Shawnee

Iranian and U.S. k 1 any recent info?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

How does consulate look at these k 1's since it's hard to meet due to our political relations. My visa was turned down. It's impossible to get visitors visa outside Iran. Only option was to meet in other countries... Expensive but worth it. Any good comments?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

WOW ....it may be a little harder. I thought that having a Russia fiancee was going to be hard with all of the stuff going on in Russia and the Ukraine but it went real fast for us. It was all very easy, no problems. I was a USAF B-52 pilot and her father and mother were KGB (retired of course). We had no problem....Good Luck

Timeline

We went through this three years ago and my Iranian fiance is now my wife and has been here for 2 years. We did not even try to meet in Iran. We met online and our first face to face meeting was in Turkey. We also met again in Dubai and again in Turkey for the Visa interview. The politics really did not seem to factor in our case. We faced no difficulties in the process.

Meeting in Turkey was a little expensive since we both had to travel, but in the long run it was worth it. My wife had her sister travel with her for the first visit which was nice because it allowed me to meet some of her family too. Good luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Thanks for the helpful information. Has your wife adjusted to living in the US? Any complaints or difficulties in her adjustment? I ask because my fiances life in Iran is quite good and I worry how he will react to how hard we work here compared to Iran. I am glad to hear you got through with no issues. Did you have a list of items to complete on RFE? It seems like there was a gap of time you waited .

Timeline

Hi, I suggest you meet in Turkey. It's a great place. Istanbul is a fabulous city, been there twice and can not wait to go back again. Plus it's romantic there. To answer another of your questions the life here is very difficult culturally for Iranians I think. Jobs are also difficult to find. It has been very hard for my husband. The life in Iran is good, it not what you read in the papers. I live in Colorado where the economy is good. My husband has a degree in computer engineering and has not been able to find good work. Very discouraging. Good luck on the rest of your journey. If you like travel Turkey will not disappoint.

Timeline

My wife has adjusted wonderfully. My biggest fear was that she would miss Iran so much because she was only leaving to marry me. She really loved her life in Iran and specially her job as a flight attendant. With Viber and Skype she is able to talk and see her friends and family almost every day and there is enough of an Iranian ex-pat community in Minneapolis that it seems like we are sometimes in Iran.

The delay in our case was our own doing. When the notice came for our interview date, we had exactly 6 days to go to Ankara, get the medical and go to the interview. At the time my wife was in Tajikistan training for her work and I had promised her family that I would be in Ankara with her. I contacted the Embassy and they changed our June interview date to December. We did not have any RFE from the interview, there was one small issue in that her shenasname was not translated for the pages that were blank, and they did not accept it, but told her to come back the next day with the complete translation. We were able to take care of this easily. I was not allowed to go to the interview with her and they asked her to do the interview in English to prove that we could communicate. We then delayed her entry into the US so she could complete her contract with her airline job and so she did not have to come live in Minneapolis in the middle of the winter.

You may have some delay, every male spouse/fiance I have seen has gone into AP for some time for additional security checks. Don't be discouraged by this.

My wife has been working and volunteering since she received her work permit. She has interviewed with Airlines and I think that she will get hired as flight attendant before too long.

Good luck in your journey. It was a long process for us, but it was worth every minute. In May, I will make my second trip to Iran to visit my wife's family. If you have any question, please ask here in the forums or you can also message me.

Chuck

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

We were lucky....Hossein was one of the few iranian men I know of on this forum who did not have AP. I was with him in Ankara, they asked me to come back the day after his interview, so they could talk to me and then they approved him immediately. He had his visa a couple of days later.

He's been in the U.S. almost a year now and things are going well. He's a director/film editor and we live in Los Angeles. There is a large Persian population in the LA/Orange County area, so he's been making connections and doing projects within the community. Speaking, writing and reading Farsi have actually turned into an asset for him. He did a handful of Norooz videos for various community centers, worked on a persian television show, and will be directing a documentary next week with an iranian subject matter. We're working on getting a website together for him too, so he can market himself even more.

Like the others have said....meet in Istanbul, Dubai -- wherever you both can get visas to. Iranians don't need visas for Turkey and Americans can get them at the airport for $20-30 (I forget the exact price, but it was inexpensive).

It seems a little scary at this juncture, I know -- but it will all work out in time.