joeygen

Advice on Bringing Brother to US from Nicaragua

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Petitioning for relative, brother or parents will take couple of years anyway....it is a long period to wait.

Maybe he want to consider bringing him here for studying in US or on tourist visa and then petition for asylum.

Your friend should consult a lawyer, if you need I can advice you one, she is doing a very good job.

What on earth are you suggesting?

Very very silly.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

The issues your friend needs to consider are:

1 - His current mental state. The suicide attempt would disqualify many applicants. They specifically ask for this at the medical interview and will need evidence that the person is in recovery and has been treated. I would suggest he seeks treatment at home first before even thinking of immigrating anywhere. It is something that is more important than anything in his life at the moment and needs to be addressed as soon as possible. The immigration process in itself is very stressful and I would not suggest someone enters into it to escape a mental condition.

2 - Family based Visas can take many, many years to obtain as others have pointed out. Unfortunately there is no quick fix around this.

Edited by UKUS123

Petitioning for relative, brother or parents will take couple of years anyway....it is a long period to wait.

Maybe he want to consider bringing hime here for studying in US or on tourist visa and then petition for asylum.

Your friend should consult a lawyer, if you need I can advice you one, she is doing a very good job.

What you are suggesting is known as Visa Fraud.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

What you are suggesting is known as Visa Fraud.

Since when student visa or asylum is a visa fraud?

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-07-12

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-09-27

RFE Reply(s) : 2014-10-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-10

NVC: Case Creation Date: 2014-10-28

NVC: Case sent to the Consulate: 2014-10-29

NVC: Case arrived to the Consulate: 2014-10-31

Received Instructions from the Consulate: 2014-11-05

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Interview date: 2014-12-2 :dancing:

Result: APPROVED

Date of entry in US: 2015-01-12

Date of Marriage: 2015-02-19

AOS, EAD & AP sent: 2015-03-11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Because the Op has no posted anything suggesting the beneficiary has a cause to request asylum, and claiming falsey they are would be immigration fraud. Now let's get back to constructive advice, please.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Those are not fraud but using them in the way you mentioned sounded fraudulent.

A student visa is a non-immigrant visa - the person is supposed to return home at the end of their studies.

If their sole purpose for acquiring the student visa was to eventually apply for asylum and stay in the US, then this is considered fraud.

Just warning you from my limited knowledge.

Timeline

It does not sound fraudulent, it is about as fraudulent a suggestion as I have ever seen on VJ.

Fraudulent visitor or student visa application leading up to a fraudulent amnesty application.

Surprised it has not been deleted etc etc

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Because the Op has no posted anything suggesting the beneficiary has a cause to request asylum, and claiming falsey they are would be immigration fraud. Now let's get back to constructive advice, please.

We don't know the whole story. I did not suggest him to claim it falsely.... never. This said, I never suggested him to do immigration fraud.

If this kind of decision applies to his brother situation he can use it. Maybe he just doesn't know about this kind of opportunity.

Edited by kap6unka

Dropped off all the documents requested for the interview at the Consulate (we dont have Packet 3&4): 2014-11-17

Timeline

Those are not fraud but using them in the way you mentioned sounded fraudulent.

A student visa is a non-immigrant visa - the person is supposed to return home at the end of their studies.

If their sole purpose for acquiring the student visa was to eventually apply for asylum and stay in the US, then this is considered fraud.

Just warning you from my limited knowledge.

I never suggested anything fraudulent. What's wrong with you guys today.

Coming on student visa and study here is as right as anything else. After he finishes his studies he gets OPT, that allows him to stay legally in US another year in order to find a job here. If he gets lucky, his employer can petition him for H1B work visa and so on.

Don't be so limited in thinking and do more research on the topic.

I never implied or said to get a student visa with purpose of then getting asylum or do anything fraudulent.

There are many different ways to get legal to US and stay legal here.

That's why I suggested him to consult a lawyer, because those guys know much more then all of us here do, and know legal ways to help him to get his brother to US.

Timeline

Maybe he want to consider bringing hime here for studying in US or on tourist visa and then petition for asylum.

Pretty clear.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

****** ENOUGH! The discussion on asylum ends here. Get back to the topic of the Op or we'll need to start with thread bans *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.