typo808

Time frame for mom to get tourist visa-Philippines to USA, permanent resident

53 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

7 weeks, if she can self-schedule next week.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Somewhere between a few weeks and never.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to visa journey members!

Any ideas how long it takes to receive a tourist visa? Mom already has passport and we start application today. How long can we expect?

At the interview, she will know right away if approved or denied.

Maybe it's safe to say within 7-10 business days just like other visa categories.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** moving from Bringing Family (which is for immigration visas) to Tourist Visa forum *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

.......?

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

nooooo! Baby will be born by then! Lol!

Is there a special circumstance allowment because "her daughter, first time in another country, is due in 2 months and her spouse is the sole provider and won't be around so much to help?" All of that is true except I'll be around to help.

Edited by typo808

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

nooooo! Baby will be born by then! Lol!

Is there a special circumstance allowment because her daughter, first time in another country, is due in 2 months and her spouse is the sole provider and won't be around so much to help?" All of that is true except I'll be around to help.

You're missing the concept of the tourist visa.

Why not say "to visit my daughter because I miss her so bad and go to Disneyland"? Helping out on the baby sounds like she's staying for a loooooooooong time.

Edited by apple21

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No I'm not. You misunderstood the the point of my question. I'm just asking if that would somehow speed up the process. In any case, she can stay for what, 3months then apply for an extension

Edited by typo808

No I'm not. You misunderstood the the point of my question. I'm just asking if that would somehow speed up the process. In any case, she can stay for what, 3months then apply for an extension

No, that won't speed it up. She has to apply on her own merit, and show strong ties to why she would need to go home again. Having her daughter, and a brand new grand baby in the US may not work in her favor.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

How long does she want to visit?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.