khushi_05

Total processing time - India

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I am living in USA with my family (sister, brother & parents) for past 12 years.

My grandmother is getting old & she is also little sick.

I would like to bring her in USA for some time.

How long does it take for TOTAL processing time on visitor visa?

Another thing is my grandmother is living in small village in India and she is 86 yrs old.

It is hard to get her all document such as birth certificate record & all since they had no hospital in village the time she born.

How should I manage everything is short period of time?

I would like to bring her in USA asap.

Can some one please help me to understand process step by step & also let me know what is total processing time starting from filling out application to getting visa?

I really appreciate. Thank you :)

You can look into the Tourist Visa process here:

http://www.travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html#overview

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-typeb1b2.asp

I hope you will be buying travel insurance for your grandmother in case she needs medical attention in US.

Edited by Merrytooth

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

Hey Merrytooth. Thank you for those website.

I have read entire website & now I know process to go through in detail.

Is it possible for you to tell me approximate time how long it will take to process DS-160 application & then fee to appear online?

Basically what is approximate time it will take to finish complete process?

Is it like month or 3 months? PLEASE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You managed to sort out the Travel insurance?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey Merrytooth. Thank you for those website.

I have read entire website & now I know process to go through in detail.

Is it possible for you to tell me approximate time how long it will take to process DS-160 application & then fee to appear online?

Basically what is approximate time it will take to finish complete process?

Is it like month or 3 months? PLEASE

it is really no time to do a b2 visa. we just submitted the ds160 for my MIL and within an hour we paid the fees online. there was an appointment in Delhi 10 days later for her interview. She will go next week for interview and god willing she will come visit us in US this summer.

Honestly filling the paperwork, paying the fee hardly took an hour or 2, then its just when does the embassy/consulate have the next available appointment for the interview.

Timeline

it is really no time to do a b2 visa. we just submitted the ds160 for my MIL and within an hour we paid the fees online. there was an appointment in Delhi 10 days later for her interview. She will go next week for interview and god willing she will come visit us in US this summer.

Honestly filling the paperwork, paying the fee hardly took an hour or 2, then its just when does the embassy/consulate have the next available appointment for the interview.

OMG...wowwww

Really. Thank you soooo much Kat&Abhi for your reply. =D feeling sooo great that I can see my grandmother in like couple of months :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.