JT09

MEDICAL RESULT WILL EXPIRE BEFORE GOING TO U.S

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

Yea, I knew he would need to do it again I just wasn't sure if he needs to go through the whole sputum and culture test again. I emailed St. Luke's and they confirmed that if they see any abnormalities on his x-rays he will in fact would have to go thru everything all over again.

I also called the Embassy and they said that if the visa expires we don’t necessarily would have to file the petition all over again, she said we could surrender the expired visa along with a letter explaining why the visa didn’t get used. For now all we can do is wait for the visa to get to my dad and see if it’s going to expire along with his medical results. Thanks for everyone’s help. Wish us luck!

@ JT pls share the number you used when you called the embassy. I need it so badly. My medical expired already and no info from the embassy if I need to repeat my medical. My visa is not yet issued then visa expired. I want to act now than sitting here without doing anything.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Tiny Jo I went to this website http://manila.usembassy.gov/contact.html found "Immigrant Visa" and called the (703) 520-2235 number since I am in the U.S. I hope you get answers! Good luck!

Edited by JT09

• 3 years later...
On 3/19/2015 at 4:45 PM, apple21 said:

You may want to prepare your dad as early as now about leaving and not delaying until June.

Don't forget that he has to do CFO as well.

Good luck!

On 3/19/2015 at 4:40 PM, JT09 said:

Yea, I knew he would need to do it again I just wasn't sure if he needs to go through the whole sputum and culture test again. I emailed St. Luke's and they confirmed that if they see any abnormalities on his x-rays he will in fact would have to go thru everything all over again.

I also called the Embassy and they said that if the visa expires we don’t necessarily would have to file the petition all over again, she said we could surrender the expired visa along with a letter explaining why the visa didn’t get used. For now all we can do is wait for the visa to get to my dad and see if it’s going to expire along with his medical results. Thanks for everyone’s help. Wish us luck!

This the stupidest thing I think I have ever heard of.. St Luke’s did the original medical exam and sputum culture they have all the records associated with it .. they know the sputum was negitive but yet they will duplicate that which they have already done??? They know originally there was scare tissue.. so do the idiots think within just a few months that scar tissue will magically disappear???  That’s is robotic stupidity!!  With a mixture of fear if they don’t follow the embassy protocol in conjunction with the CDC in Atlanta Georgia USA the department of state etc... that they could find another clinic to to all the medical exams!! That’s what all this is about.. then on top of all this St Luke’s profits twice as much by sucking $335 more dollars out of the applicants pocket.. this is a bureaucratic failed procedure all around at the expense the petitioner and beneficiary.. it is a disgrace and a shame to the American government to allow this to happen.. it is a shame to the American embassy in Manila that their whole persona is they will not go out of their way to kindly help good people along in this flawed system.. it’s like they are not really here to help new citizens wanting to come into the country.. not really .. theirvactions speak louder than their words! These spouses and family member visa people need to be treated with dignity and respect! Sad sad sad!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.