Nich-Nick

Another warning K1s. Get your shots!

144 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe if one is lacking an immunization for certain reasons a waiver would be given, but I do not believe thw MMR is required of for ages above 18 anyway for AOS.

I can't get my MMR because I am pregnant - will this cause me huge problems when I'm trying to do the AoS? Arggh!!!

I can't get my MMR because I am pregnant - will this cause me huge problems when I'm trying to do the AoS? Arggh!!!

No. There is a waiver, but you need to insist they fill out your form in a manner so it passes AOS without seeing a civil surgeon. I saw a form recently where the nurse just wrote in K1 on the lines where a shot was not given. It was like a K1's shots don't matter. So look over your form and make them understand that their DS-3025 can be used as is for AOS if they MARK IT CORRECTLY.

FORM http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134.pdf

Your MMR line needs the last column marked with a code "C" for contraindicated. Then because you have a contraindication, get page 2 which should be marked that the reason is Pregnancy. (normally page 2 is blank so not handed out. Ask for it) That waiver will carry you through for AOS if you get all the other things marked properly or waiver indicated. They will not mark the results section for a K1, but they should mark the waivers properly and not write K1 in there on the shot lines.

If this record is in compliance on the date of your medical, then it works for AOS, even if you are not pregnant by the time your interview rolls around. They use the date it was filled out as the date of record. So, pregnant at exam, MMR is waived...forever....as long as you got the rest recorded on the form.

MiNMiLove--MMR is most definitely required by adults over 18.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry. It was the Hep B I was thinking of. Thank you.

No. There is a waiver, but you need to insist they fill out your form in a manner so it passes AOS without seeing a civil surgeon. I saw a form recently where the nurse just wrote in K1 on the lines where a shot was not given. It was like a K1's shots don't matter. So look over your form and make them understand that their DS-3025 can be used as is for AOS if they MARK IT CORRECTLY.

Your MMR line needs the last column marked with a code "C" for contraindicated. Then because you have a contraindication, get page 2 which should be marked that the reason is Pregnancy. (normally page 2 is blank so not handed out. Ask for it) That waiver will carry you through for AOS if you get all the other things marked properly or waiver indicated. They will not mark the results section for a K1, but they should mark the waivers properly and not write K1 in there on the shot lines.

If this record is in compliance on the date of your medical, then it works for AOS, even if you are not pregnant by the time your interview rolls around. They use the date it was filled out as the date of record. So, pregnant at exam, MMR is waived...forever....as long as you got the rest recorded on the form.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh thank you so much for your reply - that's a relief to hear! I'll be sure to make sure they fill out the form properly.

Our Journey :goofy:

5/23/2015 - Met my love in the US of A

9/21/2015 - Sent off i-129f!

9/25/2015 - Received NOA1

10/27/2015 - Received NOA2!!!!! :dancing:

11/11/2015- Package received by NVC

11/12/2015- Got our case number

12/09/2015 - Medical

01/13/2016 - Interview & APPROVED! :) :dance:

5/17/2016 - Flight booked!!! The big move is finally here!

5/21/2016 - We got marrieddddddddd :wub:

Filing for Adjustment of Status

5/27/2016 - Applied for SSN and changed to married name - (still not received)

6/8/2016- Filed AoS (I-765, I -131, I 485)

6/13/2016 - AoS Received

6/25/2016- NoA

9/20/2016 - EAD & Advanced parole card received!

10/2/2016 - Green card received!!!! :star:

Removal of Conditions

9/21/2018 - Filed package to Texas via USPS priority mail

9/24/2018- Package delivered confirmed

10/19/2018 - i-551 stamp at infopass appointment

10/26/2018 - 18 month extension receipt notice received

zzflag017.gif united-states-flag.gif

Hi all, just booked an MMR booster through my local doctors, does anyone know how much it is likely to cost?

Thanks.

Hi

I've had all my jabs at my GP (except the flu shot) and I've not had to pay for any of them, good old NHS :)

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

• 1 month later...

Bumping this for the new wave of K1s just finding the UK forum. Read the first post.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.