32 posts in this topic

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, I see. So, which department in SLEC does she go to? What's the name of your pulmonologist? Do we ask for him directly?

Call the contact info at this link and ask for Pulmonary. The doctors there don't give out their names.

http://www.slec.ph/contact-us.php

If it was me I would get her transferred from Cebu to slec pronto.

Timeline

Posted Today, 08:49 PM

Thanks for this info Tiny Jo! This indeed helpful. So, does my fiance have to go to the US Embassy in Manila to notify the embassy or it can be done thru writing? And as for me, how do I re-validate the approved K1 petition?

__ email is fine. This is an example of my fiance letter to embassy to revalidate the petition as well the mail from the embassy.

To:
Manila IV Correspondence Unit

Subject:
request for I-129F extention

Good morning,

I would like to request an extention on our current I-129F form, my soon to be wife is currently undergoing treatment for tuberculosis and cannot go to the interview until the treatment is finished in early October. We just recently transferred the case from Jakarta Indonesia where she is working. She will move back to the Philippines June 15 and finish her treatment at St. Lukes. We are still very much planning on getting married late October if all goes well. Please notify me if there is any thing else that I need to do at this time.

Subject: RE: request for I-129F extention

We understand that the applicant is undergoing the Directly Observed Therapy (DOT).

We noted your concerns regarding the validity of Ms.________ K1 visa petition. We wish to assure you and the applicant that while an approved K1 nonimmigrant visa petition is originally valid for four (4) months from the date of its approval, it may be revalidated
by a consular officer for an additional four (4) months during the applicant’s visa interview. Thisrevalidation
is routine as long as the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and plan to do so within 90 days after the beneficiary enters the United States in K1 status.

I hope this will help you. I need your prayer..waiting for my visa .

• rep_up.png

Timeline

Call the contact info at this link and ask for Pulmonary. The doctors there don't give out their names.

http://www.slec.ph/contact-us.php

If it was me I would get her transferred from Cebu to slec pronto.

Ok, I'm checking on the link. Would you know if they're able to make a monthly check up on her instead so that my fiance won't have to relocate in Manila where SLEC is? I've read in one of the posts who had the same concern that she needs to take her medicine everyday directly from SLEC.

Timeline

Thanks for this info Tiny Jo! This indeed helpful. So, does my fiance have to go to the US Embassy in Manila to notify the embassy or it can be done thru writing? And as for me, how do I re-validate the approved K1 petition?

__ email is fine. This is an example of my fiance letter to embassy to revalidate the petition as well the mail from the embassy.

To:
Manila IV Correspondence Unit

Subject:
request for I-129F extention

Good morning,

I would like to request an extention on our current I-129F form, my soon to be wife is currently undergoing treatment for tuberculosis and cannot go to the interview until the treatment is finished in early October. We just recently transferred the case from Jakarta Indonesia where she is working. She will move back to the Philippines June 15 and finish her treatment at St. Lukes. We are still very much planning on getting married late October if all goes well. Please notify me if there is any thing else that I need to do at this time.

We understand that the applicant is undergoing the Directly Observed Therapy (DOT).

We noted your concerns regarding the validity of Ms.________ K1 visa petition. We wish to assure you and the applicant that while an approved K1 nonimmigrant visa petition is originally valid for four (4) months from the date of its approval, it may be revalidated
by a consular officer for an additional four (4) months during the applicant’s visa interview. Thisrevalidation
is routine as long as the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and plan to do so within 90 days after the beneficiary enters the United States in K1 status.

• rep_up.png

This is certainly helpful! Do we send it to the same addressee: To: Manila IV Correspondence Unit?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

To: Manila IV Correspondence Unit

Subject: request for I-129F extention

Good morning,

• rep_up.png

Embassy extends the validity of the petition automatically, no email/letter needed, they will do this up to a year.

This is certainly helpful! Do we send it to the same addressee: To: Manila IV Correspondence Unit?

You do not need to contact the embassy in regards to getting the petition validity extended, USEM will do this automatically, up to a year.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

author="hello world" data-cid="7530117" data-time="1426776616">

You do not need to contact the embassy in regards to getting the petition validity extended, USEM will do this automatically, up to a year.

Ok Hank but what was that email for? This email:

Good morning,

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok Hank but what was that email for? This email:

Good morning,

What was the email for? Peace of mind of the petitioner/beneficiary I guess, it for sure isn't needed for the embassy to extend the petition validity

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Timeline

i've been treated outside SLEC, i finished 8 mos before i went to slec. I had my certificate from my pulmonologist said its good to go and no need SLEC treat me again. I went to slec have hope i passed the medical becoz i treated already but slec want me to repeat my 6mos at their clinic not outside and said they not accept outside. I dont want to be repeat all my medications if it need i dont want inside phils. So my hubby got pcs in europe and my cr1 on hold becoz of slec. I didnt started at slec, they keep calling me that i need to start treatment. So i applied b1/b2 visa (transit) got approved in just 30days, without medical and just proof was orders that i not stay in US for that long (just 5days in TX and fly to europe). I treated in europe hospital 14mos and move here in US to continue more 6mos. I transfered my cr1 application from phils to europe and it takes 2 mos to transfer but thats ok becoz i still on treatment. I didnt wait for so long for my visa here in europe. they approved my visa even im in the middle of treatment with my doctors consent that its free to fly without risk. i never been positive of sputum even when i was in phils but my xray yes. Im here now in US almost a year and have my 10 year green card and done my 18 months treatment last year.

Timeline

@ Hello world

Try this email - support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

IVManila replies is no longer available.

I think this will be the last info I am going to share. Sorry for those who are already in US who find my sharing annoying. I understand that thousands Filipinos behave that way.

i've been treated outside SLEC, i finished 8 mos before i went to slec. I had my certificate from my pulmonologist said its good to go and no need SLEC treat me again. I went to slec have hope i passed the medical becoz i treated already but slec want me to repeat my 6mos at their clinic not outside and said they not accept outside. I dont want to be repeat all my medications if it need i dont want inside phils. So my hubby got pcs in europe and my cr1 on hold becoz of slec. I didnt started at slec, they keep calling me that i need to start treatment. So i applied b1/b2 visa (transit) got approved in just 30days, without medical and just proof was orders that i not stay in US for that long (just 5days in TX and fly to europe). I treated in europe hospital 14mos and move here in US to continue more 6mos. I transfered my cr1 application from phils to europe and it takes 2 mos to transfer but thats ok becoz i still on treatment. I didnt wait for so long for my visa here in europe. they approved my visa even im in the middle of treatment with my doctors consent that its free to fly without risk. i never been positive of sputum even when i was in phils but my xray yes. Im here now in US almost a year and have my 10 year green card and done my 18 months treatment last year.

additional... becoz i ve been treated in philippines before, my treatment was so hard here. i became a multi drug resistant with IV but thanks god im done last year. so better to treat outside philippines.

8 months treatment outside SLEC

14 months treatment in Europe

6 months treatment in the US (or is it 18 months treatment in the US)

Better to treat outside the Philippines?

I suggest to the OP to just get in contact with SLEC and be prepared to move to Manila to accomplish this, unless you have the opportunity to move to Europe like emrys had the chance to do.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Timeline

@ Hello world

Try this email - support-philippines@ustraveldocs.com

IVManila replies is no longer available.

I think this will be the last info I am going to share. Sorry for those who are already in US who find my sharing annoying. I understand that thousands Filipinos behave that way.

It's very much helpful and I would understand if this is all that you can share. Lastly, it's fine right that we won't schedule yet the US Embassy interview since obviously my fiance can't proceed with the interview due to her medical condition?

Filed: Other Timeline

hey Manilaraf, i did say better treated outside philippines becoz when i was there i still have scar in my lungs and and when i treated here in europe and US scars was gone. thats why i said better. yeah my medical story was different and get lucky i not need to go back and forth in slec for treatment. and not with my husband until finish. I m with my hubby after 30 days instead of freaking 6 mos waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.