Akram  Hamed

Still Administrative Processing All this time ! Any idea why ?

32 posts in this topic

Ap is a black hole, at least you know that your wife is in ap bcause they wanted an e-mail from you.

Many here are in ap without know why.

Just wait and be patient, all you can do.

I have a year in ap , you can e-mail, send letter and whatever and all the time you get same answer just wait.

But keep trying.

I do not have any advice as to how to get out of administrative processing, but I want to say that I sympathize with you. Cairo is notoriously difficult embassy due to the high rate of fraud. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

We went through AP two times that lasted a year combined for my husband's K1 visa through the US embassy in Cairo. Luckily for you, I think that we were the exception for some unknown reason (no red flags: same age, religion, both never married before, etc) and not the norm.

It is impossible to tell how long AP will take and unfortunately a Congressman or Senator can't do anything except inquire on your behalf. We had contacted both my congressman and senator throughout our long wait. Hopefully it will not last that long for you and your wife but there is nothing you can do except wait. Good luck!

We went through AP two times that lasted a year combined for my husband's K1 visa through the US embassy in Cairo. Luckily for you, I think that we were the exception for some unknown reason (no red flags: same age, religion, both never married before, etc) and not the norm.

It is impossible to tell how long AP will take and unfortunately a Congressman or Senator can't do anything except inquire on your behalf. We had contacted both my congressman and senator throughout our long wait. Hopefully it will not last that long for you and your wife but there is nothing you can do except wait. Good luck!

Thank you

Edited by Akram Hamed

I do not have any advice as to how to get out of administrative processing, but I want to say that I sympathize with you. Cairo is notoriously difficult embassy due to the high rate of fraud. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

thank you Moustafa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

We have been in AP for 289 days and we don't even need anything but to wait...I've received the same form letter from our embassy many times. Best wishes for a fast AP but be aware it could take awhile. Allah bless us who suffer in AP.

you timeline says your visa was approved long ago

Filed: Timeline

Considering they asked for that additional evidence, I see this as a positive for you and that may have been the only thing lacking.

NO, it's quite the contrary. This is their cop out, and way of masking their real reasons for throwing the file into AP obviously because USCIS has already run that fine comb. In any case, the visa office has jurisdiction over the applicant, not the petitioner, depending (however) on where you were previously married then divorced.

Sorry, but your AP won;t be a short one. It will take years or VERY penetrative help from the House and /or Supreme Court to this one sort out. I advise you seek your a a really GOOD EXPERIENCED lawyer asap.

Regards....

Edited by TheGreat

In all things, new and old, rest is inevitable.

Ap is a black hole, at least you know that your wife is in ap bcause they wanted an e-mail from you.

Many here are in ap without know why.

Just wait and be patient, all you can do.

I have a year in ap , you can e-mail, send letter and whatever and all the time you get same answer just wait.

But keep trying.

AP is a classified matter. Only the officer in whose hands the file are at the time is entitled to know. In Akram and his Egyptian wife's case, the iniial visa approval letter was an error. Then when the file changed hands (to another officer) so as to actually process the visa, that officer picked up on something that the initial officer might have overlooked. It SOMETIMES pretty much boils down more or less to the officer who has your file in hand at the time and his mood / spirit - believe it or not. Sad, but real. Anyway, that email was just used as a saver/scapegoat, and is NOT the real reason for the AP on your case. The reasons for AP's are classified by complex intertwining interagency regulations (but it's not law or necessarily lawful...there's a difference). You are NEVER to know. Supreme Court can ct through their AP.

Edited by TheGreat

Administrative processing can be a nightmare or it might not take long. I have read on here that if it takes longer than 2 months to contact your congressman.

Depending on how classified the matter is, I assure you that that won't help.

my divorce was 2004 and i got married on 2012 . its 8 year's a part

People travel frequently and even dwell out of homeland for lengths of time. Some are discovered to be [still] legally married and / or divorced in other countries and not even disclose that fact before entering into another marriage. Some deliberately, some naively. USCIS checks don't cover that, unfortunately. The Feds and Interpol databases are involved in APs, and at the Embassy level this isn't routine for neither agency thus lengthening the AP.

Edited by TheGreat

• 6 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.