charmed2006

Am I pushing this too early?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

I think you are right! I will send the employer an email back about my status.

He sent me this 12 pages employment application package. I agree would be a good idea to disclose before showing up.

Thank you Starletha for the encouragement :)

It seems you have your answer then. Good luck.

I don't know why some people can't make their point in a polite way instead of resorting to rude replies.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh well the requirement is urgent. My Monday interview is cancelled :) Have a great weekend you all!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS  (CSC) FROM K1 VISA

06.23.17 - Application sent

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

07.10.17 - Biomentrics Notice (via Post mail)

07.17.17 - Biometrics schedule

09.16.17 - 10 year GC received

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.26.2020 - Online Application

02.27.2020 - NOA

03.16.2020 - Biometrics Appointment

03.06.2020 - Biometrics Completed (Walk in)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Oh well the requirement is urgent. My Monday interview is cancelled :) Have a great weekend you all!

lol. that was quick. there is a ton of stuff you can do that involves networking WITHOUT interviewing. Go to job fairs (those are noncommital functions). You can get more infomation about companies and what they are looking for that way. Take free online classes (or even paid ones). Read all you can about the companies/field you are about to get into. Have a list of 100-200 companies that you will apply to when you get your EAD so that you can send them ASAP.

Timeline

I think I would still continue with the job search and just be honest when a company gets interested. There's no harm :)

The employer said to keep him posted when I get my EAD :) So I think that's one good sign.

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: Timeline

I arrived here in the US in March 14th. My wedding is May 28th. My fiancé is working so I am left at home by myself most of the days. I started sending my resume/job applications yesterday. One has gotten back to me for an interview on Monday.

Is it illegal to attend this interview? I am going to tell them my visa status here on Monday. But just want to make sure I am not committing anything wrong here.

What do you think? Thank you for your inputs!

As others said, there is no point to attend interviews now. It's waste of time for the interviewer. Let other people have those jobs, your time will come too.

You said you will get married on March 28th. The EAD takes 60-90 days to be processed from the day you file for AOS. Even if you file right after your marriage, it will be the end of May or June by the time you get your EAD (Employment Authorization Document).

Edited by YouAndMeForever

Timeline

As others said, there is no point to attend interviews now. It's waste of time for the interviewer. Let other people have those jobs, your time will come too.

You said you will get married on May 28th. The EAD takes 60-90 days to be processed from the day you file for AOS. Even if you file right after your marriage, it will be the end of July or August by the time you get your EAD (Employment Authorization Document).

It is Mar 28th, not May 28th :) My bad. I am preparing all docs as early as possible to send it right after the wedding and getting the Certified True Copy of the Marriage Contract :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You won't get a TN with a pending AOS. Even if you did get it before you file for AOS, you'd lose it as soon as you file. Not really worth all the time and aggravation.

In my opinion you've got nothing to lose by attending the interview. If the current job opening doesn't pan out, maybe a future one will. It doesn't hurt to get your name out there and do some networking.

Not true, my 3-year TN visa was still valid after filing AOS. The only reason I applied for the EAD was to prevent a lapse in work authorization in case AOS processing went past my TN visa expiration date.

I think I would still continue with the job search and just be honest when a company gets interested. There's no harm :)

The employer said to keep him posted when I get my EAD :) So I think that's one good sign.

That's actually a great sign.

Means they are interested enough in your skills to keep you listed.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sounds like you are wasting your time and wasting the time of whom ever is interviewing you.

if she is qualified and the employer is will to wait until she gets her work authorization she isn't wasting anyone's time. And I don't think it's for you to say she's wasting anyone's time. Why is there always a nay sayer in every single post on this site? SMH

Timeline

Well I found my current job B interviewed in July started in October after I retired from job A they waited for me to retire.

I know :) Just got to find the right company that is willing to wait for the EAD.

I think the best thing is to disclose visa status before the interview. This is fair :)

Thank you all for your inputs :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

exactly. This is something you disclose BEFORE an interview. I would be pissed if everything is great with the candidate only to find out AFTER an offer is extended that they don't have work authorization. Come to think of it, you are making a serious mistake OP if the person interviewing you has no idea about your status. Did you fill out any applications OP? Typically there is a question asking about providing work authorization.

I don't understand why you are trying to discourage her from interviewing, as long as she is honest there is no harm. I used to interview people all of the time for jobs, many times the people who were leaving and therefore their positions needed to be filled would give several weeks or months notice before leaving, it happens all the time. I once had a woman who told me when she was 3 months pregnant that when she had her baby she would not be coming back to work, a full 6 months in advance. I would interview people and inform them the job position would start on a certain day in the near, or not so near future, honesty goes both ways Even if the job needs to to be filled immediately there is a very good chance that the employer will like her and keep her resume on file for a future position or if the person hired didn't work out for some reason, I did it all the time. Any hiring manager or HR department would be foolish to not save resumes from people who were good job candidates. I not seeing why anyone would be pissed. There is absolutely no harm in trying, the worst that can happen is that they will say no.

Timeline

I don't understand why you are trying to discourage her from interviewing, as long as she is honest there is no harm. I used to interview people all of the time for jobs, many times the people who were leaving and therefore their positions needed to be filled would give several weeks or months notice before leaving, it happens all the time. I once had a woman who told me when she was 3 months pregnant that when she had her baby she would not be coming back to work, a full 6 months in advance. I would interview people and inform them the job position would start on a certain day in the near, or not so near future, honesty goes both ways Even if the job needs to to be filled immediately there is a very good chance that the employer will like her and keep her resume on file for a future position or if the person hired didn't work out for some reason, I did it all the time. Any hiring manager or HR department would be foolish to not save resumes from people who were good job candidates. I not seeing why anyone would be pissed. There is absolutely no harm in trying, the worst that can happen is that they will say no.

Thank you :) yes, I will be honest as not to waste the company's time :) And will still continue submitting applications :) Who knows, the next one would be my luck :)

06.26.17 - Received

06.29.17 - NOA

CITIZENSHIP (N400)

02.27.2020 - NOA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

Like I said, disclose this BEFORE the interview. Otherwise you are giving off a false impression that you can actually work. Regardless, your point (and mine to a certain extent) is moot because a great deal of jobs ask you if you are eligible/authorized to work in the US on the application. If they still call you in after that, of course continue, but to misrepresent yourself as being ready to work is not ethical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.