Kd.pathak

What does this means on Ceac status after interview is done?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks.

Today i did my interview and Councelor gavè me a card with date 2nd April. What is this?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Administrative processing basically means additional scrutiny to your marriage or additional background security check.

What you have, is it a 221g form?

the CO told me the visa is approved yesterday, i checked today ceac status and it said Administrative Processing (if the Co didnt ask you to bring any other document, or told you that they needed to verify something..this basically means the visa is being process in some department..right before its issued), after a few hours..my status changed to Issued

USCIS Stage

05/23/2013 - NOA1

11/04/2013 - I-130 Approved

NVC Stage

02/12/2013 - NVC received case

17/12/2013 - Case # and IIN

18/12/2013 - Completed DS-261 Choice of Agent

19/12/2013 - AOS fee bill invoice

24/12/2013 - IV fee bill invoice

08/01/2014 - AOS Paid

10/01/2014 - IV Paid

15/01/2014 - DS-260 Submitted

15/01/2014 - AOS and IV packages sent

10/02/2014 - AOS Checklist

11/03/2014 - CC by phone inquiry

18/03/2014 - CC email

30/01/2015 - IV date by phone inquiry

03/02/2015 - IL (P4) email

Consulate

Medical:25FEB2015

Biometrics:08MAR2015

Interview:17MAR2015-APPROVED!

CEAC visa status: 18MAR2015 - ISSUED

PickUp Passport & IV Packet: 20MAR2015

Travel&Cards

POE: 07/24/2015 JFK, NY

SSN: 08/03/2015

PR: 09/02/2015 Card received in mail

Timeline

Administrative processing basically means additional scrutiny to your marriage or additional background security check.

What you have, is it a 221g form?

mine and my wife has 10 years of difference as she is older than me. May be they want to make sure whether this is true relation or not. I havent heard abt 221g form. She told congratulation, gave me the card and told me to come to that date. When i came out i saw 2 April, means 2 weeks. And later checked Ceac, all that was written

Timeline

mine and my wife has 10 years of difference as she is older than me. May be they want to make sure whether this is true relation or not. I havent heard abt 221g form. She told congratulation, gave me the card and told me to come to that date. When i came out i saw 2 April, means 2 weeks. And later checked Ceac, all that was written

The fact she said "congratulations" is a good sign.

I'm not familiar with how the passport with visa is handled in your country. Do you have to pick it up personally at the embassy? Seems to me like that's a pick up date.

Timeline

What did the CO said? Anything wrong with ur application and anything else in ur relationship?

my wife is 10 years older than me. She just said how according to ur culture? And warned me if this is not true u wil b banned this or that. I heard that word in every window. I guess they want to see our expression before interview. She checked photos, tax papers, asked abt her family, abt sponcer, abt their job. My wife sister is our sponcer ani i guess it helped and said congratulation and gave me a card of April 2. Bt why 2 weeks hold?

What did the CO said? Anything wrong with ur application and anything else in ur relationship?

my wife is 10 years older than me. She just said how according to ur culture? And warned me if this is not true u wil b banned this or that. I heard that word in every window. I guess they want to see our expression before interview. She checked photos, tax papers, asked abt her family, abt sponcer, abt their job. My wife sister is our sponcer ani i guess it helped and said congratulation and gave me a card of April 2. Bt why 2 weeks hold?

Timeline

The fact she said "congratulations" is a good sign.

I'm not familiar with how the passport with visa is handled in your country. Do you have to pick it up personally at the embassy? Seems to me like that's a pick up date.

yeh we need to visit embassy. She was happy giving me that card. After seeing that card i forgot to ask her anything. She simply told to come on that given date. Bt why hold for 2 weeks? Do u hav any idea sister?

the CO told me the visa is approved yesterday, i checked today ceac status and it said Administrative Processing (if the Co didnt ask you to bring any other document, or told you that they needed to verify something..this basically means the visa is being process in some department..right before its issued), after a few hours..my status changed to Issued

hope it happens to me also my friend

Timeline

yeh we need to visit embassy. She was happy giving me that card. After seeing that card i forgot to ask her anything. She simply told to come on that given date. Bt why hold for 2 weeks? Do u hav any idea sister?

We can't tell for sure aside from the fact that they already put you in AP. Don't worry too much, atleast you know the exact date that you're going to get your visa. Relax and start packing but don't buy a ticket yet. ?

Timeline

We can't tell for sure aside from the fact that they already put you in AP. Don't worry too much, atleast you know the exact date that you're going to get your visa. Relax and start packing but don't buy a ticket yet. í ½í¸

i need to cancel my tour to India. i saw some case where they told they will call rather than card. Yeh atleast i got the date. Hope everything goes well. Thank u sister for being with me on my queries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.