educator_71

Question about processing the k1 visa app?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I have never been married, never had children, and have clean criminal records. Assuming that our forms are filled out correctly, will this possibly speed up the process for approval or denial, or will we still fall in that 5-8 month processing time. Just curious. Thank you guys for all the advice I've received on this site. By the way, when I filled out my profile, I put I am immigrating from the Philippines, but it's my fiance Jane that I hope to bring from there. Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

It depends on where your petition gets sent to. TSC or CSC. However, as Jane is coming form the Philippines, you'll get through the process much faster than other couples. I can't remember the reason why but beneficiaries from the Philippines get processed quicker.

Good luck on your journey.

Got engaged: 10 May 2014

I-129F Sent : 02 Feb 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 10 Feb 2015

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 06 Mar 2015

Hrdcpy NOA2: 12 Mar 2015

NVC Received: 22 Apr 2015

Case # Assig: 23 Apr 2015

NVC Left : 29 Apr 2015

Embassy Received:05 May 2015

Medical Date: 07 May 2015

Packet 3 Received:07 May 2015

Packet 3 Sent: 07 May 2015

Packet 4 Received:19 May 2015

Interview Date: 16 Jun 2015 (Approved)

Issued: 29 Jun 2015

At Depot: 02 Jul 2015

P.O.A: 06 Aug 2015

Wedding: 28 Aug 2015

v5Hb.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

My fiance and I have never been married, never had children, and have clean criminal records. Assuming that our forms are filled out correctly, will this possibly speed up the process for approval or denial

Nope

, or will we still fall in that 5-8 month processing time.

Yep...plan for 10 months be happy with 5.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Since she is in the Philippines, the processing time is much shorter. If you have no RFEs and get all your documents in order then she can be here in 4 months or so. Filter the timeline to just see visas for the Philippines and you can see how long others have taken. Of course it can take longer if you are not aggressive with your preparation, and there is always a chance of delays during processing. Try to be ready for the next step before it starts. While you are waiting for NOA1/2 you should be getting documents ready for medical and interview. The guides and advice on VJ are very helpful. Good Luck!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I have never been married, never had children, and have clean criminal records. Assuming that our forms are filled out correctly, will this possibly speed up the process for approval or denial, or will we still fall in that 5-8 month processing time. Just curious. Thank you guys for all the advice I've received on this site. By the way, when I filled out my profile, I put I am immigrating from the Philippines, but it's my fiance Jane that I hope to bring from there. Thanks.

None of that will have any effect on the process at USCIS, nor the embassy.

Once you get things filed with USCIS pop over to the Philippines forum and say HI!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Not all applications from the Philippines are expedited. There are a number of people in the forums from the Philippines who are waiting just as long at TSC as everyone else. The reason for the expedite was Typhoon Yolanda.

Many people have no red flags, previous marriages, or children. This does not affect the timing of your application. You join the line with everyone else and hope that you're one of the applications chosen for expedite. Plan on anywhere from 4-12 months.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic involves processing-times. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.