Janelle2002

A lawyer in California is pushing a ballot measure to legalize killing gay people

308 posts in this topic

What's going on in here?

For my part, I was just doing my duty as a citizen and helping your LIB learn some more techniques in his quest for emotional enlightenment.

Aloha G!

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Welcome to a preview of what living in an Islamic state would be like.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Welcome to a preview of what living in an Islamic state would be like.

Or a bunch of different Christian nations... Some of whom use the death penalty and some of whom use longterm imprisonment...

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In fact, the guy proposing the law is a Christian and his beliefs are based solely on Christian mythology. No Islam connection there...

Or a bunch of different Christian nations... Some of whom use the death penalty and some of whom use longterm imprisonment...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

care to give em a list of Christian nations that issue the death penalty

for homosexuality ?

Here are 10 countries in which you can get the death penalty for being gay. They have something in common. Can you pick out what it is ?

Yemen: According to 1994 penal code, married men can be sentenced to death by stoning for homosexual intercourse. Unmarried men face whipping or one year in prison. Women face up to seven years in prison.

Iran: In accordance with sharia law, homosexual intercourse between men can be punished by death, and men can be flogged for lesser acts such as kissing. Women may be flogged.

Iraq: The penal code does not expressly prohibit homosexual acts, but people have been killed by militias and sentenced to death by judges citing sharia law.

Mauritania: Muslim men engaging in homosexual sex can be stoned to death, according to a 1984 law. Women face prison.

Nigeria: Federal law classifies homosexual behavior as a felony punishable by imprisonment, but several states have adopted sharia law and imposed a death penalty for men. A law signed in early January makes it illegal for gay people countrywide to hold a meeting or form clubs.

Qatar: Sharia law in Qatar applies only to Muslims, who can be put to death for extramarital sex, regardless of sexual orientation.

Saudi Arabia: Under the country’s interpretation of sharia law, a married man engaging in sodomy or any non-Muslim who commits sodomy with a Muslim can be stoned to death. All sex outside of marriage is illegal.

Somalia: The penal code stipulates prison, but in some southern regions, Islamic courts have imposed Sharia law and the death penalty.

Sudan: Three-time offenders under the sodomy law can be put to death; first and second convictions result in flogging and imprisonment. Southern parts of the country have adopted more lenient laws.

United Arab Emirates: Lawyers in the country and other experts disagree on whether federal law proscribes the death penalty for consensual homosexual sex or only for rape. In a recent Amnesty International report, the organization said it was not aware of any death sentences for homosexual acts. All sexual acts outside of marriage are banned.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, there are many muslim run countries where homosexuals are on the books as being legal to execute. In most of these countries, this has been the case for a very, very long time.

In Russia, people hunt gays for sport, like animals, and, while it isn't on the books legal, the authorities turn a blind eye, making it IN EFFECT legal.

Recently, Uganda very nearly passed a straight out execution bill for homosexuals. The lobbyists who nearly succeeded at this were largely sponsored by America's Focus on the Family.

There are parts of Nigeria where yes, the death penalty IS possible for homosexuals, but it bears note that some of these parts are Christian parts and that Nigeria is only half muslim.

I also find it hilarious that anyone would bring up same sex immigration in this debate considering that it's less than two years old in America and would never have passed by a majority vote. There is an unfortunate majority of Americans who believe that I am hellbound, of poor moral character and a bad person in general just because I am married to a woman and they would therefore ignore every charitable, decent thing I have ever done. Those people are almost universally Christians in America. And this is before we even get into the Christian reparative therapy camps for gay teens, which are legal in many states, where teenagers die or come out so damaged their deaths are an inevitability.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Timeline

I also find it hilarious that anyone would bring up same sex immigration in this debate considering that it's less than two years old in America and would never have passed by a majority vote. There is an unfortunate majority of Americans who believe that I am hellbound, of poor moral character and a bad person in general just because I am married to a dwoman and they would therefore ignore every charitable, decent thing I have ever done. Those people are almost universally Christians in America. And this is before we even get into the Christian reparative therapy camps for gay teens, which are legal in many states, where teenagers die or come out so damaged their deaths are an inevitability.

Since I am the one who mentioned same-sex immigration, I will respond. First, let me state that I believe every human being on earth should be judged upon their character and treatment of others, rather than their personal beliefs, sexual orientation, and color of skin. I did not have the chance to vote up or down on same sex immigration, but had I had the chance I would not have supported it in the USA. However, and it's a big however, it is currently the law of our land, and whether I agree with it or not, I can openly tell you that I support the same sex couple in the same way I support heterosexual couples; by the content of their character as previously mentioned.

The countries events you mentioned in Russia, and other countries should be openly rejected by all, but in fact are not, and in fact may never be in our human existence. It could happen, but not likely. Does that mean that all religions who do not accept it should be openly ridiculed, degraded, and subjected to verbal and physical attack? I don't think so. There are many religions that may not openly support same sex unions, but they also do not openly degrade them. At the same time, there are many that do. The majority of those who do not are Muslim, and conservative Christians.

Anyone who deliberately seeks to harm another human being for any reason other than self preservation, has committed an act against humanity. That includes EVERYONE including the gay community.

Edited by xxClosedxx

In fact, the guy proposing the law is a Christian and his beliefs are based solely on Christian mythology. No Islam connection there...

Isn't this funny, the person proposing the law is Christian but somehow Islam is brought into this matter.

Is the U.S. an Islamic country?

This very proposal on U.S. is utterly abominable and this person should be sentenced to a nut house or life in jail. He is proposing murder and he is premeditating it at that.