable, and my wife, who has Multiple Sclerosis is now covered by the Affordable Care Act. Oh.. and we al...See More
Like · Reply · 72 · March 26 at 8:52am · Edited
Eric Wolff Nightmare tax filing??? What's THAT all about? I prepare taxes for myself and my husband and a handful of our friends and I've not seen anything beyond a check-box asking if you're insured and through what resource. That's it. No nightmares. Could it be that you're fear mongering and trying to spread misinformation about the ACA??
Like · Reply · 71 · March 26 at 6:47am
2 Replies · 4 hours ago
Curby Dickens I have a friend who would be dead without the ACA but I'm not mourning her loss because she got the medical care she needed. #thanksobama
Like · Reply · 72 · March 24 at 5:38pm
Jerry Martian I love it that this post backfired terribly for them
Like · Reply · 71 · March 24 at 4:12pm
2 Replies
Amy Adcock When my husband died I left my job to move back to my hometown. This meant I lost my benefits for myself and my daughter. After i moved, I easily found a navigator who took all the time we needed to find me a subsidy and pretty darn good coverage for us. And I was able to join a statewide insurance coop so I didn't have to give my money to a big insurance corporation. Win!
Like · Reply · 72 · March 24 at 10:48am
Andrew Gillum I think this is funny. She asks for negative posts and all she got was how helpful the ACA is. Lmao what a back fire. If you guys want a real laugh go to Ted Cruz' page.
Like · Reply · 72 · March 24 at 5:48am
12 Replies · 4 hours ago
Kimberly B Stone My story is that I was diagnosed with a benign tumor in my pituitary gland the size of a pea that never really gave me any problems but it made me uninsurable for 30 years, meaning that I neglected my health in various ways and one night I couldn't fig...See More
Like · Reply · 185 · March 23 at 6:48pm
8 Replies
Mitchell Harter My horror story? Congress has wasted 10's of millions of dollars and who knows how many wasted hours trying to repeal (without offering a replacement) the ACA.
Like · Reply · 68 · March 26 at 10:52am
2 Replies · 6 hours ago
John Daly V I went from not having insurance to now paying $80/month for coverage. That's a direct improvement to my life. Still waiting for the benefits of trickle down economics.
Like · Reply · 69 · March 26 at 12:20am
1 Reply
Curt Golden Before ACA, it cost me $12,500 out of pocket per year before my insurance company paid its first 85% of 1¢ toward actual health care. The ACA literally saved my life.
Like · Reply · 69 · March 25 at 10:55am
Tim Foster I have a condition called Pancreatitus- I'm an otherwise healthy guy, eat right, never smoked, but I couldn't get individual health insurance because of my pre-existing condition. I had the money to pay full price for my premiums, but no insurance would take me. Now, I've been on my ACA-related health plan for over a year and finally have peace of mind.
Like · Reply · 69 · March 25 at 9:03am
Nicole Belle Wow. Facts really *DO* have a liberal bias, don't they, Rep. McMorris Rodgers? Face it, you lost this battle. Stop peddling lies and fear mongering and get focused on doing something constructive instead of taking away health insurance from millions of Americans. http://www.nationalmemo.com/obamacare-premiums-better.../
Obamacare Premiums Better Than Expected - But GOP Sabotage Is Worse...
NATIONALMEMO.COM
Like · Reply · 68 · March 24 at 9:57pm
6 Replies
Jeff Fine How about people who's rates went down, coverage improved, and who still see their same doctor? The ACA has been nothing but positive for me and everyone I know.
Like · Reply · 70 · March 24 at 12:10pm
Patricia Grenfell Because of Obamacare my grandson was able to stay on his parents insurance until 26. It is too bad the States that GOP control have refused to take the Medicaid offered. How many deaths would this have prevented all to stick it to President Obama. The only thing the GOP doesn't realize they are sticking it to their citizens. They must not care about the people who voted for them.
Like · Reply · 68 · March 24 at 9:19am
7 Replies
Rebecca S. Herron Congresswoman Rodgers, you asked a question and you got answers I'm sure you didn't want to hear. Now the right thing to do is acknowledge that bashing Obamacare is not in the best interest of your constituents. The biggest challenge your constituents are facing is their own representatives. If you want to hear what the people have to say, then stop bashing and LISTEN.
Like · Reply · 67 · March 26 at 9:15am · Edited
3 Replies
Kim Hook Instead of bashing president Obama why don't you tell us your plan?
Like · Reply · 66 · March 24 at 9:31am
1 Reply
Megan Vick I thank God daily for my dearest friend being able to get health care now. She would have died without the aca.
Like · Reply · 65 · March 24 at 8:09am
Matthew Lillich My parents had pre-existing conditions and were having trouble qualifying for insurance at all. I expected to pay a little bit more because I am fairly young and healthy, but was pleasantly surprised to find an affordable insurance that costs LESS than...See More
Like · Reply · 66 · March 24 at 8:08am
1 Reply
Rick Cooper My story is that I am self insured because I don't qualify for a subsidy. Without Obamacare my rates went up too. Like they always have. But now I am not a prisoner to this plan because of my pre-existing condition. I can shop around. Thanks, Obama!
Like · Reply · 139 · March 24 at 1:53am
David Sekman It's HORRIBLE!! My wife (a cancer survivor) and I (high blood pressure, high cholesterol and very prone to aneurysms) have actually gotten insurance for the first time in 15 years since it was completely unavailable prior to the ACA. The horror! I wou...See More
Like · Reply · 187 · March 26 at 9:05am
15 Replies
Bill Elliott With the ACA, my wife got coverage that her employer did not offer. She had an unexpected serious illness, and the ACA insurance paid for most of the costs. Our family would be in bankruptcy without the ACA.
Like · Reply · 64 · March 24 at 8:57pm
Jerry Johnsen In your own district, jobs have been created with new urgent care facilities that cost less than emergency rooms. Health care costs have dropped and emergency rooms are less stressed.
Like · Reply · 64 · March 24 at 3:22am
1 Reply
Ronan Chris Murphy My story is that I am so grateful for the Affordable Care Act. I now have better coverage at a better rate and my best friend who has a pre-existing condition was able to get health insurance for the first time in 15 years. "Obabmacare" is not perfect, but I am so thankful for this step in the right direction. As a member of congress I hope you will work to improve this program to make it better for all Americans.
Like · Reply · 60 · March 25 at 11:36am
Darren Mayfield With every report coming out about how good Obamacare has been working the last couple years, imagine how terrified the hateful Republicans must be. At only 5 years, we already are seeing healthcare inflation stalling and leveling off, and as millions ...See More
Like · Reply · 61 · March 24 at 5:32pm
13 Replies
Roxanna Torres Valdovinos Obama is the BEST PRESIDENT EVER.
Like · Reply · 60 · March 24 at 10:39am
Barb Ulrich Patterson I love Obamacare! And I thank God and the democrats for my healthy grandson born two years ago after my daughter was able (thanks to Obamacare) to get on my health insurance!
Like · Reply · 61 · March 24 at 12:05am
Matt Knowles Before Obamacare we were stuck with a $900 a month policy that had a $7500 deductible. We couldn't switch policies because my donation of a kidney to my wife meant we both had pre-existing conditions. Every year the rates kept rising and soon we were g...See More
Like · Reply · 58 · March 26 at 9:14am
4 Replies
David Skape Craig Republicans are quick to want to take away your Healthcare but when it comes to war it's spend baby spend.
Like · Reply · 59 · March 26 at 7:53am
Bernard Ostil Does anyone have any actual, substantiated negative things to say about Obamacare? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?
Like · Reply · 57 · March 25 at 7:16pm
6 Replies
Laura Eaton Zerzan Jones The Affordable Care Act is not perfect. But, many people that I know are now insured. I would rather that we had health care insurance like all federal employees have. You know, Single Payer Health Care. Like most developed nations? thanks to ObamaCare
Like · Reply · 59 · March 24 at 3:50pm
Jason Steiner My premiums went up slightly, but I'm glad because now the loopholes in my coverage that would have allowed my insurance company to get out of paying if I ever got very sick are closed.
Like · Reply · 119 · March 24 at 2:08pm
11 Replies
Heather Ridge The families of students at my school have been able to access preventative care and seem to spend a lot less time in the ER these days thanks to #Obamacare. Thanks, Obama!
Like · Reply · 58 · March 24 at 10:31am
Neil Krupnick Our premiums are lower, our co-pays are lower, and our meds are lower. #thanksobama
Like · Reply · 57 · March 24 at 10:18am
Darren Mayfield I purchased my insurance through the Healthcare Exchange, it was so much more affordable than I could have imagined (despite all the fantasy horror stories about dropped plans that didn't cover anything, anyway and monstrously high quotes). I can hones...See More
Like · Reply · 57 · March 24 at 9:07am
Darci Graves It has done nothing but good things for my family. Namely, eliminated lifetime limits on coverage. This makes all the difference in the world for my daughter who was born with many health needs and has already surpassed the old million dollar limit at the age of almost 6. Perhaps you, as our representative, should stop playing partisan politics and try to help actual people.
Like · Reply · 56 · March 24 at 9:02am
Joe King I find it fascinating that the request for ACA stories assumes that everybody has a horror tale to tell. Too bad there are more stories of good results than bad. Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers, why not hop off the hate train and actually do something constructive instead of hurling invectives at ACA.
Like · Reply · 54 · March 26 at 7:17am
Brian Casebolt Years from now Obama will be hailed a hero - America used to lead by building a better society - we lost our way and Obama has helped bring us back on many dimensions.
Like · Reply · 54 · March 25 at 7:54pm
1 Reply
Laura Reilly I had no coverage after my husband and I split up... Now I have coverage and was able to have all the health screenings I needed to be sure I am healthy... I am so thankful for our president Obama and his healthcare fixes! And thanks to you too Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers for the chance to read so many other success stories attributed to Obamacare!!
Like · Reply · 54 · March 24 at 3:07pm
1 Reply
Darren Mayfield I think we can all agree that the Republican obsession with the wildly successful ACA has even turned the 50-75 IQ range of their base against them.I know of ten former conservatives on our side bow thanks to the ACA. Apparently the ACA is helping rid America of our worst cancer...the GOP
Like · Reply · 53 · March 24 at 9:16am
3 Replies
Rob Thompson The ACA helped me and my family here in Tonasket. Thank you President Obama.
Like · Reply · 54 · March 24 at 9:06am
Craig Monk Ewing I love this. Your feeble attempt to create myths, tamp down the benefits of the universal care act is being met with tons of folks calling you a hack.
The benefits of the bill far outweigh the ####### you sling at it. The simple mention of the initial so...See More
Like · Reply · 52 · March 24 at 1:23pm
2 Replies
Burt Pierce GOP=lies and distortions.
Like · Reply · 52 · March 23 at 10:43pm
4 Replies
Marion Hammer Don't forget the millions who now have health care coverage and are very happy with the affordable Health Care Act.
Like · Reply · 52 · March 23 at 8:42pm
Ruth Pechin We now have patients that can see a doctor in the clinic on time rather than waiting till they are too ill ACA is saving lives and you are too stupid to realize that. Get your political view out of the way and see what is happening in our community bec...See More
Like · Reply · 155 · March 23 at 6:52pm
6 Replies
Steve Culbertson We employ 20 people and our health care costs have dropped 30% in the last three years. We love "Obamacare 5 Years Later".
Like · Reply · 50 · March 26 at 11:22am
Derek Rayburn This post is amazing! Not for the content of the post itself (that idiot will get a back hand to the face from her maker one day) but the comments...wow. I knew ACA was great for me but this finalizes my opinion once and for all. Congrats to everyone that has been helped or seen the positive changes themselves.
Like · Reply · 50 · March 26 at 9:56am
1 Reply
Jay Lassiter I have Obamacare. Should i forgo healthcare to make republicans like you happy? And by the way your salary is paid for by taxpayers. So's your pension. So's your healthcare plan. So is your family's healthcare plan. Hypocrite?
Like · Reply · 50 · March 26 at 4:51am
3 Replies
Chris Chapin I live in your district. Did you realize before the ACA very few insurance companies even sold policies in Stevens county? And for those of us with pre-existing conditions we had no ability to get insurance. My spouse and I FINALLY have health insur...See More
Like · Reply · 48 · March 26 at 9:42am
1 Reply
Shane Wampler oh happy day....my costs actually went down, my tax burden remains unchanged, and at work, my employer allows me unlimited time to browse Facebook. plus, some of my un-insured friends now actually have insurance,so it's a win for everyone i know personally.
Like · Reply · 48 · March 25 at 12:00pm
Rick Eichstaedt What's your plan for health care? Can we see it?
Like · Reply · 102 · March 23 at 8:47pm
10 Replies
Gary Downing Here is your truth Cathy.. let the people see what you tried to stop... Tell them.. give them the numbers.. 16 Million Americans have health care... 76 Million now have preventive care.. and 129 MILLION AMERICANS WHO NEVER COULD GET HEAL...See More
Like · Reply · 113 · March 23 at 6:51pm
12 Replies
Willow Murphree My first response would be to ask you why you only care about negative feedback? The plain and unvarnished answer to that says everything that the people you 'govern' should know about you, that you want to further your agenda at their cost.
I am sure...See More
Like · Reply · 47 · March 26 at 9:16am
3 Replies
Franklin Habit I was uninsurable before the ACA - insurance agents literally hung up on me when I sought coverage. What else would you like to know?
Like · Reply · 46 · March 26 at 4:34am
1 Reply
Ronnie Turner Jr. My best friend with MS never would have been able to get treatment without ACA. God Bless it!!!
Like · Reply · 47 · March 25 at 9:58am
1 Reply
Jeani Borchert I agree with Matt Root. My husband received the "now it's time to die" letter. Not enough major medical remaining for any life saving surgery...etc. until "Obamacare" allowed him back on my group policy now with no major medical cap.
Like · Reply · 47 · March 24 at 8:13am
Terry Hudson When the UK introduced Universal healthcare about 70 years ago the greedy health industry threw everything in its path that they could, but by the end of the decade it had become unassailable and is the most popular service.
At the London Olympics Open...See More
Like · Reply · 47 · March 24 at 1:37am · Edited
2 Replies
Dan Rumney Your website says you are listening.
Tell us Congresswoman: what are you hearing?
Like · Reply · 46 · March 26 at 2:24pm
1 Reply
Jim Rew Remember Cathy, christians aren't supposed to lie
Like · Reply · 45 · March 24 at 7:41am
Gary Jackson The ACA still needs a single payer feature! When do you plan to add that?
Like · Reply · 45 · March 23 at 7:14pm
1 Reply
Christopher Ash As a server in the restaurant industry, I know hundreds of servers who never could afford coverage and used the emergency room as their doctor. Then left the taxpayers and the insured to cover their bills. Now, GUEES WHAT???? almost all of them have signed up for coverage. And they are YOUNG, the ones the insurance companies wanted to sign up. STOP OBSTRUCTING. Fix what needs to be fixed. Do your job.
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 10:54am
1 Reply
Kathy Randolph We went without health insurance for about 5 years following the 2008 financial crisis. My husband and I own a small business, and had always paid for our family's health insurance ourselves. We could only afford catastrophic coverage with a high deduc...See More
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 9:28am
J.T. McCormick My family relies upon health coverage made available through a state-provided exchange under the ACA. Rather than lecturing us about how this somehow "doesn't work," I suggest you get a real job.
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 9:06am
Jill Catherine For me, personally, it helped. I had a blood clot in July 2013, right before my teaching job started, so I didn't have my own insurance yet. I was able to be on my dad's insurance and go to the hospital. I also can still get insurance without being discriminated since I now have a pre-existing condition
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 8:35am
1 Reply
Lori Tucker-Sullivan I am a widowed mother of two. The ACA has saved me several hundred dollars each month in premiums. I can get different coverage for my children and for me as we have different health care needs. My son gets coverage on my plan even though he's 23. He a...See More
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 8:21am
Andrea Dechenne Bergman You're my grandparents' and cousins' representative and it drives me crazy because you clearly don't have their best interests at heart with posts like these. Stop ignoring the success of the ACA and figure out a way to make your constituents' lives better.
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 4:43am
Leigh Maupin I went from no insurance to lifesaving heart surgery! Thanks Obama!
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 2:14am
Lisa L. Reynolds My story is that I didn't have healthcare coverage for five years after my husband had a stroke. Since he is a combat veteran, the VA has provided healthcare for him, but none for me, the wife who has to stay home and care for him. Thanks to Obamacare, I now have coverage! Thank you, Mr. President!
Like · Reply · 44 · March 25 at 7:56pm
1 Reply
Joshua Tveraas My beautiful wife wasn't able to get on my insurance and because of the affordable care act, she got her own. And it's even better than mine! Thank you Mr. President. You're a hero!
Like · Reply · 44 · March 25 at 12:04pm
Nora J Sweeney I am very fortunate and grateful to have Obama Care. I was unemployed and could not afford the outrageous premiums Insurance Company's were requesting to give me Insurance. I now have coverage, premiums I can afford and met my deductible and max out of pocket last year. Give me a better alternative Senator , I doubt you have any. Do your job and quit trying to knock a system that is working for so many people.
Like · Reply · 44 · March 24 at 11:00pm
Andre' Bouvier For the first time, my wife can afford health insurance! Thank you President Obama!
Like · Reply · 44 · March 24 at 11:58am
Patrick Richard Clancy O'Tutching It saved my life! The best thing in the world and those that disagree are misinformed!
Like · Reply · 44 · March 24 at 8:05am
Kym McGarry I wish I could get on the exchange. Most of the people I know who use it have lower premiums, lower deductibles and more extensive coverage. My only complaint is with my state, Missouri, who has not extended the Medicaid expansion to the poorest among us, especially those older adults who are not old enough for Medicare but no longer have children in the home.
Like · Reply · 44 · March 24 at 7:16am
1 Reply
Këlly Zimmerman It's so sad that the GOP can't work for the people.
Unlike Cathy, the Affordable Care Act works.
The Affordable Care Act: 5 Years Later
Five years after the Affordable Care Act passed, 30 million young adults can no longer be denied...
YOUTUBE.COM
Like · Reply · 91 · March 23 at 9:39pm
Seth Koch The only horror would be repealing it. You should be ashamed of yourself and your party of horrors.
Like · Reply · 43 · March 26 at 10:31am
Ethel Tink Landers I love Obamacare. Can it be improved? Sure. Make it a single payer system like Medicare. Americans deserve the best, not the leftovers after all the corporations suck the life out of every person. Wake up and support real people and hard working Americans versus the billionaires who back the right wing and the scare tactics that hurt regular folks.
Like · Reply · 43 · March 26 at 9:52am
Jamaka Gooding I love all reading all of these positive stories I'm so glad you all have healthcare
Like · Reply · 44 · March 26 at 8:56am
Matthew Chester-Griffin I have health insurance coverage for the first time in over a decade. My blood pressure is being treated, I have medication for my depression, I have lost seventy pounds, I am more productive and happy than I have been in years because of the overall improvement in my well-being. I'm fairly sure that is not what you wanted to hear.
Like · Reply · 43 · March 26 at 6:10am
Marilyn Snider My friend is able to receive treatment for a preexisting condition, rheumatoid arthritis because of Obamacare. She is doing very well. We are so thankful for the affordable care act!
Like · Reply · 43 · March 26 at 12:24am
Aurelia Nelson respectfully- The ACA allowed my daughter to go back on our insurance plan and continue her education. She is now a school councilor in Maine. Without the ACA a lot of kids would miss out on an excellent guidance councilor and she would still be working retail. She pays more taxes into the system as well.
Like · Reply · 43 · March 25 at 12:38pm
Jeff Leonard I can afford insurance for the first time in 24 years. Nothing wrong with that at all. Scream all you want about it(and I'll laugh as you do) but I'm happy as a clam!
Like · Reply · 42 · March 25 at 9:51am
Daniel O'Brien-Bravi I was suffering from severe ocd, causing such anxiety that I had panic attacks and avoided everyday situations. thanks to the ACA, I have insurance that covers a psychiatrist and prescription medication, and have gotten my life back after 20 years of anguish. thanks Obama.
Like · Reply · 42 · March 25 at 9:39am
Blake Frink Because of the ACA my wife and I were able to get affordable health insurance. I would also add that I can think of five friends, off the top of my head, who have directly benefited from the ACA. Let's take it one step further and get a single payer system.
Like · Reply · 42 · March 24 at 9:22pm
Carolyn Maher Nelson The ACA has saved me $ on co-payments, and my son was eligible to stay on my insurance while he finishes school. Some one I know with cancer, who makes frequent visits to the ER, commented recently how the ER is so much less crowded now than it used to be, and service is so much quicker. I believe that's because the previously uninsured are now getting primary care in clinics, rather than the ER, saving us ALL $.
Like · Reply · 42 · March 24 at 11:56am
Marlene Lund My 63-year old sister, who was laid off from her job last year and has recently been diagnosed with a degenerative neurological disease, has been able to get very affordable, comprehensive health insurance coverage on the national exchange, thanks to t...See More
Like · Reply · 42 · March 24 at 10:59am
Clark Elerson I know several people in my majority republican county who have finally been able to get healthcare because of the ACA. As far as issues with taxes, the fear about penalties was falsely created by republicans and have not heard from anyone who is in my circle of middle class Americans who faced a penalty for opting out.
Like · Reply · 42 · March 24 at 6:00am
8 Replies · 3 hours ago
Gary Downing Oh and when you were yelling it won't help people and it won't work, it will cost to much along with all of the yelling about the so called Scandals that have been found to be lies.. just like your lies about Obama care.. What are you doing telling people you work for them when you don't
Like · Reply · 99 · March 23 at 6:46pm
3 Replies
Arlene Nowak Obamacare savings, cmr, being used by repubs to balance THEIR budget--what?????????????????????????????
Like · Reply · 42 · March 23 at 6:12pm
Beverage Laakmann Can you say, "Backfire"???
Like · Reply · 41 · March 26 at 9:15am
Brent McMorris This is just another bogus solicitation for negative anecdotes, which is just like the last time this was done.
Certainly, the positive stories will outweigh the negative by 10-to-1, and yet (not surprisingly) your party will cull this unscientific s...See More
Like · Reply · 41 · March 24 at 12:51pm
3 Replies
Brian Terry I certainly hope that the folks posting their positive experiences with the ACA also understand that despite the glowing endorsements given here, Congresswoman Rodgers has ZERO interest in having her mind changed. This was an attempt to reinforce her ...See More
Like · Reply · 40 · March 26 at 8:21am
3 Replies
Melissa Myers People are insured that had not been. And apparently you are an idiot on filing taxes...If insured it's a check mark.
Like · Reply · 40 · March 26 at 7:56am
Kevin Thomas Garcia For the first time as a freelancer, I have an option to affordable insurance that actually covers something rather than having to pay over $1,000 a month for ####### coverage. It's certainly not perfect, but have you given us any better ideas? Perhaps the GOP could build up our president rather than always tear him down!
Like · Reply · 40 · March 26 at 7:30am
Eric Leser I'm a physician at A County hospital. My patients now have better healthcare coverage, get their prescriptions filled on time, and my hospital actually gets paid for its services. The system isn't perfect but it's better than what we had. Good job Obama!
Like · Reply · 40 · March 26 at 5:52am
Ed Byrnes We could join the majority of the western world and go to a single payer system based on generous salaries paid directly to health care providers instead of an arcane fee-for-service system.
Like · Reply · 40 · March 24 at 9:36am
3 Replies
Marcie Bratcher So miserable and yet your party members have still failed to present an alternative. After all, ACA was your party's idea in the first place. The party that is never happy...
Like · Reply · 40 · March 23 at 7:30pm
9 Replies · 3 hours ago
irina g I know people with preexisting conditions, who can now afford healthcare. No reason why one of the wealthiest nations on earth can't provide affordable healthcare for its citizens. I hope that our representatives work to make this system even better.
Like · Reply · 39 · March 26 at 9:06am
Todd Wheeler Lower unemployment, higher Dow, less national debt.....
Like · Reply · 39 · March 24 at 10:53am
Bonnie Bernas Lindsay So Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rogers when are you going to reply to all these positive comments? Sure would like to hear your take on it.
Like · Reply · 38 · March 26 at 12:23pm
1 Reply
Susan Ives Hey Cathy, I can't tell you how grateful I am to those in office who had the vision and dedication to justice to ensure that all Americans can get affordable health care. It's such a waste of time for you and your colleagues to continue to flog the health care law. Why don't you get to work doing what you were hired to do--helping your constituents.
Like · Reply · 38 · March 26 at 9:28am
1 Reply
Taylor Parkinson My dad runs a small business. Thanks to the ACA he can provide health coverage to his employees, all of whom have families that are now covered.
Thank you, ACA!
Like · Reply · 38 · March 26 at 9:02am
Debra Cheatham Reece I couldn't get insurance before the ACA because of a preexisting condition. Mind you, I have no medical expenses because of it--but just the fact that I had it made health insurance impossible for me. The ACA allowed me health insurance for the first t...See More
Like · Reply · 38 · March 25 at 11:29am
Gene Lebron Sounds like this post backfired on you. People who are still trying to deny the overwhelming success of the ACA are just playing politics and not looking at facts.
Like · Reply · 38 · March 25 at 5:30am · Edited
Blake Carter Instead of looking for stories that fit the narrative you're trying to perpetuate, why don't you try something new and tell the truth?
Quit trying to manipulate American citizens to agree with a stance that's against their own interest. Focus on bettering the country, not following party lines.
Like · Reply · 39 · March 25 at 5:21am
Dan Avery So if your constituents dont have the kind of story you say you want to hear, you won't listen to them? You're a real gem
Like · Reply · 37 · March 25 at 7:15pm
1 Reply
Tim Shaw I was diagnosed with stage 4 non-hodgkins lymphoma when i was 29. It ruined me financially for over a decade and a half and I HAD to have a job which offered health benefits for most of my adult life because no one would cover me. Now, I have coverag...See More
Like · Reply · 37 · March 25 at 1:32pm
2 Replies · 2 hours ago
Lenny O'Donnell work on sculpting it into something better instead of knocking it down like a dolt!!! Be original work together!!!
Like · Reply · 37 · March 24 at 11:57am

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Timeline

Awesome. If I had to take a guess on whether the Congresswoman now changes her position on Obamacare seeing that she has gotten this overwhelming positive feedback from constituents, I'd say - right after hell freezes over. It's not like she actually cares what the people think. But if I've ever seen anything backfire, this is it.

Interesting, too, this bit from Reuters on the subject of the benefits of Obamacare and the human cost of Republican obstructionism:

More diabetes cases diagnosed after Medicaid expansion

Reuters Health) – - U.S. states that expanded their Medicaid programs under the Affordable Care Act have seen larger increases in diabetes cases than states that didn’t expand their programs, a new study shows.

The findings suggest that expanding Medicaid, the government-run health insurance for the poor, allows people with diabetes to be diagnosed earlier than before, which may improve outcomes later on, the researchers say.

"This is important because diabetes is becoming more prevalent as the population gets older,” said Dr. Harvey Kaufman, lead author of the study and senior medical director at Quest Diagnostics, which funded the analysis.

In the early stages of the disease, people can make lifestyle changes and get care that helps delay complications, he added. If left untreated, diabetes can lead to vision loss, kidney failure, nerve problems and amputations of the legs and feet, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The agency says $176 billion is spent on diabetes and its complications each year.

Diabetes occurs when the body can't properly use or make enough of the hormone insulin to convert blood sugar into energy, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).

About one in nine adults has diabetes, according to the WHO. Type 2 diabetes accounts for the vast majority of cases and is linked to obesity and advanced age.

Kaufman and colleagues focused their research on the hemoglobin A1c test, which measures the average blood sugar level for the past two or three months.

Using Quest Diagnostics’ database of lab tests, which includes about 150 million patient encounters annually, they counted how many people had at least one blood sugar test that was negative before Medicaid expansion and positive afterwards.

In January 2014, 26 states expanded access to Medicaid and 24 did not.

Where more people got Medicaid, newly diagnosed diabetes cases among Medicaid recipients surged 23 percent, from 14,625 in the first six months of 2013 to 18,020 in the first six months of 2014. In states that didn't expand Medicaid, diagnosis increased just 0.4 percent.

People are considered diabetic when their A1c level is at least 6.5 percent. Where Medicaid was expanded, the average A1c levels of newly diagnosed diabetes patients was 7.96 percent, compared with 8.14 percent in non-expansion states.

"It was apparent in the non-expansion states that you are making diagnosis at a later stage when they are presenting at the hospital with complications," said Dr. Robert Ratner, chief scientific and medical officer of the American Diabetes Association.

"The earlier you catch the disease, the easier it is to treat, and the more responsive it is and the more stable it can be," said Ratner, who wasn't involved in the study.

While more women in the study had diabetes, the increase in diagnosis was steeper for men. Gains were also greater for older people, aged 50 to 64, than for individuals aged 19 to 49.

The study had some limitations, including its reliance only on records from blood sugar tests done by Quest Diagnostics and its lack of clinical information. It's also possible that some patients tested at Quest might have been diagnosed prior to the start of the study period.

Because it's only based on tests at Quest, "you don't know 100 percent if this was a new diagnosis, and not something the patient might have already known," said Dr. Benjamin Sommers, a health economist at Harvard University. "But the overall study design makes a lot of sense."

The number of newly diagnosed diabetes cases in the states where Medicaid expanded bodes well for the detection of other chronic health conditions which, like diabetes, may not immediately cause symptoms that are easy for patients to detect on their own, Sommers said.

"With the expanded coverage, you're not going to diagnose more broken bones because whether or not they have insurance, when somebody breaks a leg they are going to get an x-ray," said Sommers, who wasn't involved in the study.

"These findings with diabetes may be the tip of the iceberg, and you can imagine similar outcomes for earlier detection of high blood pressure, or cancer, or mental illness."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome. If I had to take a guess on whether the Congresswoman now changes her position on Obamacare seeing that she has gotten this overwhelming positive feedback from constituents, I'd say - right after hell freezes over. It's not like she actually cares what the people think. But if I've ever seen anything backfire, this is it.

Interesting, too, this bit from Reuters on the subject of the benefits of Obamacare and the human cost of Republican obstructionism:

Obviously the ACA is causing this epidemic of diabetes, its not because folks can now go to the doctor.

I read dozens of postings on her topic and found two Anti-Obama care statements, 1 anecdote that might be a horror story( not from Washington) and hundreds of parents, employers, self employed, graduates, pre-existing condition patients that had a real life success story from the program. (almost all from Washington state)

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The thing is you could probably have found a similar volume of horror stories before obamacare. This sort of thing is used to create false assumptions about the health care system, not because there aren't problems but because it isn't an objective analysis of the present situation or the past. Anecdotal scare stories can be found about pretty much anything.

Edited by Fishdude

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Did you read the one about this local grocery store that employed over 1,000 people who made in excess of 60K a year? They had to close their doors because of Obamacare. They were hit so hard no evidence of their existence survives...

Obviously the ACA is causing this epidemic of diabetes, its not because folks can now go to the doctor.

I read dozens of postings on her topic and found two Anti-Obama care statements, 1 anecdote that might be a horror story( not from Washington) and hundreds of parents, employers, self employed, graduates, pre-existing condition patients that had a real life success story from the program. (almost all from Washington state)

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org