hello world

medical concern/s

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all!

My fiance and I have received both good and bad news yesterday. Good that our petition had already been approved and bad that she had just been diagnosed with mild Pulmonary Tuberculosis. She had just started her TB treatment on March 16, 2015 and would end in September 2015 which makes our approved petition expired by then. Her attending pulmonoligist is from her local area and is not from the accredited clinic/hospital of the US Embassy but according to her pulmologist, she can just be issued a medical certificate stating that she's clear to travel and isn't contagious anymore though under treatment should the accredited clinic/hospital need it and there's no need for her to wait until her entire treatment is done to proceed with the VISA medical exam.

Now, we're torn between having her proceed with the VISA medical exam while she's on treatment or if we have to wait for her entire treatment to be done.

Whoever has similar case/s, please drop your comments.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

She needs to complete her treatment before she can set an appointment for interview. It will takes 8 months (6 months for treatment proper and two months for last smear for culture). Once she completed her treatment the panel physician will give instruction on how to set an appointment.

Approved k1 petition is valid for 4 months so your fiancee must inform the embassy about her treatment and you have to revalidate your petition before it expires.

I hope this info will help you guys.

Timeline

Hi! I think we are on the samE boat. I am currently taking meds in slec march 3 up to August 4. Your fiance needs to go there for everyday just to take her meds.. And she will have also sputum test.

Edited by Evangelistamonik

Timeline

If you choose to be treated outside you need to wait for 1year and 3 months to have her remedical again at slec. And if she choose to treat her at slec it would be 6 months treatment plus 2 months for sputum culture.

Timeline

Thanks for this info Tiny Jo! This indeed helpful. So, does my fiance have to go to the US Embassy in Manila to notify the embassy or it can be done thru writing? And as for me, how do I re-validate the approved K1 petition?

Timeline

Hi to all!

My fiance and I have received both good and bad news yesterday. Good that our petition had already been approved and bad that she had just been diagnosed with mild Pulmonary Tuberculosis. She had just started her TB treatment on March 16, 2015 and would end in September 2015 which makes our approved petition expired by then. Her attending pulmonoligist is from her local area and is not from the accredited clinic/hospital of the US Embassy but according to her pulmologist, she can just be issued a medical certificate stating that she's clear to travel and isn't contagious anymore though under treatment should the accredited clinic/hospital need it and there's no need for her to wait until her entire treatment is done to proceed with the VISA medical exam.

Now, we're torn between having her proceed with the VISA medical exam while she's on treatment or if we have to wait for her entire treatment to be done.

Your fiancée should go to SLEC now for medical exam, explain her current situation to them and if SLEC concurs that she is a TB positive candidate then she will do further testing and treatment within SLEC.

She does not need a note from her doctor stating she isn't contagious in order to travel to Manila to complete medical.

Timeline

Yup! If she chose to treat outside and get a private dr then thats the consequence. Because I was once came from the other hospital and transfered in slec this month and continue my medications in there. The nurse explained to me well there ruleS. That if i wanted to continue my treatment outside then I need to wait for 1yr and 3months.

Timeline

If she just had started her treatment last march 16 and you wanted to have her medical at slec I bet you they will tell you what I have said to you. I was upset by that time to think for 8months i need to got there for mon-friday. If you are willing to wait for 1yr and 3 months and let her treat in cebu..

Timeline

There is another VJ thead currently similar to this topic.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/541299-info-from-slec-if-applicant-choose-to-do-acceptable-tb-treatment-from-local-physician-other-than-slec/

The certificate her doctor gives her sounds good, but that doctor has no authority to certify a treated person clear for international travel. SLEC is the only authorized place that can give the stamp of approval that is accepted at the USEM.

Edited by luckytwo15

Timeline

That's terribly a long time to wait. Should we decide to transfer to SLEC asap, do we start her treatment again or we just have to continue her treatment? Do you mind giving me contact number to best reach the department in St. Luke's who caters to such concerns?

Timeline

As far as i know they will not tell you what to do and explain it thru phone. What i can help is fo her to start her medical at slec and transfer. They will count the days she took the tb drugs outside..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all!

Don't worry about the 4 month date on the petition, the embassy will automatically extend the validity up to a year.

As for the TB treatment - DO NOT stop the current treatment. Wait until it is completed to proceed further.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.