LibCampFireClub

Did Germanwings plane's windscreen CRACK?

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Unless pilot went to the bathroom, leaving copilot to have a heart-attack on the control stick... these poor poor people were murdered. Officials have to know more than what's being let on.

Absolutely anything could have happened. But, since I don't work for the NTSB and have not signed a non-disclosure agreement with the organizer of the investigation, I consider Occams Razor, which simply states that the simplest explanation is probably true.

So, what are the chances of one pilot getting locked out of the cabin? That's a tough enough and rare event. Now, add to that that while one pilot exits the cockpit and leaves the controls to the other pilot, who appears in good health and full command of the aircraft. It's not likely to add a heart attack to the only pilot now in the cockpit on top of the other being locked out.

Could both events happen? Yes. Anything can happen, but not everything is ikely provided what is publicly known at this moment.

Edited by xxClosedxx

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Val, let's be realistic... I see a pattern taking shape and emerging, ever so slowly..

c06.jpg

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

All that left wing peeeee, which in their minds think it's rain, and fresh, and sweet, and good to drink. Yuck. It ain't.

So, whether some wingnut crashes a jet and murders all the occupants for personal, or religious reasons, it's a serious event.

The Crash of EgyptAir 990
Two years afterward the U.S. and Egyptian governments are still quarreling over the cause—a clash that grows out of cultural division, not factual uncertainty. A look at the flight data from a pilot's perspective, with the help of simulations of the accident, points to what the Egyptians must already know: the crash was caused not by any mechanical failure but by a pilot's intentional act
I remember first hearing about the accident early in the morning after the airplane went down. It was October 31, 1999, Halloween morning. I was in my office when a fellow pilot, a former flying companion, phoned with the news: It was EgyptAir Flight 990, a giant twin-engine Boeing 767 on the way from New York to Cairo, with 217 people aboard. It had taken off from Kennedy Airport in the middle of the night, climbed to 33,000 feet, and flown normally for half an hour before mysteriously plummeting into the Atlantic Ocean sixty miles south of Nantucket. Rumor had it that the crew had said nothing to air-traffic control, that the flight had simply dropped off the New York radar screens. Soon afterward an outbound Air France flight had swung over the area, and had reported no fires in sight—only a dim and empty ocean far below. It was remotely possible that Flight 990 was still in the air somewhere, diverting toward a safe landing.
But sometime around daybreak a Merchant Marine training ship spotted debris floating on the waves—aluminum scraps, cushions and clothing, some human remains. The midshipmen on board gagged from the stench of jet fuel—a planeload of unburned kerosene rising from shattered tanks on the ocean floor, about 250 feet below. By the time rescue ships and helicopters arrived, it was obvious that there would be no survivors. I remember reacting to the news with regret for the dead, followed by a thought for the complexity of the investigation that now lay ahead. This accident had the markings of a tough case. The problem was not so much the scale of the carnage—a terrible consequence of the 767's size—but, rather, the still-sketchy profile of the upset that preceded it, this bewildering fall out of the sky on a calm night, without explanation, during an utterly uncritical phase of the flight.

Tomorrow, French officials must face the world press and provide a palatable explanation as to why one wingnut pilot locked the cockpit door and refused to open it. Then, proceeded to deliberately crash the plane and murder everyone on board and send himself to some other place to earn a merit badge.

Tomorrow, French officials must face the world press and provide a palatable explanation as to why one wingnut pilot locked the cockpit door and refused to open it. Then, proceeded to deliberately crash the plane and murder everyone on board and send himself to some other place to earn a merit badge.

What boggles my mind is that initially we were so quick to say it wasn't terrorism when this happened. Terrorists are insane murdering persons. Insane persons that are suicidal and not affiliated with an organization but still have the happiest intent to mass murder are still terrorists too. They are all the same to me.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This horrifying turn of events gets even more horrifying...

Timeline

I think they were quickly to dismiss anything that hadn't actually happened or that couldn't be proven. They were quick to distance themselves from speculation. I find it obscene that anyone should wish these 150 people had been murdered at the hands of a terrorist only to suit their skewed version of reality, as though the family of these victims had not enough sadness as is. Terrorism wins when you start seeing terrorists in everyone and everywhere. Pathetic indeed, but for some it has become a way of life. Textbook self inflicted cognitive dissonance.

What boggles my mind is that initially we were so quick to say it wasn't terrorism when this happened. Terrorists are insane murdering persons. Insane persons that are suicidal and not affiliated with an organization but still have the happiest intent to mass murder are still terrorists too. They are all the same to me.

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Without speculating on the NY Times report one pilot was heard knocking then banging on the cockpit door per se, the reality is said door was unlock able from the outside by using a key code. Seems dubious on the face of it that a pilot could be locked out given that actual fact coupled with the fact that the door opens outward so it would be hard to see how it could be locked or blocked from the inside.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Your analysis is flawed, but predictable especially regarding this thread and a couple of others trending now. Nothing anyone has written in this thread suggests there is a terrorist behind every tree. To the contrary, you and several others make routine attempts to openly mock, and scream alarmism when:

1. Hands up don't shoot called out for what it is

2. Any claim that the current white house has worsened race relations in America

3. Any mention of terror

4. Any mention that the majority of terrorist events are perpetrated by radical islam

After 911, Colon Powell told the American people to NOT walk around in fear, because that is not part of being American. He was right on with that.

He then said, be vigilant. He was right on with that too.

So, are we and the world a safer place than we were on 911? It's not even close as testified by virtually every senior NSA, CIA, FBI, and Pentagon official. They state in unison that they've never seen anything like the barack 0bama's JayVee team. The threats are real, the threats are significant, and there is horrific evidence of just how far these madmen will go to kill non-believers.

Being vigilant does not imply being paranoid or living in fear, or seeing things as so many clever posters assert today in this very thread.

***Note: This reply was directed at JohnR

Edited by xxClosedxx

Timeline

The whole thing is strange. There are rules that the cockpit must always be occupied by two persons. If the copilot should need to leave, another member from the crew is asked to keep the pilot company. There should be an explanation as to why one person was left alone in the cockpit and what happened that rendered that person unresponsive. A heart attack and a small nudge on the throttle would have been enough to make the plane start on a slow descent, such as the one observed here. Speculation on suicide falls short of explaining the slow descent - it would have been easier to pitch the plane in a vertical plunge towards the ground. Terrorism doesn't seem to hold either for it would be more destructive to fly the plane into any of the several villages at the bottom of the Alps.

I guess we will need to wait for real evidence before making a call.

Without speculating on the NY Times report one pilot was heard knocking then banging on the cockpit door per se, the reality is said door was unlock able from the outside by using a key code. Seems dubious on the face of it that a pilot could be locked out given that actual fact coupled with the fact that the door opens outward so it would be hard to see how it could be locked or blocked from the inside.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

We aren't investigators on the scene, but imho there's only two scenarios that could of happened here, and the worst one of them all most likely did, given what we are reading now. It's terrible. It's horrific. And whomever did it, if a medical emergency is ruled out, was a sick individual. The dead must be honoured, the families supported, and the reasons why must be uncovered.

The whole thing is indeed very odd. But from what I'm hearing, simply falling over on a stick in this manner would not of put the plane down in the manner that it did. Yes it does seem odd that it was such a controlled decent instead of what you would think should be something rapid if done intentionally, Yes, there is a pincode the pilot can enter to get in. However, this can also be disabled/overwritten from inside the cockpit. Security measures, as you wouldn't want someone to be forced to give up the passcode.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/aviation/germanwings-plane-crash-a320-pilot-says-copilot-can-be-locked-out-of-cockpit-20150326-1m82vb.html

An Australian A320 pilot, who declined to be named, said the locked flight deck of the aircraft could be entered using an emergency code on a keypad. In the case of the pilot flying the aircraft being incapacitated, the door will automatically open after a set period of time if the correct code is entered.

Advertisement

However, in the event a pilot flying the aircraft does not want the other pilot to enter the flight deck, the one in the cockpit has the ability to block entry if he reacts before the door would be opened automatically.

"If the person on the other side of the door says 'no', you can't get in," the Australian pilot said.

In the United States, many airlines have a "two in the cockpit" policy which means if one pilot exits to use the toilet or for any other reason, a flight attendant must then enter the flight deck.

It is understood the Civil Aviation Safety Authority does not require a second person in the cockpit at all times

It's possible this flight wasn't following our sort of protocol.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

If the door-locking pilot who commits mass murder story proves true, it will indeed rattle the sensibilities of all people in the world. The following is a story from the WSJ, which further corroborates.

Germanwings Pilot Locked Out of Cockpit Before Plane Crash
Airbus A320 crashed in French Alps with 150 people aboard
LONDON—One of the two pilots flying the Germanwings Airbus A320 jet that crashed in the French Alps on Tuesday with 150 people on board left the cockpit just before the plane began its descent, according to a person familiar with evidence from the plane’s recovered black box.
The crew member appears to have been unable to re-enter because the door was locked, said the person, confirming earlier reports in the New York Times and elsewhere. The person asked not to be named because he isn’t authorized to speak about the investigation.
Investigators are now exploring why the plane went into its unauthorized descent from its 38,000 foot cruising altitude with one crew member absent. The descent led to the crash about 10 minutes later.
French air accident investigators said on Wednesday they extracted information from the jet’s cockpit voice recorder. The recording contained voices and other sounds, said Rémi Jouty, director of France’s aviation accident investigation office, which is leading the probe. He added there was no explanation yet “why the plane went down.”
Germanwings hasn’t disclosed the identify of the pilots but a German official said the cockpit voice recorder captured the voice of German speakers.
“The pilots can be heard speaking in German on the recording,” said a German official, who declined to elaborate on what happened in the cockpit.
The BEA, France’s flight safety agency, had no immediate comment on the development.
Deutsche Lufthansa AG, the parent company of Germanwings, declined to comment.
The development came as French investigators continued to examine the site where Flight 9525 crashed en route from Barcelona to Düsseldorf.
The world watched as 0bama skipped the show of unity in France after the Charlie Hebdo disaster. Will 0bama stand in solidarity with the rest of the world this time and pledge unity to put an end to these terror events? Very unlikely.
Edited by xxClosedxx

This is what appears on the Germanwings website this morning.

Current information: Flight 4U9525
Köln 26/03/2015
26.03. 07.17 a. m.: Germanwings statement to recent media reports
There are media reports as to which one of the pilots supposedly has left the cockpit and was not able to get back in. We have not received any information from the authorities leading the investigation and therefore can neither confirm nor deny the reports of the New York Times. We are working on obtaining more information but will not participate in any kind of speculation. The investigation on what caused the accident falls to the responsible authorities.