coolbone

Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

imprezaowner27

I Also got the same thing when I checked my status online. Same as you mine was sent on nov 10, from the Texas service center. I'm hoping they'll send it to a faster moving center like California service center.

Please keep me updated!!

Just received the letter in the mail about the transfer.

"this is to advise you that in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing:

Potomac Service Center (address)

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition."

Hopefully they REALLY MEAN it when they say speed up processing. I was expecting NOA2 around February so now lets see what happens.

Interesting things to note:

-My wife now has an Alien Identification number assigned at the top. Axxx xxx xxx

-The receipt date is still listed as August 10,2015, but there is no longer a "priority date", that section remains blank.

Hope this helps anyone still in the dark, They must be receiving box after box after box filled with petitions overloaded from other centers. Calling would be futile because they honestly, probably, have NO IDEA where each file is or where they are in the process. Im sure there is some sort of training/getting used to look over these petitions/applications.

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.