GuidedbyGODkatval

What year of tax returns will they need?

7 posts in this topic

If you file in August 2015, then 2014 will be the most recent tax year. You will only be halfway through the 2015 tax year at that point.

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi. If I am filing my n400 on the august, what tax year will they be looking? Will it be 2012-2014 or 2013-2015?

You can't file your 2015 return until next year.

If you apply in August, you need to include your 2012, 2013, and 2014 (which you are filing this year) returns or transcripts.

This is assuming your are filing a marriage-based application.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Oh that's right. Forgot that this years filing is for 2014. Thanks. until when can I amend tax 2012? I know if i will amend it, i am not going to owe IRS anything. My husband and daughter was claimed by my mom-in-law. So if I am amending it, I will only be amending to change the filing status. That's what the tax preparer said. Do you guys think I can explain it to the officer?

I think someone on VJ recently said 3 years, but don't take my word for it. I found this site (but didn't read all the way through it, but it should tell you what you need): http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc308.html

K1 Visa Process AOS Process

Mar 18 2013: I-129F mailed to CSC Nov 15 2013: I-485 with EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox

Sept 19 2013: Interview - Approved!! Jan 25 2014: EAD/AP Card Received

Oct 6 2013: POE - Chicago O'Hare June 2 2014: Permanent Resident Card Received!

Oct 27 2013: Wedding!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Haiti
Timeline

I will be applying for Citizenship next month based on 5 years rule so no tax transcripts is necessary for me. The big yellow envelop is flat and light with little paperwork needed.

Yeah. I know its 3 years. I just couldnt file an amendment for my 2012 tax return for some reason. Thats why im asking if its ok that i didnt amend my 2012 because it doesnt have to be amende? Do you think it will arise problems? 2013 was amended and change our filing status from single to MFJ. 2014 was done correctly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.