handsofholes

I never received a copy of my DS-3025.

17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I'm about to apply for adjustment of status and now I realize I need a copy of a DS-3025. The panel physician never gave me a copy of this form and now the doctor isn't even replying to my emails. What do I do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the AOS/Family-Based main forum -- OP is past the K-1 stage. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

You need to do I-693 all over again or have someone come to the doctor to ask what's up.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

USCIS doesn't keep a copy of the DS-3025?

You would think the panel physicians would be a bit more competent than this and provide a copy. I think they even told my fiancee directly that she didn't need a copy when she asked.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You need to do I-693 all over again or have someone come to the doctor to ask what's up.

No. This is not so.

OP> If you are sure you had all the required vaccinations at the time of the K-1 medical, then you can go ahead and file without it. Yes, a copy of the DS-3025 is included with all your other medical documents, which were in the sealed envelope you handed over at your POE and are sent to the USCIS.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

What if I don't have a DS-3025?

If you are positive that you got the needed shots, then actually mailing in a DS-3025 photocopy is not necessary. The original form is with your other medical results and was turned over to USCIS at POE. That's actually the one that counts because it remained in the "chain of custody" so you didn't have an opportunity to alter it. The photocopy isn't really an official copy and is more for a reminder that you got complete at your visa exam. Of course without having a copy, you don't have the opportunity to see if the rest of the form was completed correctly.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

KayDeeCee,

If we file for adjustment of status and it turns out that we didn't have all the required vaccinations... would we just receive an RFE and have to go to a physician to get the I-693 done? Or would it entirely mess up our adjustment process?

I showed my wife the DS-3025 and all the vaccinations on it and she claims that she's already had them in her life. And she said that the physician who did the medical exam in her country didn't do any vaccinations but did do a blood test. Would the blood test reveal all the vaccinations she's had in life in the sealed packet USCIS received?

Timeline

No. This is not so.

OP> If you are sure you had all the required vaccinations at the time of the K-1 medical, then you can go ahead and file without it. Yes, a copy of the DS-3025 is included with all your other medical documents, which were in the sealed envelope you handed over at your POE and are sent to the USCIS.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428381-i-693-report-of-medical-examination-and-vaccination-report/?p=6206232

What if I don't have a DS-3025?

If you are positive that you got the needed shots, then actually mailing in a DS-3025 photocopy is not necessary. The original form is with your other medical results and was turned over to USCIS at POE. That's actually the one that counts because it remained in the "chain of custody" so you didn't have an opportunity to alter it. The photocopy isn't really an official copy and is more for a reminder that you got complete at your visa exam. Of course without having a copy, you don't have the opportunity to see if the rest of the form was completed correctly.

Not sure if I have to quote you for you to be notified about my reply to you. So, just in case...

Can't you call up the doctor in the home country to request a copy of DS-3025?

You paid for the examination, you should have a copy of your own.

Same thing for I-693, if you go to the civil surgeon, please request a copy of I-693 for your own safe keeping.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

KayDeeCee,

If we file for adjustment of status and it turns out that we didn't have all the required vaccinations... would we just receive an RFE and have to go to a physician to get the I-693 done? Or would it entirely mess up our adjustment process?

I showed my wife the DS-3025 and all the vaccinations on it and she claims that she's already had them in her life. And she said that the physician who did the medical exam in her country didn't do any vaccinations but did do a blood test. Would the blood test reveal all the vaccinations she's had in life in the sealed packet USCIS received?

You would just get an RFE and then would need to see a civil surgeon for the missing vaccinations and to get an I-693.

If they did not do any vaccinations at the time of the K-1, then it is possible there is not a properly filled out DS-3025. My husband received no vaccinations and he got a useless blank DS-3025.

If you can find a civil surgeon that will just do the vaccinations without insisting on another medical she does not need, then that might be your best option. If you cannot find one from the USCIS civil surgeon finder tool, then you could try this thread > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/page-13

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

If all was well with vaccinations it will have been noted on the 3025 and USCIS will have the original. If there is something missing you'll get an RFE and deal with it then. Thats what I'd do if I were happy that everything was correct on the original 3025.

Timeline

Can't you call up the doctor in the home country to request a copy of DS-3025?

You paid for the examination, you should have a copy of your own.

Same thing for I-693, if you go to the civil surgeon, please request a copy of I-693 for your own safe keeping.

That'd be nice. But in reality, I emailed the panel physician three times over a span of time and each email was entirely ignored. And then we had my in-laws who live in my wife's country still contact her. She was extremely rude to them and lied by saying she would lose her job and my wife would be deported if she sent a DS-3025. Is there some way I can report her incompetence?

That'd be nice. But in reality, I emailed the panel physician three times over a span of time and each email was entirely ignored. And then we had my in-laws who live in my wife's country still contact her. She was extremely rude to them and lied by saying she would lose her job and my wife would be deported if she sent a DS-3025. Is there some way I can report her incompetence?

Well she doesn't want to cooperate with you, don't mind her and focus on your AOS. Just submit your I-485 without I-693 for now. Worst scenario is RFE for I-693, then you can visit a civil surgeon to do it. Hopefully the brown envelope has enough forms, and they are corrected and completed.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

It is just sad that we have to rely on an incompetent lying doctor in hopes that she properly filled out the form. Which I'm doubting she did it the correct way now that she's revealed her work ethic.

You could probably file a complaint against the panel physician for unprofessional conduct with the US Consulate in Lebanon.

I had medical examination twice for K1. Each time I requested a copy of the DS-3025 form and they obliged with no issue at all.

Otherwise how would I know what they wrote in the DS-3025.

or if I am missing vaccinations for AOS . In the end, I was missing a MMR shot.

------------------------------------

Right now, you have 2 options like what the rest have pointed out for you.

1) Go to a civil surgeon to fill up I-693 form, for a peace of mind

2) Wait and see if you will get RFE or not. No RFE, you saved the money.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So my fiance had his medical done in Montreal within the last year and he did not need any additional vaccinations (except a flu shot which they gave him) but he did not receive a copy of the DS-3025. I read above that it should have been sent to USCIS after the CPB officer examined everything at the POE so it shouldn't be a problem (hopefully), BUT does he still need to attempt to fill out an I-693 to include in his AOS packet or just leave that form out entirely? Thanks!

Mailed in 129F Packet: June 23, 2015

NOA1: July 8, 2014

NOA2: January 4, 2015

Packet 3: February 21, 2015

Packet 4: February 27, 2015

1st Canadian Background Check Performed: March 23, 2015 (Ended up getting lost in the mail!)

Interview (Montreal): April 1, 2015 (Not approved- missing Canadian Background Check)

2nd Canadian Background Check Performed: April 7, 2015 (Location's system went down, never received)

3rd Canadian Background Check Performed: April 10, 2015 (Emailed to us a few hours later)

3rd Canadian Background Check & Passport submitted to U.S. Consulate via Loomis: April 13, 2015

3rd Canadian Background Check Rejected for being a print-out (that's all we had at first!): May 6, 2015

Original 3rd Canadian Background Check w/ Sticker submitted via Loomis: May 6, 2015

Status Changed to "Issued": June 9, 2015

Visa Ready for Pick-Up: June 12, 2015

POE (Canadian-USA Border at Champlain St. Bernard de Lacolle): June 12, 2015

MARRIED! June 23, 2015

Mailed in AOS Packet: June 27, 2015

NOA1: July 6, 2015

Biometrics: July 20, 2015 (Actual appt. date in letter was July 28, 2015, but we did a walk-in)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.