JamesRenee

Our own thread

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It's been a very long journey for me and outcome is still unknown/pending. I am walking "ball of stress". The waiting is killing me, but there is nothing I can do, but just to wait, otherwise I would end up in mental hospital. I waited 6 months at TSC. Also bothered me when I heard people complaining about 2 weeks of wait. TSC really needs to get it's s**** together. 7 months is outrageous!!! :protest:

:luv:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to USCIS Service Centers Forum~

~Commentary about USCIS Service Centers~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I undestabd your pain.

People who get a fast aoproval think that it is very easy wait 7 or 10 months to be approved.

They dont know our pain, they dont care about others feelings.

it is the same when you are in ap, waiting after you are approved at the consulate.

I have a year waiting my visa after approved at the consulate, yesterday a stupid who gotva fast approval messaged me to tell me that i havent done nothing to have the ap done.

Can you belive that? A stupid person who doesnt jnow the pain , frustration and stress of be waiting one year, telling me that i havent done nothing during my ap.

As you say they dont know how many letteres we have written, how many times we e-mail , visit the embassy or all the things that we try to do.

For me that was very painfull when that idiot and stupid person messaged to tell me that i gavent done nothing.

They dont know who you feel when you hear your fiance sick in tge phone and you cant do nothing to help your fiance.

Becausevthey get fast approvals they wabt that we jump in one legs and we cant give our opinions.

I feel your pain for sure and it is frustrating and hard. I have only been waiting for 3 plus months, but it is still hard to do. I've come to terms with it and honestly while hating the wait, decided to take advantage of the wait by preparing for my marriage and hopeful family by saving money and finding ways to ensure a successful transition when that time comes. I don't blame the excitement of those at CSC or those at TSC who were approved quickly, I am very happy for them. I wish them much success in their future marriages, 7 months is a long time and eternity for those who are without their love. But I also look at the positive in that...when you do finally come together as one, perhaps with the tough gets going, the two of you (us) can look back and remember how hard we fought to be together and how much in love we were with each other, that is something those who got quick approvals do not have. They do not have the perseverance, the patience, the trust, the long suffering we have, which will hopefully prove beneficial when marriage is consummated.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

I honestly think that a fair few of them are trolls---some of the more playful/combative "regulars" from around here who like to ruffle feathers and stir stuff up for kicks. Keep that in mind.

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Dec 2015: Legal marriage

23 Jan 2016: Wedding!

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

23 Apr 2016: Wedding! Finally! :luv:

27 Apr 2016: Electronic NOA1 for all 3 :dancing:
29 Apr 2016: NOA1 Hardcopy for all 3
29 Jul 2016: Online service request for late EAD (Day 104)
29 Jul 2016: EAD/AP Approved ~3 hours after online service request
04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
05 Aug 2016: EAD/AP Combo Card arrived! (Day 111)
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

17 Feb 2015: NOA1 "Received Date"
19 Feb 2015: NOA1 Notice Date
08 Aug 2015: NOA2 email! :luv: (173 days from NOA1)

17 Aug 2015: Sent to NVC

?? Aug 2015: Arrived at NVC

25 Aug 2015: NVC Case # Assigned

31 Aug 2015: Left NVC for Consulate in San Jose

09 Sep 2015: Consulate received :dancing: (32 days from NOA2)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

18 Sep 2015: Medicals complete

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

13 Oct 2015: Interview

13 Oct 2015: VISA APPROVED :thumbs: (236 days from NOA1)

19 Oct 2015: Visa-in-hand

24 Oct 2015: POE !

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Two suggestions, to take or leave:

-- See this thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

-- Use this time to become a student of the future process, and to prepare the beneficiary for whatever his or her goals in life will be upon arrival (school, employment, etc.).

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Two suggestions, to take or leave:

-- See this thread

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410945-k-1-journey-completed/

-- Use this time to become a student of the future process, and to prepare the beneficiary for whatever his or her goals in life will be upon arrival (school, employment, etc.).

Thanks, TBone. However, I think the issue here is the *non stop* "we are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BLEEEEEEEEESED" for getting NOA2 in 10 days, followed by whining "OMG sooooooooooo lucky, I had to wait THEEEEE WEEEEEKSSSSS" and then someone still waiting after 6 months chimes with a "dude, chill. 3 weeks is awesome" in and responded to with a chorus a "be patient, everyone's case is different. We're just SUPER ORGANIZED", and INSISTING that it's personal organization that got them through CSC at lightening speed whereas all of us at TSC must have applied via smoke signal and clay tablet.. It's getting old, I personally think that at least a bit of it is mischief-makers looking to ruffle feathers and laugh about it, and this (I believe) was started to be a venting thread.

Also, in terms of preparing the beneficiary. I can't speak for all but for US, we didn't even talk seriously about marriage until we'd already talked seriously about goals and direction in life and how that might play out if one or the other of us moved to the other country. We're ready to be married, living together and starting a life together. That, to us, was the standard *before* engagement. Add in the terrible expense of maintaining two households and the fact that right now as I type this my fiance is off for (another) medical appointment to see if there's anything they can do for him (nothing gross or life threatening but something to be fixed) and I fully expect that answer to be "not here" and I *know* that there is stuff to be done HERE. It is just flipping frustrating to be told to calm down and be patient by someone who didn't even have time to have a freaking menstrual cycle between dropping their application off in the mail and getting to NVC, whereas we are looking at a *minimum* of 16 rent/mortgage payments.

Edited to add: not saying that anyone currently complaining is the first or the last to have this happen. And my and my fiance's expenses and medical problems are not anywhere near as drastic as others. I'm just identifying the root cause of the frustrating of being patted on the head and being told to be a good girl by people who have *no clue* what facing a prolonged wait is like. And from those who have been there, done that? I can only hope to one day have your perspective. I'm sure in hindsight this is all small beans. That doesn't help the immediacy of the situation at hand or the utter cluelessness (or trollish behavior, depending) of the folks in question.

Edited by CatherineA

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

23 Jan 2016: "Blizzard of the Century", wedding canceled/rescheduled (thank goodness we were legally married first or we'd have had a big problem!) :sleepy:

24 Jan 2016: Small "civil ceremony" with friends and family who were snowed in with us. December was a bit of a secret and people had traveled internationally and knew we *had* to get married that weekend, and our December legal marriage was nothing but signing a piece of paper at our priest's kitchen table, without any sort of vows etc so this was actually a very special (if not legally significant) day. (L)

16 Apr 2016: Filed for AOS and EAD/AP (We delayed a bit-- no big rush, enjoying the USCIS break)

04 Aug 2016: RFE for Green Card (requested medicals/ vaccination record. They already have it). :ranting:
08 Aug 2016: Congressional constituent request to get guidance on the RFE. Hoping they see they have the form and approve!

K-1 Visa Timeline:

PLEASE NOTE. This timeline was during the period of time when TSC was working on I-129fs and had a huge backlog. The average processing time was 210+ days. This is in no way predictive of your own timeline if you filed during or after April 2015, unless CSC develops a backlog. A backlog is anything above the 5-month goal time listed on USCIS's site

14 Feb 2015: Mailed I-129f to Dallas Lockbox. (L) (Most expensive Valentine's card I've ever sent!)

11 Sep 2015: Packet 3 emailed from embassy to me, the petitioner (34 days from NOA2).

21 Sep 2015: Packet 3 complete, my boss puts a temporary moratorium on all time off due to work emergency :clock:

02 Oct 2015: Work emergency clears up, interview scheduled (soonest available was 5 business days away--Columbus Day was in there)

15 Dec 2015: Fiance's mother's B-2 visa interview: APPROVED! So happy she will be at the wedding! :thumbs:

!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do people honestly think after 5 1/2 months that we have not exhausted every single thing we can "prepare" for? Again, I'm not referring to those who have been approved in 3 weeks....I am referring to people who have been waiting MONTHS! Preparedness is obsolete at this point. This is a waiting game for those at TSC plain and simple. And a completely unfair waiting game.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yeah TBoneTX, I'll have to go-along with CatherineA's commentary. I've already done *all* of the prep we can do prior to the interview, and that INCLUDES the prep for the CRBA, which we are being forced to do simply because we are in the TSC. By contrast, if we had been in the CSC none of that would have been necessary and she would be here now. And our son would be born in TEXAS, which is what we both wanted. So. When you've done EVERYTHING you can to prepare for the upcoming portions of the overall process AND YOU'RE STILL WAITING, then YES, it becomes beyond old to see all of the CSC filers who are complaining about a total of a 3 week wait; and then they have the nerve to tell us to "chill"?!?!?!! ..... yeah, I won't say what I'm thinking when I hear that because it is not pleasant and contains a ton of swear words. Such insensitive, selfish, egomaniac, a-holes are the type I'd like to launch into orbit, but without the provision of a life support system. Heck we've even asked for their help but they don't bother to lend a hand, nothing.

Ah don't get me started. I'm gonna stop right here.

9/8/14 - I129F petition sent to the USCIS lockbox via USPS
9/11/14 - Petition received @ USCIS lockbox
9/11/14 - NOA1 Email and text message received
9/15/14 - NOA1 Official notice date
9/18/14 - NOA1 hard copy received
12/9/14 - "Updated" likely because of website repairs, like many of us received
4/20/15 - NOA2 text and email (221 days)

4/29/15 - Sent to the NVC (9 days)

5/8/15 - Arrived at the NVC (9 days)

5/13/15 - Left the NVC (5 days)

5/15/15 - Electronic version arrived at the embassy (2 days)

5/20/15 - Paper copy arrived at the embassy (7 days)

6/4/15 - Status changed to AP (which meant that we could schedule the interview)

6/16/15 - Medical

6/17/15 - K1 APPROVED!!!!

6/30/15 - Passport and sealed envelope delivered via courier

09/2012 filed I-130

12/2012-approved

05/2013-NVC complete

06/2013-interview

06/2013-AP

07/2014-filed writ of mandamus

08/2014- another interview. Found inadmissible for CIMT. (we knew this already) However, embassy also put misrepresentation but didn’t tell us what was misrepresented.

08/2014-filed I-601

01/2015-I-601 approved

01/2015-Administrative Review

02/2015- Found out original I-130 petition is with USCIS. Embassy says USCIS requested it. USCIS says embassy returned it. Still with USCIS Dallas Field Office.

03/19/2015-I scheduled an info pass.

My journey is long and we see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Folks, I did the TSC song & dance. What I did to cope was refuse to read any of those threads where people were either entitling their threads or writing in their OPs something about being processed really fast, because I knew they were CSC. I couldn't stand to see them. I wanted to be happy for them, but I couldn't. I just couldn't do it.So I ignored them. And that helped me.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What I saw was people being removed from a thread because their replies were deemed "negative" because apparently we all should be happy and thrilled that people are getting approvals in 3 weeks- instead of frustrated. That's my issue. Because you know what? Sometimes it's ok to vent

What I saw was people being removed from a thread because their replies were deemed "negative" because apparently we all should be happy and thrilled that people are getting approvals in 3 weeks- instead of frustrated. That's my issue. Because you know what? Sometimes it's ok to vent

Yeah. Or a reply to "well there's nothing we can do to help TSC" with a "actually, there is something you can do to help TSC! there's some folks working on it, there's a guy, a guy actually in a position to get some answers and make things move, just needs some proof that USCIS is lying about CSC processing times (they admit to long TSC processing times, but claim that two months or less approvals at CSC is a lie), so, um, snap a pick of your NOA1 and NOA2? Won't hurt you, dude needs proof, easy as pie, thanks :)"--deleted!

Marriage/ AOS Timeline:

K-1 Visa Timeline:

!

Yeah. Or a reply to "well there's nothing we can do to help TSC" with a "actually, there is something you can do to help TSC! there's some folks working on it, there's a guy, a guy actually in a position to get some answers and make things move, just needs some proof that USCIS is lying about CSC processing times (they admit to long TSC processing times, but claim that two months or less approvals at CSC is a lie), so, um, snap a pick of your NOA1 and NOA2? Won't hurt you, dude needs proof, easy as pie, thanks :)"--deleted!

Why would that post be deleted? I thought this site was to help people. That post seems like it would be beneficial for more people to know about, namely CSC people. I would imagine there are many good-natured CSC folks who'd love to help out the TSCers some.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.