britishtex

I-864 London DCF

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So you know when you are certain everything is in order, but you still feel like you're missing something? That's how I am feeling with regards to the I-864. My partner is going to his interview this week and I filled out the I-864 before I came to the States. We are using savings from stocks and bonds, which in itself covers the 5X125% poverty guidelines. We also have our house that we own in the States and have the documents from the closing. Since I am currently looking for work, the only income I have is through investments and such. We have the previous 12 months statements from our bank here in the States (stocks, bonds and cash) that show over the past twelve months, the amount has been over the poverty guidelines.

This is all they're looking for isn't it? I mean I have the previous 3 years tax transcripts printed from the IRS site, which correlates to the savings obviously, but just really nervous I am forgetting something. It makes it so hard when I am here looking for work and reestablishing domicile and my spouse is doing this alone in the UK. Can anyone shed light on their experience with the interview in regards to the I-864?

Thanks for any help. This is so stressful!!! Our future life together all hangs on the interview this week!! EEEEK!

Your whole life does not hang on the interview. If there is something more in regards to the I864, they will put it in writing and tell him to send it back via the courier. Not nearly as dramatic as you imagine.

The home--did you cover all of this?

Only assets that can be converted into cash within one year and without considerable hardship or financial loss to the owner may be included. The owner of the asset must include a description of the asset, proof of ownership, and the basis for the owner's claim of its net cash value.

You may include the net value of your home as an asset. The net value of the home is the appraised value of the home, minus the sum of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home. If you wish to include the net value of your home, this, you must include documentation demonstrating that you own it, a recent appraisal by a licensed appraiser, and evidence of the amount of any and all loans secured by a mortgage, trust deed, or other lien on the home.

You only require 3x 125% poverty level.

In order to qualify based on the value of your assets, the total value of your assets must equal at least five times the difference between your total household income and the current poverty guidelines for your household size. However, if you are a U.S. citizen and you are sponsoring your spouse or minor child, the total value of your assets must only be equal to at least three times the difference.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you for your detailed reply. I feel better. Just to clarify one thing if I can. Is it best to just use the assets (bank account) if they alone make up the funds needed? I am of course submitting the three years of tax transcripts, but as the income fluctuates based on the market, I didn't know if it would be better to just leave everything else out and just qualify based on the money in my account, not the income it produces? It would seem simpler that way.

Whatever qualifies you is what you use. If the cash assets put you over the top, then extra things are superfluous, but no harm in sending it. Many times they hand back extra proofs of income if not needed to qualify.

It sounds like you are well prepared and it really should be nothing to fret over.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.