raptorbay

Question about 30/60 intent rule

69 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why do you call people who do it the RIGHT way and speak up against ABUSING that immigration law loophole haters?

Oh wait, you are adjusting from a tourist visa too.

K1 maybe the majority here, but overall represent a small percentage of those adjusting.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If adjusting from visitors visa was a fraud then will not be permitted. But everything which is permitted by law it's not a fraud.

K1 is when you want to come here and marry

But if you are already here... why not marry and adjust status???

TOTALLY LEGAL as long as it's a BONA FIDE MARRIAGE which you have to prove!

Omg how many haters here.

They are already married and she's been going back and forth, the last time for good. Nothing you said describeds their situation.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

The AOS "loophole" isn't a loophole, it's from law written to accomplish exactly what AOS does. It's a relief provided because someone decided that it's an unnecessary burden to request someone that's already in the country and is going to eventually immigrate to go back to their original country to get a new visa.

There are questions on the wisdom of AOS and AOS for B1/B2. Some think that the this is a national security vulnerability because it allows people to come in without Department of State inspection. Some think that allowing B1/B2 visas to use AOS provides bad incentives for overstays. Seems that VJers concern is that "OMG STOP THIS IT'S CUTTING IN LINE".

May 29th, 2015 - Sent AOS package

June 1, 2015 - Package received by USCIS

June 4, 2015 - Biometrics Fee Accepted

June 20, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment Letter Received

June 30, 2015 - Biometrics Appointment

August 6, 2015 - I-131 approved

August 6, 2015 - Your card was ordered

August 7, 2015 - I-765 approved

August 20, 2015 - EAD received

Timeline

If there is a security issue, too late they are here.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

True

those that get married ona B1 are overstaying their original visa. The #1 reason B1/B2 visas are denied is because the applicant is presumed to have immigrant intent. Edited by ascertainLovE

Timeline

those that get married ona B1 are overstaying their original visa. The #1 reason B1/B2 visas are denied is because the applicant is presumed to have immigrant intent.

I doubt many adjust from a B1.

Those that do may have overstayed, not an issue when adjusting through marriage to a USC.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

People being allowed to adjust from tourist visa IS a loophole.

When someone on a tourist visa enters the US, he will obviously say at POE that he has no intent to immigrate because if he said otherwise, he wouldn't even be let into the country. All the tourist visa adjusters claim to "have changed their mind" while being in the US.

But who exactly checks what their REAL intent was? Based on the AOS interview experiences I have read on this site, the only thing that can happen to them is the immigration officer asking "what was your intent when you entered the country" and they just have to say "no intent to say" and bamm they get their green card.

I came to visit my then-fiance/now-husband on ESTA but it never even crossed my mind that I should stay. Boy, we love each other madly and it was so hard to say our "see you laters" at the airport. But we knew that the K1 visa is the right thing to do. And by the way I don't get how can one simply "change his mind" and stay? Don't they have a job, school, family, pets, etc in their home country?!

How exactly does this affect your personal life? If you feel so strongly about it, go into politics and get the system changed. Whining about it on an online forum does no one any good.

• 04/15/2014: POE, Seattle, WA (VWP)

• 06/28/2014: Married!

07/17/2014: Sent in I-130 & I-485 to Chicago

07/20/2014: USCIS receives AOS package

07/25/2014: Received NOA via e-mail and text

07/28/2014: Received NOA hardcopies via mail

08/05/2014: Received letter biometrics appointment

08/07/2014: Received RFE regarding tax return

08/18/2014: Biometrics

09/29/2014: Sent in RFE response

11/04/2014: EAD approved

11/04/2014: AOS interview ready to be scheduled

11/10/2014: Received EAD card

01/02/2015: AOS interview date set

01/09/2015: Received interview date via mail

02/03/2015: AOS interview Seattle field office: Approved!

02/03/2015: Green Card production ordered

02/04/2015: USCIS Welcome notice mailed

Timeline

Do you feel better about yourself now? Of course all I can do is whining on an online forum. You got what you wanted, you got your green card, be more humble.

You presume to know even the first thing about me, ma'am. I suggest you take your own advice and be more humble yourself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

How exactly does this affect your personal life? If you feel so strongly about it, go into politics and get the system changed. Whining about it on an online forum does no one any good.

you experienced ZERO hardship in the process. Really, immigration was a piece of cake for you. You just hopped on a plane "changed your mind" and lived happily ever after. Who are you to tell how people to feel when they are separated from their loved ones for close to or more than a year in some cases? The VWP and visitor's visas are not intended for marrying. Just because something is permitted/excused doesn't make it right either. I can go on and on about standards of behavior throughout history that were legal yet wrong in a moral sense.

Timeline

you experienced ZERO hardship in the process. Really, immigration was a piece of cake for you. You just hopped on a plane "changed your mind" and lived happily ever after. Who are you to tell how people to feel when they are separated from their loved ones for close to or more than a year in some cases? The VWP and visitor's visas are not intended for marrying. Just because something is permitted/excused doesn't make it right either. I can go on and on about standards of behavior throughout history that were legal yet wrong in a moral sense.

Lol. Zero hardship, really? More proof that you have no idea what people go through, all you see is "omg AoS from VWP!" and presume that everything is premeditated.

Timeline

Lol. Zero hardship, really? More proof that you have no idea what people go through, all you see is "omg AoS from VWP!" and presume that everything is premeditated.

picard-facepalm.jpg
Mature. Why do you insist on making yourself look like an utter fool? Are you an adult or a spoiled little girl? Edited by blueniv

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.