61 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

You are wrong about your priority date.your priority date is march 13 2015.nvc told you that your priority date is march 13 2015,not 2016.please study about priority date from nvc website.thank you.

F2A JOURNEY

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/12/2015 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

08/27/2015 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

08/31/2015 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

09/29/2015 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

10/03/2015: NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

National visa center

11/05/2015: welcome letter received.

11/07/2015: ds261 submitted.

11/10/2015: aos paid

11/22/2015: iv paid

11/25/2015: ds260 completed

11/27/2015: aos & iv packet sent

12/04/2015: scan date

01/14/2016: case complete

09/28/2016: recieved interview letter (phone call)

11/09/2016: interview date.(approved)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I called NVC and they said it still process and no visa...they gave me a priority date March 16 2016, what does this mean?? they also gave me a Case number and Invoice number, what is these for ???

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Maybe you are right,but my pd-January 2015.&my noa 1 describe the priority date,my file is at Vermont service center.no noa2 yet.

Please see the link

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/approved/checkdate.html

F2A JOURNEY

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/12/2015 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

08/27/2015 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

08/31/2015 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

09/29/2015 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

10/03/2015: NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

National visa center

11/05/2015: welcome letter received.

11/07/2015: ds261 submitted.

11/10/2015: aos paid

11/22/2015: iv paid

11/25/2015: ds260 completed

11/27/2015: aos & iv packet sent

12/04/2015: scan date

01/14/2016: case complete

09/28/2016: recieved interview letter (phone call)

11/09/2016: interview date.(approved)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I called NVC and they said it still process and no visa...they gave me a priority date March 16 2016, what does this mean?? they also gave me a Case number and Invoice number, what is these for ???

Your priority date is the date when the service center has received your form I130.

It is 13 March 2015 for the next step you have to wait the first letter from NVC or if you have the case number and your invoice number you can check the visa status on the NVC web site.

Your priority date is the date when the service center has received your form I130.

It is 13 March 2015 for the next step you have to wait the first letter from NVC or if you have the case number and your invoice number you can check the visa status on the NVC web site.

I have my case num and invoice. Can u pls provide the link to check my status online.. thanks!

Edited by juliusmagno08

• 2 weeks later...

just question. Normally how long is the process afte NVC recieved my case? my case is in the system and process but saw some people getting response within days or just weeks. It ist because i'm a green card holder and not a citzen?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

just question. Normally how long is the process afte NVC recieved my case? my case is in the system and process but saw some people getting response within days or just weeks. It ist because i'm a green card holder and not a citzen?

Yes. Even if you get the case number, NVC won't process your case until your priority date is close to being current. Monitor the monthly visa bulletin.

• 4 weeks later...

Called NVC again this morning, asked them what is the update and they told me my visa is not on process yet bec i am not near to my pririoty date. question is when do they start processing my visa? my priority date is march 2015.

Edited by juliusmagno08

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Called NVC again this morning, asked them what is the update and they told me my visa is not on process yet bec i am not near to my pririoty date. question is when do they start processing my visa? my priority date is march 2015.

Currently they are processing visas for those who applied before March 1, 2014. Your PD is in March 16, 2015. Still the date has to move one year to reach your PD. When the date comes anywhere close to 6 months of your PD, like Oct or so, NVC will send you the invoices for AOS and IV fees. You also do DS261, DS260 and I864 forms at that time. Once NVC reviews all those and everything is ok then they will say your case is completed and when your PD becomes current they will send all your documents to the embassy where your relative will have the visa interview. They will also schedule the visa interview like one month before the PD going to become current and notify you via email.

Then your relative has to do medical and biometric and then go to the interview. If the visa is approved in the interview, you will get your passport with visa within three to five working days. You will also receive a documents packet along with your passport. Don't open it. You have to give it to the immigration officer in the usa airport.

Hope this helps

I am expecting around 8-10 months from now for your PD to become current and interview getting scheduled. That's just my guess based on current movement on the date.

Currently they are processing visas for those who applied before March 1, 2014. Your PD is in March 16, 2015. Still the date has to move one year to reach your PD. When the date comes anywhere close to 6 months of your PD, like Oct or so, NVC will send you the invoices for AOS and IV fees. You also do DS261, DS260 and I864 forms at that time. Once NVC reviews all those and everything is ok then they will say your case is completed and when your PD becomes current they will send all your documents to the embassy where your relative will have the visa interview. They will also schedule the visa interview like one month before the PD going to become current and notify you via email.

Then your relative has to do medical and biometric and then go to the interview. If the visa is approved in the interview, you will get your passport with visa within three to five working days. You will also receive a documents packet along with your passport. Don't open it. You have to give it to the immigration officer in the usa airport.

Hope this helps

I am expecting around 8-10 months from now for your PD to become current and interview getting scheduled. That's just my guess based on current movement on the date.

OMG Thank you so much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.