ZA_35

Why do Spouses wait longer than Fiances?

99 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't choose to go to the TSC and wait there for 7 months compared to a K-1 CSC 2 week approval.

But not, alas, in the eyes of the USCIS. And in this game, the only opinion that counts, belongs to them. A legal contract a marriage may be, however not that difficult to get out of with a divorce, really.

If Immigration intends to allow the other half of a married couple to arrive in the USA complete with a 2 or 10 year green card as they do, you can bet your bottom dollar those people are going to be properly, intensely, vetted first.

I would think, over time, I've seen threads similar to this one pop up when the going gets slow at one service center or another. Nothing ever comes of it. All that happens is a lot of locked threads due to bickering and sniping at each other , lot of bad feeling, and a lot of negativity. Comparing apples with oranges, annoyed that the type of visa they did not apply for goes faster than the one they chose. That being said, I don't know what the heck has gotten into VJ lately. A whole lot of people with their kickers in a twist, because of choices they themselves made.

At least it isn't another TSC/CSC thread or another Phils expedite arguement.... which according to timelines, if accurate, seems to have stopped.....

*edit I spoke too soon....

Edited by Shauneg

Yes I did and you chose to wait and have the option of trying out your Fiance for 90 days with an opt out clause.

'Trying out' a fiancé? Really? Many people entering on the K1 marry early on in their I-94 term. And not everyone at CSC is 'two weeks', as your previous post implied. My petition was there for 4 months. It has been 8 months since we sent it in. It varies.

Everyone has there burden. While the processes may seem tilted or unfair, it's how it is. You're right, the spouse of a spousal visa has to wait in their country while they are adjusted, but you get to work on entry correct? You have a green card? Many K1ers have to wait many months to enter the country, and then up to a year for their green card. If they are able to, they can get EAD and AP in a few months.

I've been with my fiance for 5 years and have lived with her (in her country) for 3 years. I'm not trying out anything. Many have known their fiance for longer than you have and have gone the K1 route. Conversely, there are those who have never seen each other, gotten married, and pursued the CR-1 option. Quit acting like those that pursue the CR-1 are more "stable" or "real" than those that petition for a K1 visa.

How can a couple never see each other and get married? They would cetainly be denied any petition.

A marriage is more real than a fiance agreement - otherwise nobody would bother to get married and YOU wouldn't have to get married within those 90 days. Your fiance could be your fiance forever.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

How can a couple never see each other and get married? They would cetainly be denied any petition.

A marriage is more real than a fiance agreement - otherwise nobody would bother to get married and YOU wouldn't have to get married within those 90 days. Your fiance could be your fiance forever.

I meant that people see each other once, get married and file for the CR-1. I am not wasting more time with you. "your fiance could be your fiance forever"?

umm k. Hopefully you are stuck in AP.

Edited by ascertainLovE

Newp, you are wrong again. It has happened, three times since I've been around.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

People going through the process currently are here to rant, snap at each other (It is a fun things to do!)

Threads like these will come and go.

But those whiners will hardly stick around here to help out after their process are completed.

So let the newbies vent, no need for reasoning :)

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

People going through the process currently are here to rant, snap at each other (It is a fun things to do!)

Threads like these will come and go.

But those whiners will hardly stick around here to help out after their process are completed.

So let the newbies vent, no need for reasoning :)

I wonder sometimes why I bother really :)

I wonder sometimes why I bother really :)

For the ones that truly appreciate the help.

Honestly the best way for the USCIS to make it fair (time to green card) is to do away with AOS unless from a dual intent visa (like K1, H1B, etc...) but they will NEVER do that because of the money they get from AOS. K1 is traditionally faster to visa but slower to green card. There are always exceptions of course.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

For the ones that truly appreciate the help.

There is that. Thanks for reminding me :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

This is completely false. Lots of people cannot get a tourist visa because the CO is not convinced that they do not have immigrant intent. A K-1 has immigrant intent, so not being able to get a tourist visa has nothing do with someone's eligibility to get a K-1.

Could not have married in the US had it not been for a K-1 visa. My husband was denied a tourist visa 3 times trying to come visit me in my country to meet my family and friends in person instead of me always having to travel to him. There are many countries where it is difficult to procure a tourist visa.

I completely agree with you. My fiancé attempted to get a B1/B2 twice and was turned down. She had no issues obtaining the K1.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I hate to burst your bubble, but in 2012/2013 I-130s were being processed much more quickly than I-129Fs on average. Almost everyone who filed when I did had an approved I-130 in under 6 months, in fact of the hundreds of petitions filed around mine that I tracked via their receipt numbers, the majority were approved in under 3 months.

Processing times for petitions ebb and flow, it is hard to predict which will be the fastest.

I hate tell you that but its not true at all i waited more than 18 months only in Uscis be approved then and almost 8 months in Nvc with that checking list & still wait and wait

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.