LibCampFireClub

****BREAKING****Bowe Bergdahl to be Charged as Deserter

138 posts in this topic

big dog!!!! bring back the colbert jpg!!! ^^^^^^^loook^^^^^^^

did someone say anything about those 5 being isis leaders in this thread?

isn't that what the jpg xxclosedxx posted was referring to? he didn't really explain.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Snopes already disproved that...

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/bergdahlisis.asp#Fs2jDPd5gtOgkCET.99

Claim: Prisoners swapped in exchange for the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are now "ISIS leaders."

image: http://www.snopes.com/images/content-divider.gif

content-divider.gif

image: http://www.snopes.com/images/red.gif

red.gifFALSE

image: http://www.snopes.com/images/content-divider.gif

content-divider.gif
Example: [Collected via email, September 2014]

THREE OF FIVE DETAINEES SWAPPED by OBAMA ARE NOW ISIS LEADERS?

Just saw this online article from the National Report & want to know if it is true. I don't think it is but I have friends posting it as true on FB. Thanks.

Origins: On 13 September 2014, National Report published an article regarding the fate of at least one of the five prisoners exchanged to broker the release of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. According to the site, Mullah Mohammed Fazi, "one of the five Guantanamo Bay detainees released by the Obama administration in exchange for Bowe Bergdahl," has steadily risen through the ranks of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as ISIS (or ISIL.)

Initially, reaction to the release of Bergdahl was positive. Rather quickly, however, the story took an unexpected turn, with many objecting to the prisoner exchange and release of five Guantanamo Bay detainees. One common objection pertained to the suspected danger posed to American citizens by the release of the five prisoners.

During the months following Bergdahl's release, concern over ISIS has escalated in the media. News that one or more of the prisoners exchanged for the soldier had joined forces with ISIS plays into the political back-and-forth surrounding both of the issues, and the National Report article claims:

Reports indicate that Fazi, classified by a 2008 Pentagon dossier as being considered a high risk to the United States if released, appears to be heavily engaged in the systematic murder of Iraqs non-Sunni population. Internal Pentagon assessments say the strategy of wholesale slaughter carried out in ISIS occupied territories very well could have originated with Fazi. Many of the same techniques were utilized by the Taliban in Afghanistan to consolidate and strengthen their position under Mohammed Fazi’s direction.

... The Obama administration is worried that news of Fazi's emergence as a top commander in ISIS will worsen public perception of both the terrorist swap for Bergdahl and the GAO's findings of illegal activity. The two events, taken together, could generate sufficient fallout to derail some of the political agenda President Obama has for the remainder of his 'lame duck' term. The White House has gone into full damage control mode regarding both developments.

The article goes on to "quote" John McCain as condemning President Obama over the purported recent development:

"The GAO has clearly declared that President Obama broke the law," said Senator McCain. 'The prisoner that President Obama illegally ordered released has joined another group hostile to our country and has led our enemies in the murder, rape and torture of innocent men, women and children. I personally can't imagine anything worse a sitting President could do. In my mind it rises to the level of an impeachable offense."

The original claim involved Fazi, but later iterations stretched the tale to include two more of his fellow former detainees. Of course, as ISIS remains a political hot potato and with the inclusion of the complicating factor involving the contentious release of Bergdahl, you'd imagine that this story would be reported across major mainstream news sites should such a circumstance come to pass.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/bergdahlisis.asp#XlzBWAjCmiQmOyuB.99

did someone say anything about those 5 being isis leaders in this thread?

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I don't think s/he could understand it, much less explain...

isn't that what the jpg xxclosedxx posted was referring to? he didn't really explain.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I thought his post was about people racking up their credit cards.

Filed: Other Timeline

Many are indeed.. Now go back and look in this very post at how many are disrespectful to the commander and chief of that military.

This ain't North Korea dude. Go back and check your privilege and discover that the commander in chief of the US military must also EARN the respect of the troops who fight and die. This guy, in the white house, engaged in a pattern of behavior so egregious that it earned him the honorable mention of toilet bowl dude among those in the military. Check it out. See how the military feels about him. By the way, I don't represent them. I'm but one person. Going after me doesn't validate your point, or anyone elses'. It simply substantiates mine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

tick tock - tis past 3:30 EDT - announcement posted, aye?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I thought his post was about people racking up their credit cards.

i counted five brown people next to an image of the potus so the connection was made but not sure where credit cards fit in. unless we're talking about how the potus uses murican tax dollars like a cc without a limit..amirite???

Just because the dude ran away he doesn't deserve to die. You aren't going to get me to agree with this. That is just barbaric

Janelle,

Desertion during wartime can be punishable by death. It's been in the UCMJ forever. One of the things they teach you in Boot Camp, and you are reminded of it if you are deployed to such places as Afghanistan and Iraq. So, in that regards, Exexpat is right. If Bergdahl is proven to have deserted his post and aided and abeited the enemy, he would be executed, but they haven't done this in a while. Usually, you'd get slapped with an Article 15 and some restrictions and forfeiture of pay.

But on the flip side, there's another article few people here ignore that used to serve in the United States Military. Guess they've forgotten...

military: http://www.army.mil/article/73367/Social_media_misuse_punishable_under_UCMJ/

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

i counted five brown people next to an image of the potus so the connection was made but not sure where credit cards fit in. unless we're talking about how the potus uses murican tax dollars like a cc without a limit..amirite???

I'm thinkin you're on to something there. Either that or the Mooslim connection. When in doubt I always go Mooslim.

This ain't North Korea dude. Go back and check your privilege and discover that the commander in chief of the US military must also EARN the respect of the troops who fight and die. This guy, in the white house, engaged in a pattern of behavior so egregious that it earned him the honorable mention of toilet bowl dude among those in the military. Check it out. See how the military feels about him. By the way, I don't represent them. I'm but one person. Going after me doesn't validate your point, or anyone elses'. It simply substantiates mine.

http://www.army.mil/article/73367/Social_media_misuse_punishable_under_UCMJ/

Commenting, posting or linking to material that violates the UCMJ or basic rules of Soldier conduct is prohibited," said Staff Sgt. Dale Sweetnam of the Online and Social Media Division, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs. "Talking negatively about supervisors or releasing sensitive information is punishable under the UCMJ. It's never appropriate to be disrespectful of superior officers or NCOs (noncommissioned officers), no matter if you're in the company area or posting to Facebook at your desk at home."

Looks like you've been out too long and forgotten the very rules you swore to uphold. You want to dictate punishment others, but constantly disrespect the Commander in Chief.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Timeline

http://www.army.mil/article/73367/Social_media_misuse_punishable_under_UCMJ/

Commenting, posting or linking to material that violates the UCMJ or basic rules of Soldier conduct is prohibited," said Staff Sgt. Dale Sweetnam of the Online and Social Media Division, Office of the Chief of Public Affairs. "Talking negatively about supervisors or releasing sensitive information is punishable under the UCMJ. It's never appropriate to be disrespectful of superior officers or NCOs (noncommissioned officers), no matter if you're in the company area or posting to Facebook at your desk at home."

Looks like you've been out too long and forgotten the very rules you swore to uphold. You want to dictate punishment others, but constantly disrespect the Commander in Chief.

But those aren't real rules, I'm sure. They're more like guidelines, right?