Teamsami

Flying to Egypt to support me

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hey visa journey

i am new here but i want to thank you all for all the info i got from this website and how much helpful this is .

i would like to know is having my wife with me flying over during the time of my interview and be living with me in Egypt . i understand she cant be with me in the interview tho but showing that its her second visit and its already planned before even knowing when is the interview date and when the co ask me imma tell them that she is here in Cairo with me showing her entry thro cairo airport and all that stuff to prove she is resident in the country with me , would that mean anything to the CO the day of interview or its all the same to them . Would it be somthin supportive or they would take as i am doing all this in purpose to mess lead them or somthin which ofcourse i am not .

waiting to hear from u guys thanks in advance :)

Timeline

I was with my husband in Egypt before his Interview

So thro his interview did that come up some how , i mean do u think it played a role in your approval , thx tho

Timeline

Of course the CO asked my husband where was I now.But I been In Egypt many times with visits 2 to 4 months I stayed at a time.So no I think just coming to Egypt just because of the Interview will give a Visa aproval.

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Timeline

Of course the CO asked my husband where was I now.But I been In Egypt many times with visits 2 to 4 months I stayed at a time.So no I think just coming to Egypt just because of the Interview will give a Visa aproval.

thank u and u absolutely right it make sense , but u see we booked her flight before even petitioning her time in egypt was considence with the awhole interview date we had no attention to do that for the interview . so i guess that would be something positive .

Timeline

Yes but look at it through their eyes ...you know what I mean...But being there for support is great. Relax we are wishing you the best

I guess that I was looking to hear from people who may have had their wives visit only one time versus two, if that would make a difference. Putting myself in their shoes I know that a visit won't guarantee a visa, cases are so complex, but more than one visit would certainly be more proof of an ongoing relationship. Thank u for ur wishes...so kind :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

"Face time" (time spent in person) can be one of the chief determinants in the consular officer's mind.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I also having the Petitioner with you during the interview time, will help a lot. However, keep in mind the domicile requirements. In my case (which is not yet interviewed) has my wife staying with me for the past year, however, I am worried about the domicile requirements, so planning to have her in the US before interview. Then after approval ISA I go to her.

Also another point, is how would you proof to the CO that your wife is waiting for you outside? As far as I know she is not allowed to attend the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She has visited you once and on that trip you married?

How long was it for?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

how would you proof to the CO that your wife is waiting for you outside? As far as I know she is not allowed to attend the interview.

The petitioner hands his/her U.S. passport to the beneficiary, who hands it to the CO. This scores many favorable points and might even result in the petitioner's invitation into the interview.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

The petitioner hands his/her U.S. passport to the beneficiary, who hands it to the CO. This scores many favorable points and might even result in the petitioner's invitation into the interview.

now that is a wonderful idea , thanks alot

Timeline

now that is a wonderful idea , thanks alot

Not In Egypt My Husband had my passport and the CO knew I was their.Petitioners are not allowed in.Did the petitioner come before ? how many visits? You have to look at it through the CO's eyes

Edited by AYMAN_RINA

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.