superstang01

Coming from Canada to visit friend in Ocean City Maryland

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Will a copy of my mortgage statement and a photocopy of one month of pay cheques be sufficient ties to Canada? I work for my dads company so he simply writes me a cheque each month.....I don't get a pay stub

Edited by superstang01

Will a copy of my mortgage statement and a photocopy of one month of pay cheques be sufficient ties to Canada? I work for my dads company so he simply writes me a cheque each month.....I don't get a pay stub

It should be, yes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nah, invitation letters just show a connection to the US. I've never once had an invitation letter.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope. You don't. They stamp your passport with a b1/b2 stamp when you go through, that's all. We don't need visas so long as we're Canadian citizens.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Timeline

OP let no silly answers cloud your mind

If you came & left on visits B4

Have no record

car insured & legal

hold a job (proof) & give a respectable interview.

No contraband...You have noting to worry about

you are visiting to see a friend & that's it

Canadians at the border with honest answers & prior visits

have no probs crossing the border

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I read something somewhere else about people needing a b2 visa to visit a friend in the USA??

post the url, we will vette it for you.

If you are on an inferior web-browser, say perhaps on a handphone, get back on a pc so you can fully utilize copy/paste functions.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

post the url, we will vette it for you.

If you are on an inferior web-browser, say perhaps on a handphone, get back on a pc so you can fully utilize copy/paste functions.

I have no clue where I saw it. It was a while ago. I don't need a visa to visit the USA anyways being Canadian

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.